Chapter 7

We Were There

Chuseok day. I can still remember how that day turned so good when my memory of it is so tragic. He was always my source of happiness. He is the person who brought me happiness again.

I was early for school since we have to organize everything before school opens to the public. I passed by the cherry blossom garden we have just before the school main entrance.

“Whenever you’re sad just look at the cherry blossoms, you’ll see how bright the world is”

His voice echoed in my ears as if he was there. I brushed the feeling away. I wont let it get to me. I don’t want to ruin our day. How can I look at the cherry blossoms when it reminds me of him?

I entered the room and saw Yuri by the window. I greeted her and she just nod. I placed my things on my desk and brought out my planner.

“Did you just forget everything like that?” Yuri said as she sat down in front of me.

“What are you saying?” I asked trying not to look at her and just focused on the list of things to do.

“This is the day he-“

“I know.” I looked at her. “And I wont forget that. I wont forget your twin. You remind me of him. The cherry blossoms remind me of him. That empty chair by the window reminds me of him. It’s hard to forget when everything around me is him.”

“What about kyungsoo?”

“What about him?”

“You’re attracted to him.” Yuri said.

“No.” I said firmly. “I’m not.”

“I trusted you with my brother. I hope you mean your words.” Yuri said and went out of the room.

***

I fell asleep at my desk. I woke up to someone poking me on the head. I looked up to see Luhan smiling at me as he sat down in front of me.

“You’re early.” He said.

“I have to.” I said and smiled a bit to be polite.

“I heard stories about you.” Luhan said. “ and somehow you’re just like Kyungsoo.”

“What have you heard?”

“How can you celebrate Chuseok when it reminds you of something tragic?” Luhan gave me a sad smile.

“I don’t celebrate it.  I just don’t have a choice.”

“Do you want to tell me?” Luhan asked.

“My boyfriend died last chuseok.” I said and stood up. “That’s all”