Chapter 8

We Were There

It was a long day. At least for me. There were a lot of students from the other schools who keeps on coming in our shop. I'm busy taking orders and so are the others while Chanyeol and Baekhyun perform a duet, Sunmi serving as the table manager while Yuri as the cashier. 

Yuri, I thought. 

She was a nice girl. She loves her twin so much that she hated me but eventually liked me. I cant make myself hate her how much I wanted to because he reminds me of Taehyun so much. She wants me to suffer. She thinks it was my fault her twin brother died. But sometimes I partly blame myself why I let him do what he wants. Let him be sick and just hang on to every moment we have.. or used to have. Why..

"Nana?" Someone nudged me. "Hey"

I froze. I'm spacing out again. I snapped back to reality and saw Luhan holding my arm. "Why?"

"You're pale.. You're so white." Luhan touched my cheek. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah.. I dont feel weird." I said. "I'm fine. Thanks" 

"Get her some water." Yuri said as she walked towards us. She called two of our classmate to take over the orders. "She's anemic. She has to rest." She told Luhan to take me somewhere I can breathe. 

Luhan held my hand and pulled me out of the room. I saw Kyungsoo came out fo the cooking area but Yuri stopped him. 

"I'm fine, Luhan." I said, watching as he hold my hand. His hands were soft.. like Taehyung. "You dont have to-"

"Let's just get you some place to rest and breathe for awhile." He smiled. 

We sat down at the garden at the back of the school. It was nice to be there. It feels so relaxing. Luhan let go of my hand and sat down across me. I studied his facial features. He looks so young and bubbly. His round eyes makes his face so bright. 

"You okay?" Luhan asked. I just nodded. 

"Have you ever fell in love?" I asked him suddenly. "So in love, you wanted to be with that person all day of everyday?" 

Luhan laughed. A sweet laugh. "Well.. I do. But I'm not that guy whom they choose. I was always the admirer from a far." 

My face fell. I dont know why. But Luhan felt sad. 

"I'm not sad." Luhan said as he touched my hair. "If that's what you're thinking." 

"I'm just unfortunate." Luhan smiled. Something inside me breaks. Just like how Kyungsoo looks so fragile it breaks my heart. "You?"

"Me?" I asked. "Well.. I do. but I wasn't fortunate enough to make it last." 

"But there's no forever." Luhan said. "It's only a matter of time." 

"Maybe." I smiled. "I dont know. there's too much memories of him. I cant handle it anymore." 

We stopped talking and let the silence embrace us.