Chapter 5

We Were There

It has been a month already since Luhan and Kyungsoo moved in our school. By the looks of it, our school has changed. We’re far from having the normal high school days in our lives. Since the two arrived, everything seems so special and fun, not that I’m having fun myself though. The thing is the day doesn’t end without thinking about Kyungsoo.

“Nana.” Someone tapped me on the head, annoyingly. “Nana, are you sleeping? Wake up. Hurry.”

I slowly put my head up and stare at the person tapping my head who turns out to be Sunmi. She smiled. I scowled.

“What now? You should have gone home right now.” I said.

“No wonder Baek’s afraid to confess to you..” Sunmi muttered something I wasn’t able to catch up with. “So  moody.”

“What? What Baek?” I asked.

“Nothing..” Sunmi pouted. “Anyways, remember the special Saturday we’ll be getting for Chuseok? You were signed up at cooking. Just so you know.. I mean you-“

“Who the hell signed me up there?” I immediately stood up, arms on my waist.

“I don’t know that’s why I’m here.”  Sunmi looked surprise at my sudden burst out.

“I’m the one leading the class why do I even have to cook. Ugh.” I sat down and put my head on the table. “Thanks sunmi. You can go now.”

“Alright.” Sunmi said, “Hey, don’t throw a feat at the hallway okay? Last time you were signed up for something you, you burned down the list. Bye.”

“Yes.Yes. I wont.” I heard the classroom door closed. I decided to pack my things and see the list for myself.

I walked down the hallway and went to the bulletin board and there it is:

Chuseok Saturday

MCs:

Park Chanyeol

Byun Baekhyun

Stage managers:

Xi Luhan

Yoon Sunmi

Lee Sungyeol

Lee Hyunjae

Sounds and Lights:

Kim Sungkyu

Kwon Jiyong

DJ:

Yoon doojoon

Café managers (Cooking, Service) :

Lee Nana

Do Kyungsoo

*listed here are class representatives of all freshmen

“Damn it.” I muttered.

“Hey.” I turned to my right just to see Kyungsoo. “We’re on the same thing.”

“I didn’t sign up for this. I’m not going.” I said and turned around to go when suddenly Kyungsoo took hold of my wrist. Thump thump thump.

“I did it.” Kyungsoo said as he turned me around to face him. “If that’s what you’re mad for, I signed you up.”

“You what?” I felt myself whispered those words. “Why?”

“I just want to.” Kyungsoo said. “I want you around there when I cook.. I want you to talk to me while I cook. I just want you there.”

I don’t understand what he’s trying to do or say. Is he playing with me? Does he know how much my heart race just the thought of him? It makes me crazy.

I pulled my arm away. “Don’t pull a joke on me, Kyungsoo.” I try to contain myself but I cant. I felt hot tears flowing down my cheeks.

 “If you think you can just go sassy and flirty with every girl in this school well you’re wrong. I’m not one of them. Don’t play with my feelings. Go away.” I turned around and left him there. I’m not letting him get a place in my heart that I guarded for a long time.

I kept walking and walking and walking when someone once again pulled me by the hand. I was about to slap him when he took hold of my other hand.

“Whoa. Wait!!” Baekhyun said. “It’s me.”

“Can you guys stop pulling my hand?!” I shouted.

“Sorry. Sorry.. Are you okay? Are you crying?” He asked.

“No..” I whispered.

“You are. Who the hell made you cry?!”

“It’s nothing. Let’s just go home.”

Baekhyun pulled me closer and hugged me. I try to budge but then he hugged me tighter.

“Let me hug you for awhile. Don’t stress yourself too much. You can cry now.” He said. I felt my body softened and cried.

Do Kyungsoo.. What do you want?