Chapter 9

We Were There

It was almost a month since my last encounter with Kyungsoo and that heartbreaking silence with Luhan. We haven't talked much after Chuseok as if it was meant to be that way. I kind of wondered why but a part of me feels happy that the frequent thumping of my heart just at Kyungsoo's presence stopped. I sat at my desk and looked at the students going out of the campus. I sighed. 

"Nana?" 

I was caught off guard by the voice. I was so surprised I accidentally fell of my desk backwards. 

"Nana!" The person immediately ran to me. It was Baekhyun. My heart sank. 

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked. He helped me stand. My back hurts so much, I cringed in pain. 

"I think I fell hard." I sighed. "I'm okay though." 

"I'm sorry if I surprised you.." Baekhyun trailed off. "It's just that I was worried with you."

I looked at him. I know how Baekhyun felt towards me but I cant like him back. I dont want him hurt. Even though it's way too obvious, I ignored his sweetness and kindness and thoughtfulness to me. I'm playing dumb just to not get him hurt. 

"I'm okay Baek.."

"You have been spacing out this past few weeks.." Baekhyun said. "I know I dont have the right but I'm always here for you and I dont want you to be like that."

"I chose to be like this." I told him, looking away from his face,

"Be what? Miserable?" Baekhyun started to sound mad. "You dont have to be mi-"

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol called him from the classroom door. "Stop. You're going too far."

Baekhyuun sighed. "I just want to help."

Chanyeol looked at me and then Baekhyun. "Nana's old enough to help herself. Let her be. Let's go home."

I took my things and stared as Baekhyun went to Chanyeol and left. I closed the classroom and walked the opposite way.

Miserable, I thought of the words Baekhyun just said. I'm letting myself be miserable.