Chapter 10

We Were There

Baekhyun and I weren't talking ot each other and Chanyeol started ignoring me, too. I wondered why suddenly they were being like this. I mean, I was miserable ever since Taehyung died. 

It was lunch break. Since, the two are ignoring me, I went to the rooftop instead. As I was going up the stairs, I felt my heart skip a beat. I suddenly thought of Kyungsoo. Is he there? I wondered to myself. 

thump. thump.

I held my chest for support. I havent felt it for a long time. I still dont know why my heart skips a beat because of him. I can't say I like him because I dont feel that way. I dont know. 

I opened the door to the rooftop and went to the corner that has a good view of the school and the town. I inhaled the fresh air above. It feels refreshing to be there. Train of thoughts crossed my mind. It always happen whenever I'm alone. Slowly, they come at me. Making me think and think and think.

"You're thinking again." A felt a finger poked my cheek as I tried to see who it was. Kyungsoo smiled. 

thump. thump. thump.

My heart started its crazy beating again. I felt it beating as if I got excited. 

I stared at Kyungsoo. He stared back. 

"Stop thinking for awhile." Kyungsoo said without breaking eye contact. 

"You always appear at unexpected times." I said as I look away. 

"I can't help it." He said. "Wherever you are, it seems like I should be there." 

I looked at him, "What?" 

"Gravitational pull of the earth"? opposite ends meet?" He explained. "Just like that."

"We're not the opposite ends of something." I said. "We're not."

I can still feel my heart and whenever he talks. It increases that little beating of it.  

He took my hand suddenly and put it near his chest. He closed his eyes and smiled. 

"Whenever you're this close.." He trailed off. "You make my heart beat crazy. It makes me happy." 

My world stopped. Like how it stopped when I met Taehyung. I felt his heart beat and stared at him. It's like watching the gates of heaven open. He's beautiful. It makes me cry and I did cry. I can feel hot tears rolling down my face, just that my tears arent sad tears but rather of a new feeling. As if the tears flowed genuinely out of love but I'm not sure. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and was surprised to see me crying. 

"Why are you crying?" He asked as he tries to wiped my tears away. "You always cry when I'm around."

"I dont know either.." I said as I tried to explain. 

"Can you stop crying? I dont like seeing you cry." Kyungsoo said and patted my hair. "Can I see you smile instead? 

Can I see you smile instead? Those words echoed in my ears but with the voice of Taehyung. My world stopped again. I cant do this. I turned around and quickyly walking towards the door. 

"Nana." Kyungsoo called out softly. I stopped.

"Can you please forget the past? Can you please forget every pain and let them go? I maybe still uncertain as to whether I like or love you.. but please, can you like me behind my uncertainty? Can you please give me a chance to open my heart once again? Can you please let me be the reason why you smile?" 

"Can you at least, just for once, look at me without pain in your eyes?" 

My world stopped. His words keep on echoing in my ears. Do I really have to suffer? Can't I have the chance to open my heart too? Taehyung told me to be happy. And right behind my back is the person who makes me happy, who makes me feel as if the world doesnt know pain. 

"Please stop thinking and listen to your heart." Kyungsoo said. 

I stopped thinking and turned around. Tears started to roll again and I felt myself walking and then running.. running to the person who makes my hearbeat crazy. I hugged him tightly and felt his arms around me. 

"I like you, Nana." Kyungsoo whispered to my ear and hugged me tightly. "And I love you, too" 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Comments? Suggestions? My story's getting boring. makes me sad ugh