Chapter 4

We Were There

 "Good morning, Nana"

Luhan greeted me as he entered the room. We're the only ones around since it's still 6:30 am.

"Good morning, Luhan" I smiled a bit.

"I forgot to thank you for picking us up on the airport." Luhan said as he grabbed the chair in front of me and sat down. "Thank you"

" No problem" I said.

" I saw you and Kyungsoo yesterday." He said. "I didn't bother you guys cause you both seem so serious."

"Oh." I feel my mouth form an O. "We were just talking."

"Kyungsoo's a very complicated guy." Luhan laguhed a bit . "But he is really loyal to the person he love the most."

I don't know if I have the right to do so but a part of me wants to ask Luhan, what the real kyungsoo is. Does he like to read? Lemon tarts? Things like that. Does he like girls like-

"But that person left him and died." Luhan continued, cutting my thoughts. "I don't know how he manage to go back in here after 2 years when he can barely cry when she died. It's scary.. Because Kyungsoo never cried. He never did."

"Sorry Luhan.. But do you mind if I ask who is she?" I asked. "I don't have any idea what you're talking about.."

"You don't?" Luhan asked, looking surprised. " We were students in here back in our last year in middle school. Kyungsoo met Yubin. She's a senior. They dated for almost a year but.. She died in a car crash."

"I'm sorry to hear that.." I said as emotions flooded my mind. It's like I feel sad and angry for being cold to him.

"To make it worse, she died with her previous boyfriend.." Luhan sighed. "I don't know why she's with him but Kyungsoo felt betrayed. All those times they were together, he doubted it."

"I"m sorry.." I sighed. " I don't really know how to react to this."

"You don't have to feel sympathy for me." Kyungsoo said as he entered the room.

"Kyungsoo-ah, you're early." Luhan smiled as if what he told me wasn't really a big thing.

I kept quiet as Kyungsoo sat down beside me, smiling as if there's nothing really wrong. I wanted to hug him and say he'll be fine soon. I stared at him as he talk and laugh with Luhan as if he was the happiest guy on earth.

"Nana?" Luhan once again broke my chain of thoughts. "I was asking if you had any plans for the school's Chuseok festival?"

"I-I haven't talked about it with our adviser." I said. "Uh.. Do you have something in mind?"

"Let's just wear hanboks and serve tea." Kyungsoo said as he looks at me. "Then maybe I can cook bibimbap for everyone."

Luhan jumped up and down and throwing his fist up.

"Finally, you"re cooking again!" Luhan said excitingly. "Nana, you should taste his cooking it's beyond amazing and delicious. It's like dining at a five-star hotel!!"

Kyungsoo smiled and looked at me again as Luhan talks about kyungsoo's cooking. He stared at me and I stared back. It was a silent communication but I felt the urge to hug him and pat his head which I didn't do. There's so much things I wated to say and ask.

"Nana-ah!!" I felt arms around me as I heard Baekhyun's voice, breaking my staring contest with Kyungsoo. "You're early for today!!"

"Baekhyun." I said. "Stop it."

"What?" Baekhyun said as he hugged me tighter and kissed the top of my head. " You weren't here during your birthday and I didint have the chance to do this."

Chanyeol appeared with Sunmi behind him. He pulled Baekhyun away while the latter struggled.

"Hi Luhan. Hi Kyungsoo." Sunmi greeted them, her blush evident on her rosy white cheeks.

Luhan said hi while Kyungsoo just smiled. I didn't bother to talk anymore as the four guys enjoyed talking. Sunmi was talking to me about things I can't barely concentrate on. I just nod to acknowledge what she's trying to say.

 

I looked at Kyungsoo again and watched him smile and laugh. He looked back and smiled.

Thump thump.

 

 

 

===

is it boring? TT comments please. TT