Chapter 3

We Were There

It has been weeks since the Luhan and Kyungsoo transferred. Luhan here. Kyungsoo there. Rumors about the two of them being the most popular guy in school has been running since they arrived.

I played with my pen as I sit on my desk watching other students play on the field. Luhan and Kyungsoo was there along with some guys from our class. They both have the charm that none of the other guys in school could have. But I let my gaze fall into one particular person.

“Kyungsoo-ah..”  I heard myself whisper.

“Getting attracted to someone you barely knew?” Yuri said as she looked through the window. “Be careful on what you see and hear, not all of them are true.”

Yuri left with a very disturbing statement. What does she mean and who is she referring to?

=

“Nana, we’ll go ahead.” Chanyeol bid goodbye to me as Baekhyun waved.

“Bye guys.” I waved off.

It was dismissal time but then I still have a lot of things to check on before I go. Too much class president duties. I fixed the books in the shelf as someone entered the room. I turned around to see Kyungsoo.

“Hello, ms. President.” He greeted me coolly.

I waited for the thump thump of my heart but it didn’t appear. I felt relieved.

“Hi.”

“are you always like that?” He asked as he fix his things and his desk.

“Well, I was tasked to do so.”

“Not that.” He said.

“Then what?” I asked not even looking at him. He didn’t answer back. Maybe he left already. I piled up the last stock of book to be brought back to the library and stood up. I turned around just to see Kyungsoo’s face inches away from me. I moved back a bit.

“You startled me.” I said. “I-I thought you left.”

“I didn’t.” He smiled suddenly. “I want you to talk to me.”

“Well.. I’m talking to you right?” I said as I made way to the blackboard to erase the writings on it.

“But you’re not looking at me.” Kyungsoo said. “I want to see you talk and look straight right into me.”

That moment I felt my heart skipped a beat a million times.

"Kyungsoo-shi" I turned to him. "I'm sorry for being rude."

"Are you always like that?" He asked again.

I smiled and sat down at one of the chairs near me. I looked at the sunset that is evident on our classroom window. I watch it slowly move and hide.

"What exactly are you asking about?" I said never looking away from the sunset.

"You're distant.." He asked as I felt him sat down in front of me. "To people who wants to get closer to you."

I'm not the type of person who engage in such small talks. The only friends I have is sunmi, Bakehyun and Chanyeol to whom I don't really talk too that much as well. But this time, Kyungsoo made me talk about me.

"Does being close literally means being close ot the other?" I asked.

"No." He said. "But small talks like this makes people closer."

"But I don't like small talks" I turned to him and smiled. "I have made friends without engaging in such small talks."

"Opening yourself to me already?" He looked straight into my eyes. Thum thump. Thump thump. I heard my heartbeat go wild as he looked at me.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

He stared at me. He didn't answer and just looked at me. I looked at him, letting myself drowned in the beauty in front of me. His eyes. There's something in his eyes that looks like he'll breakdown any minute right now.

"No." He answered, breaking the silence between us. He let out a sigh and stood up to get his things. "Bye, Nana-shi"

He exits the door and left me.

"Kyungsoo-ah.." I heard myself let out his name. Again.