chapter 2

We Were There

I clearly remembered that it was my birthday when we met. It was my birthday when I felt my heart skips a beat for the first time.

“Mr. Shin, What are their names and what do I have to do?” I said irritatingly as my adviser keeps on checking those student’s files. “Can’t we leave this to the admissions office? I mean, it’s not my job t-“

“Ms. Lee.” Our adviser smiled as he hands me the folder. “Our principal asked me to.. do this for him as a favour.. and you’re the only who can help me. Please?”

“Fine!” I gave up and took the folders and went to the door.

“Luhan and Kyungsoo.” He said. “Don’t forget.”

I went out and hailed a cab.

==

“One hot choco please.” I ordered at small café outside the airport as I waited for the arrival time of the two transferees. It was 12nn and I heard that their flight was delayed for 2 hours.

I heard my phone beeped. It was Chanyeol.

Happy happy birthday, Nana!! Please grow taller!

 

p.s. smile often as well ms. President”

It beeped again. Sunmi texted.

Saengil chukahae!! Sorry if I cant accompany you.. TT they wont let me.”

And it beeped again. It’s Baekhyun this time.

“Nana-ah~ happy happy birthday! Let’s noraebang later!!”

I smiled. I forgot that today is my birthday. It’s the 23rd of September. How could I even forget?

The flight EA037 from mainland China has arrived. The flight EA037 has arrived.

They have arrived.  I quickly went to the arrival area and waved my banner that says, “Welcome, Seoul Arts Unviersity  Luhan and Kyungsoo!”

5 mins.

10 mins.

20 mins.

30 mins.

I have been waiting for half an hour and they haven’t arrived. I was about to dial my phone to call Mr. Shin when someone took hold of my wrist.

“Sorry. We’re late.” A guy with a small baby face said.” I’m Luhan.”

“Kyungsoo.” A guy with round eyes behind Luhan said.

I bowed and gave them their folders. “That’s yours. Everything you need is there already.”

“And you are?” Kyungsoo asked and smiled. “I think it’s rude that you don’t introduce yourself.”

“Sorry.” I smiled. “I’m Lee Nana. We’re on the same class.”

“You’re a student?” Luhan asked, looking amused.

“Yes.” I said. “Uh, I think we should go now? They’re waiting for us.”

“They?” Luhan asked as he took hold of his bags.

“the school and the class.” I said as I watched as Kyungsoo struggle for his own bags. “Do you want me to help you?”

I tried to reach for one of his bags when he took hold of my hand.

“No. I can manage.” He smiled.

And then my heart skipped a beat. Kyungsoo.