Chapter 1

We Were There

First year of High School, 2nd semester

“Nana-sshi!! Wait!!”

I heard my friend, Sunmi, calling out to me from the end of the hallway, half walking and half running. “What? Is there something wrong?”

“I heard there will be transferees tomorrow” She said in between breaths.

“And..?” I asked her to continue. “There are always transferees every term. And now what?”

“Well.. the uhm.. our adviser told me that..” Sunmi fidgeted, struggling for words as if it was hard to speak for a 17 year old girl.

“He told you to tell me that I’ll be the one doing the guide thingy since im the president and the only person whom she can ask favour to.” I smirked. It was always me who does everything since I’m the class president.

“Well.. that’s kind of true.” Sunmi laughed a bit. “but there’s more..”

“Okay. Tell me please cause I really have to go.”

“Well, you have to uhm.. pick them up at the airport since they’re both from China.” Sunmi showed me a peace sign and immediately said goodbye. I watch her run down the hallways and disappear.

“I have to pick them up. Wow.” I scoffed. “Wait.. them? How many are they?”

I went back immediately to our room to see if Sunmi is still there but to my disappointment, she’s nowhere to find.

“Looking for something?”

I turned around to see Chanyeol towering me with his height and Baekhyun right behind him, giving me a smile.

“Someone. I’m looking for someone.” I sighed and leaned on our door. “Hi Chan. Hi Baek.”

“Well if you’re looking for Sunmi, she went home in a flash.” Baekhyun said.

“I know.” I said. “She could have told me every details though.”

“Details about what?” Chanyeol asked.

“Well, those transferees tomorrow from China. I have to pick them up and I don’t even know where and when.”

“Oh. I heard mr. Shin saying that they are two boys from China and Incheon I think?” Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun.

“10am is their arrival time.” Yuri entered the room and went to get her things and left.

“She’s weird.” Baekhyun shrugged.

“Don’t be like that, Baek.” I said. “She’s nice.”

“But weird.” Chanyeol  continued. “Let’s go home guys. It’s getting late.”