Chapter 6

We Were There

It has two weeks since my encounter with Kyungsoo. We weren’t talking at all and Chuseok Saturday is just two days away.

And that hug from Baekhyun.. I don’t know why but after that Baekhyun would not even look me in the eye. I asked him if there’s something wrong and he just smiled and said no- without looking at me. Things are being complicated since the two arrived. I just hate it.

It was lunch break already and students are everywhere. I decided to go to the rooftop instead o get some peace and to collect my thoughts. It was windy at the moment. Good thing I’m wearing underpants. I sat down on the edge of the rooftop, enjoying the view. I thought about Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s late girlfriend. Why is Kyungsoo being like that? What happened with Baek? I don’t know anymore and just let out a sigh.

“You know you migt fall off or something.”

I looked to see Kyungsoo right behind me. I was so surprised that I accidentally moved towards the very edge of to where I am sitting. Luckily, Kyungsoo pulled me down and I felt myself falling towards him. He took my whole weight on him and I ended up being pressed on him. I tried to get up but I ended slipping again that I can feel Kyungsoo’s eyes on me.

“I’m sorry” I pushed him down and stood up. He just scoffed and held out his hand, signalling me to help him up. I pulled him up.

“Do you want to die?” He asked.

“No. Are you crazy?” I blurted out.

“I should be the one asking you that. Who the hell sits right at the edge of a rooftop?” He shouted. “Look if you want to die.. die somewhere else not here. Ride a car and crash it. Dammit!”

“You don’t tell me what I should do and not do!” I shouted back. “You don’t know anything about me. So don’t act like you ing care when you don’t mean it. I’m tired of mind games.”

I walked out. I walked and walked and walked far from where he is. I’m so pissed at him that I didn’t see Baekhyun was right in my way.

“I’m sorry Baek.” I said. “I didn’t see you.”

He just smiled and walked away when I called him again.

“Baek, Is there something wrong? Did I make you mad at me or something?”

“No. It’s nothing.” He smiled.

“Seriously? What is ing wrong with you guys?” I blurted. I cant contain it anymore. “First Kyungsoo and then you. Out of all people Baek, it is you! What did I do wrong?”

“Hey. I’m sorry to make you feel this way. It’s just that..”

“Just what?”

“Last time, it was the first time you cried after that you know..” Baekhyun trailed off. “I didn’t want you to remember but it was the first time you did cry ever since Taehyung..”

“Stop there.” I said as I try to collect my thoughts. Thoughts that I don’t want to remember anymore.

“I’m sorry, Nana.” He looked down. “I just care about you.”

“I know.. I know.” I said as I let out a sigh. “Let’s not talk about this anymore. Thanks Baekhyun for caring about me ever since. Thanks to you and Chanyeol.”

“We’ll always care for you. I’ll always do.” He smiled that angelic smile.

“I-I’ll go now. I have to catch the bus.” I smiled and walked away.

“Nana.” Baekhyun called out. “Just let it out. He doesn’t want you to have a hard time. It has been a year. Let it go. He wouldn’t like seeing you like this.”

He. Who was he a year ago? Would it have been different if he was still here? What happened to me? I took my things on my desk. Before I closed the room, I gave a last glance on the empty chair beside the window. He could have been still sitting there sleeping but not anymore. I left the room and walked home. It would be Chuseok soon. Chuseok.