NINE

Tangled

 

 

 

(Dara)

 

I started doodling on my notebook to avoid sleeping and be sent to the detention room again… CL fetched me awhile ago from jiyong’s house and told her everything about what that dog poop did... she burst out in laughter when I told her that I agreed when he told me about tamtam… and I didn’t get any sympathy from her at all…

 

 

 

When we arrived in school… I saw jiyong but he didn’t even look at me… he turned back to being quiet classmate again… when the class started… he was staring at the window again minding his own world.. I had nothing to be more thankful about that actually.. … after that awkward situation I had with him… I kinda awkwardly pushed him out of the room after the sudden kiss on my head and told him ill prepare for school… that was awkward alright… he was the first guy that I had that kind of skinship except with sanghyun of course..

 

 

I hate skinship… and it depends if Im close to someone who is having skinship with me…  I was actually surprised  didn’t punch jiyong after he caressed my head…

 

 

“Ms. Park?” I whipped my head to Mr. Im who called my name…

 

 

I released my pen slowly… and gave him i-was-listening-and-im-just- copying-notes kind of look…

 

 

He seems like he bought it so he went back to his boring lecture but gave me his warning look before doing so…

 

 

I heard a snicker beside me.. so I whipped my head to jiyong’s direction but he was still facing the window with a straight face… I furrowed my brows and looked at my left…  I seriously heard a snicker…

 

 

I just shrugged my shoulders… maybe one of my classmates who snickered loudly at me…

 

 

*RING*

 

 

I immediately stood up from my seat when I heard the bell…

 

 

Thank God!!!!!

 

 

 

 

~.~.~.~.~.

 

 

 

“hey CL how’s your mom by the way??” I asked… its been awhile since I haven’t visited CL’s mom…

 

 

She sighed and smiled… “she is fine… she didn’t change.. even a bit..” I looked at CL sadly… I hate it when I can’t do anything for her if she has problems… after being together for almost forever it pains me seeing my bestfriend hurt… she already became my other half..

 

 

Our little talk was interrupted when a guy with the same age as us appeared beside our table…

 

 

we are currently in the cafeteria eating lunch…

 

 

“uhm? You need something?” CL asked.. the guy blushed and bowed his head..

 

 

“i—I w-ould just l-l-like to give this to.. d-da-sand-ara ssi…” he offered me a pink envelope with a box of chocolates and a rose…

 

 

“is.. is that for me??” I asked… while glaring at CL who had this look on her face…

 

 

The cute guy nodded and blushed more…

 

 

I reluctantly accepted it while glancing at CL who is already stifling her giggles… “thank you uhm??”

 

 

“k-kevin”

 

 

“uhm… thank you Kevin ssi… its.. its so sweet of you” the guy blushed tremendously … as he bowed and bade his goodbye…

 

 

The latter across me burst out of giggles… “its.. its so sweet of you” CL mimicked me with an extra drama effect…I rolled my eyes… and placed the gift on our table…

 

 

“but the guy was cute… its only your second day in school and you already got admirers??”

 

 

I shot her a proud look while shrugging my shoulders… “what can I do?? I was born to attract guys”

 

 

She laughed and threw me some fries that she is eating… “conceited ”

 

 

I was about to throw some of my fries back at her when my phone rang… I looked at the caller ID and sighed…

 

 

“Cee… ill be back” she nodded knowing exactly who is calling

 

 

Hurriedly, I went to the rest room near the cafeteria and answered my call… “neh oppa??”

 

 

“you up for later??”

 

 

“of course… why??”

 

 

“just asking…”

 

 

“you called me only to ask me that??” a chuckle was heard on the other line…

 

 

“sorry.. we thought your busy with you know….school” suddenly…a fit of laughter came from the background…

 

 

I rolled my eyes… “shut up you s…” I muttered… I knew these guys will make fun of me because im going to school…

 

 

“calm down.. seesh.. and we just miss you baby girl.. its been a month that we haven’t seen you…” I chuckled… even though we are not blood related… I’ve been with them since I was a kid and they became my second family after sanghyun and CL..

 

 

“ewww oppa…  too cheesy… ill be there later… and I also miss you guys… just tell papa YG ill be coming later”

 

 

After our my conversation with seven oppa.. I hung up and went back to where CL is… but I stopped my tracks when all heads in the cafeteria are turned to where CL is, her collar being held by a guy…

 

 

*SLAP*

 

 

Everyone gasped… CL stumbled down while holding her cheek…

 

 

 

(Jiyong)

 

I looked at kikwang who slapped a girl as if it’s the most normal thing to do…

 

 

“hyung..” I looked at seungri who is looking disbelievingly at kikwang.. but his looks turned into a furious one…

 

 

He suddenly stood up confidently and cracked his knuckles.. “hyung stop me..”

 

 

We rolled our eyes at seungri who started walking towards the scene… “what is up with the maknae again??” bom noona asked…

 

 

“lets just wait for him to embarrass himself” top hyung mumbled…

 

 

Midway… seungri stooped his tracks and turned to us.. “aren’t you going to help me??”

 

 

We raised our brow… “you can do that on your own” I encouraged him with a monotone voice…

 

 

“hyung~ come o----“ he stopped when a crashing sound was heard… the gasps became even louder than the first one…

 

 

I look at kikwang who is already laying down on the table that fell down…

 

 

“DID YOU JUST ING SLAP MY BESTFRIEND???” the tiny girl shouted at him…

 

 

She grabbed him by his collar and punched him across the face again… I grimaced..

 

 

“damn….that  hurts” taeyang said…

 

 

“YOU ING BASTARD!!” she shouted again.. kikwang stood up with a groan… and glared at her…

 

 

“YOU !! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?” its like the 7 of us rolled our eyes together..

 

 

“please don’t tell me he’s going to brag about his company on bankrupt… again” minzy said..

 

 

“its probably yoona and the others who told kikwang to slap that new girl” bom noona said… I glanced at yoona’s table and they are looking expectantly at the commotion infront of them…

 

 

“DO I LOOK LIKE I ING CARE??” the tiny girl shouted with her bestfriend beside her is trying to stop her…

 

 

 

(3rd Person)

 

With an irritated sigh jiyong stood up from his place and started his tracks..

 

 

They looked at jiyong who stood up from his seat and went towards the ones who are getting all of the attention inside the cafeteria….

 

 

“where is hyung going?” daesung asked but no one replied… they were also busy predicting to what jiyong will do…

 

 

Before kikwang could prolong their shouting session… jiyong appeared infront of him with a cold expression that is enough to make you In nervousness..

 

 

All of kikwang confidence drained instantly after facing ‘the’ kwon jiyong…. Everyone knew not to mess with kwon jiyong and his friends… with all their power they can do anything .. “leave before ill land the third punch on your face” and with that… the guy scrambled out of where he is standing with out hesitation….

 

 

As if he just did nothing… jiyong started walking away from the 2 girls who are looking at his retreating back..

 

 

 

 

~.~.~.~.~.

 

 

(Dara)

 

Guess what… im here again inside the detention room looking at nothing in particular… it should be that bastard inside here... I didn’t know how he even reasoned this out from our professor…

 

 

I told CL to go ahead… so ill be here alone for the next 30 minutes planning how to murder that bastard who slapped CL..

 

 

He must thank jiyong for giving him a chance to run away… cause im sure detention room won’t just be the place ill end up if that bastard stayed longer infront of me…

 

 

I was about to close my eyes and take a nap when 2 girls went inside… they sat on the next table beside mine and gave me a half smile…

 

 

“your jiyong’s friends right?” I asked… they were a bit taken a back but nodded in reply…

 

 

“yeah… you know jiyong??” the red haired asked and I nodded reluctantly..

 

 

“yeah… im his friend…….. I guess?”

 

 

“really?? I didn’t know jiyong oppa is friendy” the short haired said…

 

 

“are you one of his fangirls?” the red haired asked..

 

 

I shook my head furiously with a scrunched nose…

 

 

“hell ing no… eww… he has fangirls???” I grimaced… his fangirls must have low standards..

 

 

“chincha??? Your actually the first girl who said that!! Thank god there are still girls like you” they looked at me happily… why are they rejoicing??  they should be mad or something because someone doesn’t like their friend??

 

 

“ohh… anyways… I am park bom and this is my sister.. park minzy” bom introduced… I can’t help but to smile at her enthusiasm while talking….

 

 

“hi… im sandara park… but dara would do”

 

 

“omo!! Unnie you’re a park too?? No wonder your pretty like us” minzy said… I giggled at her cuteness…

 

 

“why are you here anyways?? Shouldn’t kikwang be the one here??” bom asked….

 

 

“kikwang?”

 

 

“the one that slapped your friend”

 

 

So that’s the name of that bastard…. “I don’t even know why I am the one here… you why are you here?”

 

 

“oh you know.. Mr. Jang just caught us slapping yoona and her friends.. the one who asked kikwang to slap your friend”

 

 

“…WHAT???!!!!!” why would someone ask to slap CL

 

 

“unnie.. its ok.. we already did your  job… she was just being a again.. they  always do that to newbies so they would be afraid of them with their so called power and wrath…”

 

 

“as if” bom snorted

 

 

“es” I muttered… “is this your first time here??” I asked then they suddenly laughed..

 

 

“are you kidding me??? We are like often here” why are they so happy about it???

 

 

“offenses??”

 

 

“sometimes talking back to professors… but most of the time slapping es around”

 

 

I chuckled… “I guess we are going to click then”

 

 

They giggled… “hell we definitely will”