THREE

Tangled

 

 

(Dara)

 

I blew the hair strands covering my face and went out of the detention room…

 

 

 

Yes everyone, Sandara Park’s first day of school and she was sent to detention because of sleeping in class…

 

 

 

It wasn’t my fault the class was boring… I tried my best not to sleep but the class went on to the topic where---- actually I wasn’t even listening about the lessons..

 

 

 

I swung my backpack on my shoulder and lazily made my steps…

 

 

 

 I guess Im the only one left in school now since its already been hours that we’ve been dismissed…

 

 

 

I should only stay for 30 minutes in the detention room.. but guess what.. I fell asleep again and wasn’t able to notice the time..

 

 

 

I plugged my earphones and turned it to the highest volume…

 

 

 

CL who is supposed to be with me in detention is not here since she had to go ahead.. you know, daughter duties..

 

 

 

Sanghyun also a while ago told me that he will go ahead with an unknown reason… he looked devastated when we talked earlier.. I wonder what was up with him?

 

 

 

While looking at my footsteps.. I suddenly stopped my tracks when I felt a painful sting on my left cheek… wait, not just my cheek.. I think half of my face became numb…

 

 

 

I slowly lift my head and turned to the culprit….

 

 

 

My eyes followed the movement of the bouncing soccer ball beside me…

 

 

“aish!” I stomped my foot in annoyance and punched the ball that was bouncing midair…

 

 

 

“OUCH!” I saw the pink haired dude nursing his chest while holding the soccer ball that I punched..

 

 

was he the one who kicked the ball??

 

 

 

I just glared at him since I dont think he even saw me… I started my tracks again while rubbing my numb face when someone grabbed me by my shoulder…

 

 

 

I was spun around and came face to face with the pink hair dude… he got the earphone off my ears and glared at me..

 

 

 

“where do you think your going?” he asks…

 

 

 

Honestly, I don’t know where I will go… im not in the mood to go home yet… but I also want to stay on my bed the whole night…

 

 

 

I shrugged having no plans talking to him… I got my earphone and plugged it back when he pulled it off again…

 

 

 

“WHAT???”

 

 

 

“ill bring you to the infirmary…” he said while staring at me intently… I stepped backward slightly..

 

 

 

“no need classmate… its nothing” I said… but he grabbed my hand and started dragging me…

 

 

 

“classmate!!!  I said its nothing”  he didn’t listen and just kept tugging my wrist while leading the way..

 

 

 

I groaned and grabbed a fistful of my hair when I realize he has no plans of listening to me…

 

 

 

When we arrived in the infirmary there was no one around.. because the school nurse probably went home because of the time right now…

 

 

 

“the nurse isn’t here… so lets just go… no need to bri—“ I stopped talking when he pushed my to one of the bed..

 

 

“stay there” he said sternly and started moving around the room…

 

 

 

I groaned once more.. does this guy even listen?? i just brought my knees up and hugged my legs while looking around the room…

 

 

I saw my classmate returning with an ice bag in his arms.. he stopped his tracks and rolled his eyes..

 

 

“don’t you really care if someone sees what is underneath your skirt?” he asks throwing me the ice bag which I swiftly caught…

 

 

 

Right… I forgot im wearing a skirt.. but I just shrugged… its only him here.. and he is also the only one beside me in the classroom so I bet he already saw what is underneath my skirt in class a while ago.. based on how I positioned my legs under my desk..

 

 

 

He sat on one of the chairs infront of me and stared at me intently… again…

 

 

 

Slowly, I placed the ice bag on my face and sighed feeling the cold ice hitting my skin..

 

 

 

*glance* then I adverted my gaze.. *glance*  *advert*  *glance*  *advert*

 

 

 

“okay! Will you stop staring at me like that!” I slowly put my knees down… getting conscious with his stares…

 

 

 

“you look lost” he said.. I raised my brow in confusion…

 

 

 

“you look lost… its not like your one of the other girls here” I rolled my eyes..

 

 

 

“should I take that as a compliment?”

 

 

 

He shrugged… but kept his eyes on me.. “your different from the prim and proper, neat, always wear make up kind of girls here in school”

 

 

 

“and how could you say that?”

 

 

 

“messy bun? legs that are positioned every where? Sleeping in class? Seriously?”

 

 

 

I put my hands up in surrender for a second and went back nursing my face.. “fine… im not one of those.. prim and proper whatever girls around here… so I will take that as a compliment then”

 

 

 

“your welcome then”

 

 

 

We were back with an awkward silence.. with him kept staring at me while me looking everywhere but him..

 

 

 

Good thing his phone rang… thank the heavens…

 

 

 

“neh?.... sure… be there…” the he hung up… he stood up from his seat and walked towards me…

 

 

 

“ill bring you home” whats with him giving offers.. seriously??

 

 

 

“no thanks… besides.. I have my own ride home..”

 

 

 

“but I didn’t see any car in the parking lot aside from mine”

 

 

 

“what I meant was my skateboard”

 

 

 

*silence*

 

 

 

I stood up from the bed and chuckled… he doesn’t seem to be used around with girls like me..

 

 

 

“pink haired classmate.. im fine.. and thanks for the offers.. but I think Im not any of your business… so bye”

 

 

 

I went out of the infirmary and plugged my earphones again…

 

 

 

 

(Jiyong)

 

 

I looked at her retreating back… her head bobbing with her messy hair swaying with her movements…

 

 

 

No wonder maknae was talking about her and her friend the whole time during lunch…

 

 

 

She really seem to be different…