FOURTEEN

Tangled

 

 

 

 

(Author)

 

After last night’s movie marathon, five guys were left sprawled on the sleeping mats since they all fell asleep during the movie while the four girls left their lifeless bodies and went to their rooms.

 

 

Jiyong, feeling someone kicking his , woke up. He rubbed his eyes and made his elbow as his support but not long after he’s back was slammed back on the mat because of the unknown foot that was placed on his chest.

 

 

With half lidded eyes, he pushed all the bodies surrounding him and stood up. The four guys just rolled from the push but didn’t even stir from their sleep.

 

 

“where’s dara?” he mumbled while looking around the living room. He went to the kitchen while rubbing his eyes but he still sees no dara.

 

 

He went back to the living room but his eyes darted on the wall clock hanging on the wall.

 

 

10:18 am

 

 

He double checked the clock if he was reading it right. Now, his half lidded eyes became wide as saucer as he ran to were his bag is and ran around the place looking for a bathroom.

 

 

(Jiyong)

 

I stood inside one of the room upstairs. I looked around trying to find dara’s room. I cant just barge inside a random room. What if its bom noona? She will surely curse the living corn out of me since she doesn’t want someone going inside her room when she is sleeping but her sister is an exception of course.

 

 

I knocked on the door but there was no response. I heaved a sigh not knowing why I am spending my time looking for dara when I am already late from visiting my dad.

 

 

I shrugged and just decided to peek from the door. Luckily, it wasn’t locked. The door creaked open since I opened it too slowly. I smiled seeing dara sprawled in different direction on her bed.

 

 

Her feet was on the pillow side as her feet tangles with two other pillows whilst her head was on the other edge of the bed, hanging, while hugging a pillow.

 

 

I tiptoed my way inside and slowly closed the door. When I reached her, I prevented myself not to laugh out loud.

 

 

God! she looks like a kid!

 

 

A cute one.

 

 

I sat on the bed slowly but it dipped because of my weigh. I froze and looked at her movements but she only rolled to my direction, placing her hand on my lap, hugging it.

 

 

I chuckled and pinched her cheeks softly. Catching a glimpse of my watch, I just decided to wake her up.

 

 

“wake up, wake up!” I whispered and purposely brushing my nose on her soft pearly cheek. She scrunched her nose a bit but didn’t wake up.

 

 

I blew some air on her ears softly and felt her shudder. “wake up” I said this time tapping her back slowly.

 

 

“leave me alone” she mumbled as she hugged my lap tighter. i looked at my watch and saw it was already passed eleven.

 

 

Oh well, since im already late there is no point hurrying, I will still be late anyway. Better play with this girl for a while.

 

 

“babe, wake up” I whispered again. She removed her hand while the other remained hugging my lap. She got the pillow she’s hugging and covered her ears together with her face.

 

 

“leave me alone!” she muttered again with a snore.

 

 

“baby wake up” a smirk appeared on my lips. “or ill kiss you” she didn’t respond but continued to snore.

 

 

(Dara)

 

I felt my pillow is being removed from my face and the bed dipped more. I didn’t budge, CL will give up waking me up if I pretend to be dead.

 

 

I opened my mouth slightly and continued to breathe from my mouth. The space between my lips were suddenly occupied by swee---

 

 

“WHAT THE !” I pushed myself away from the culprit causing me to fall from the bed. I stood up immediately and wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

 

 

“JIYONG!! SERIOUSLY??!” he shrugged and gave me a smile.

 

 

“what? I warned you” he stood up and went towards me. I took all the courage not to make him fly off the window. Did he just kiss me? AGAIN!?  

 

 

This .

 

 

He walk passed me and grabbed my scrunchy that was resting on my bedside table. He walked towards me again, stopping behind me. He gathered my messy hair and tied it in a loose bun.

 

 

“there.. better, by the way, ill be leaving” I gave him a look and wiped my palm on my face.

 

 

“you ing woke me up because of that?” I threw him a pillow that was near my reach but he caught it before it landed on his beautiful face. I glared at him and slumped back on my bed, face first.

 

 

“tsk. Here I thought you’re going to miss me” he muttered and lay down on the bed beside me.

 

 

“what are you doing?” I asked, my head tilted to his direction. He too, moved his body facing me and suddenly smiled.

 

 

I narrowed my eyes quizzically. “what does that smile mean?” I accused. He just continued to smile and stretched his arms and rested it infront of him.

 

 

“dara, my back itch, can you scratch it a bit” he requested. I eagerly declined and scrunched my nose.

 

 

“you can obviously reach it you scumbag.” I hissed. Did you have this feeling that early in the morning you are being annoyed by a pink haired and you just want to hang him on the wall? Cause I totally feel that at the moment.

 

 

“no I cant, look” he wriggled his fingers infront of me as he stretch his arms forward. “my fingers are to short and my hands cant reach it either”

 

 

I bit my inner cheeks preventing myself to jump at him and stab him merciless. We had a staring battle at first but I heaved a defeated sigh knowing how stubborn this guy is.

 

 

Grudgingly, I leaned forward and reached for his back but before I could even touch a part of him, he suddenly gave me a quick peck on the lips that made me immobilize. His body rolled off the bed and he quickly ran to the door.

 

 

“that’s my goodbye kiss babe! And don’t miss me that much, ill try to be back early” he rapped those words and reached for the doorknob.

 

 

“YAH!! KWON JIYONG!”

 

 

 

(Jiyong)

 

I fixed myself outside of the room and held the flowers I bought tightly. I was too immersed with dara that I just picked the first flower I saw on the shop and bought it since I was running late.

 

 

I opened the door and saw a lady reading a book with a smile plastered on her lips. I grinned and went inside the room.

 

 

“hey, im sorry im late” I smiled and gave her the flowers while kissing her on the cheeks. She looked at me and smiled back.

 

 

“aigoo.. since when were you not late? I bet its one of your girls again ey” she playfully glared at me while arranging the flowers on the vase. I scratched my nape and smiled sheepishly.

 

 

“she is a girl but she’s not one of the others.” I said proudly. She stopped arranging the flowers and looked at me with wide eyes.

 

 

“omo! Oppa, look at my son! Finally, after praying to all souls I know, he already found his love!” she jumped like a kid while talking at the unconscious guy with different kind of tubes attached to his body.

 

 

I cringe at her choice of words. “umma! I just said she is not one of the others since I don’t her and aren’t you too old to call appa oppa?” she stopped jumping and slapped my shoulder that I held it in pain.

 

 

“umma!” I rubbed the part where she slapped. “watch your words young boy, though I know what you are doing it doesn’t mean I approve to that. I didn’t teach you to be like that!”

 

 

I pouted. “umma..” I mutter not knowing what words to say. She sighed sat down infront of me.

 

 

“just don’t go too far jiyong” I nodded my head and sighed. “anyways, did you have any news about her?” I glanced at the guy beside me, sleeping peacefully.

 

 

He had been in coma for the past 8 years. Unbelievable, I know. Even me and my mother cant believe he is still fighting for those years. For those years, he gave up many times but ended up being revived again. Maybe because he was just waiting for me to finish the only thing he is waiting for.

 

 

I shook my head and looked at him. My mother sighed and patted my back. “its ok jiyong, your father will understand. He knows that your also having a hard time like how he felt when he was still alive”

 

 

Drake Park, my father, but he isn’t really my biological father. He is my mother’s childhood best friend. When my father died, he became my father and my protector. When he was comatose, my mother managed his company as well making my mom the CEO of both the biggest companies in Korea.

 

 

“just don’t lose hope. The world isn’t that big son, you will find her someday” I gave my mother a weak smile. A part of me wanted to find her so bad but the other part of me thinks its better if I won’t find her because there will definitely be a person who will get hurt or if not, me”

 

(Dara)

 

I called teddy oppa and told him I will come early than the usual so here I am leaning on my platinum silver Chrysler ME 412 while waiting for them to arrive in the Arena.

 

 

He told me that I will be racing one of the middle clan’s newbie that probably came from the lower clan. No one can just be a middle clan member and most especially being in the upper clan without passing the lower clan.

 

 

Well, my case was different. YG was the one who found me so I immediately entered the upper clan. At first it was death for me. Being a kid, not to mention being a girl who was unfamiliar with what I entered made it harder that it already is.

 

 

After being brought to the hospital almost everyday whether from the fights or race I had, here I am the only ‘girl’ member of YGEX. Gummy unnie is a member of upper clan but she doesn’t race nor fight. Lets just say, she stands up as our doctor once we need to be brought to the hospital.

 

 

We have our own hospital just beside the YGEX main building. Since what we are doing is illegal, we cant just go to a hospital leaving records with them especially to upper clan members who hide their identities.

 

 

I blew air out of my mouth and removed my Dolce and Gabbana shades from my eyes when a black Audi was already insight.

 

 

(Author)

 

Expensive cars started filling the empty area. The middle clan members went inside the entrance where dara is facing while the upper clan members went inside the entrance behind dara. The lower clan members who are the audience of the race tonight that is about to begin started filling up the bleachers surrounding the area.

 

 

A tall guy went out of the Audi wearing a suit with an amused expression plastered on its pretty face.

 

 

Dara felt a presence beside her so she turned her face to his direction. She saw her Jinu oppa standing beside her with his hands placed on his pockets while staring at the guy before them.

 

 

“he’s name is Kim Heechul, 21 years old and too over confident. He came from the lower clan, obviously, but replaced Xiah Junsu of the middle clan just last week. He is only a newbie but had the guts to request a race with the best racer of the upper clan, you”

 

 

Dara just had this uninterested look on her face like Sandy, who she is right now, always have. She looked at the guy who is cockily standing infront of them while talking to one of his clan’s member.

 

 

“Im not concerned of any of those. What concerns me the most is…. Why the heck is he wearing a suit? We are going on a race here not on prom” the guy beside her just laughed and noticed about his attire too.

 

 

Sean from behind called jinu and gave him a signal that the race is about to start. Jinu gave dara a look and she just nodded as a response. Before they went to the VIP area not far from the bleachers, they gave dara a secret hwaiting with straight expressions and cool postures.

 

 

Dara  chuckled secretly. *sigh* its hard to keep your identity from a crowd especially when you are far from the identity you are showing.

 

 

Heechul, the guy smirked at me while eyeing dara up and down. “who would’ve known that the best the upper clan has is a girl”

 

 

She rolled her eyes but didn’t respond. Dara opened her car and went inside without giving him a second glance.

 

 

She put the engine to life as it roared in the area. The crowd started to cheer and putting their bets. Usually, all of them bets for sandy and only two to three bets on her opponent and today is no difference.

 

 

Heechul did the same and started to move. The two cars started to drift in circles first waiting for the doors to be opened.

 

 

They were both following each other’s lead as their cars left marks caused by the brakes and the speed. When the doors around the area started to open, they stopped and stepped on the brakes as they held on the steering wheel tightly.

 

 

When a sound of a gun surrounded the area indicating the doors are opened, the racers dashed out of the door and started racing on the highways of Seoul.

 

 

Flat screen monitors that surrounded the place and video where the racers are fighting for speed is shown.

 

 

The two cars zigzagged their way from the peaceful drivers roaming the highways. Heechul smirked seeing he is leading the race but not for long, he stepped on his breaks causing him to lean forward from the force.

 

 

He raked his hair seeing the green lights turned red. He looked at the window seeing his opponent’s car beside him.

 

 

Dara slowly looked back and gave him the finger before stepping on the accelerator as the car moved forward even the red lights are still on.

 

 

Many angry drivers pressed on their horns seeing dara’s car mercilessly driving through the place. Dara smirked, not even bothered with the law she broke.

 

 

Whats the use of being an illegal racer if you don’t even know how to be brake a rule?

 

 

The upper clan gave each other a look seeing dara’s car returning to the arena. “do you think she will be pissed?” teddy asked.

 

 

“hell she will, she will blame us for not even sweating from the race” kush replied.

 

 

“why did we even agree with this in the first place? Now we have to suffer” choice37 rubbed his temple dramatically.

 

 

“because no one dares to have a race with her anymore??” they huffed in the corner. That’s exactly the irritating part of being in the upper clan. No one will dare to fight you so it gets boring.

 

 

They silenced as they heard se7en’s phone ringing. “yobo—“

 

 

“oppa, get your ing car now please” dara said in a dangerously sweet voice. She started racing already so she won’t stop until she gets the thrill she wanted.

 

 

“now I have to be the one roaming seoul the whole night! Just because of that easy peasy!” se7en exclaimed. While the others just thanked the heavens because it wasn’t them.

 

 

(Jiyong)

 

I went inside the house with a confuse expression seeing all the lights are off. Where did that woman went again?

 

 

i tiredly slumped on the couch and stretched all the possible bones in my body with a yawn. I blinked and roamed my eyes on the place, thinking.

 

 

Should I wait for her? I nodded my head, answering my own question while fighting my eyes to stay open. Every weekends, im always tired as hell. Its like finishing something that is nearing the deadline but in my case, everyday is my deadline so I cant probably rest.

 

 

My eyes started to close as my breathing started to be even when I suddenly felt a weight from my lap. My eyes shot open and looked at the culprit.

 

 

I look at dara, her head resting on my lap. She fanned herself while panting. “so…. Tired” she uttered between her breathing.

 

 

I got the hair sticking on her sweaty face and sat up straight, totally forgetting my sleep. “where have you been?” I asked. She smiled at me as she finally caught her breath.

 

 

“just had fun with my friends. We raced going here” I raised my brow. I didn’t hear her car enter the gates.

 

 

“you ran?” she shook her head and wiped her forehead. “car” I started blowing air on her face, fanning her.

 

 

“so why are you sweating and panting like that?” im pretty sure her car has AC.

 

 

“they used their cars but I used my skate board but guessed what!! I won!!” she squealed. She removed her head from my lap and sat up, crossing her legs, facing me.

 

 

“did you just arrive?” I nodded

 

 

“were you about to sleep when I arrived?” I shrugged. I totally forgot about that when she arrived.

 

 

“were you waiting for me then?” I gave her a look that she chuckled.

 

 

“why are you the one asking? Shouldn’t I be the one doing that? Our game last night wasn’t finished yet” she sighed exasperatedly why rolling her eyes.

 

 

“that ing game wasn’t finished yet??!!!” her happy mode was now shrunk to zero.

 

 

“we stopped when you ‘rejected’ me” I made this quotation thing with my fingers saying the word ‘rejected’. She smirked and looked at me cutely.

 

 

“aww, baby don’t be like that. You still got chances” I rolled my eyes and swatted her hands that was caressing my cheek but immediately regretting it.

 

 

“lets continue the game!!” I said excitedly. She huffed but nodded as well.

 

 

“so will you be my girlfriend??” she rubbed her temple an grabbed a fistful of her hair.

 

 

“why do you keep insisting that thing?” yeah? Why do I keep insisting that thing? “Well since you are living with me and you’re a girl, wouldn’t it be better like that?”

 

 

“no it wont”

 

 

“yes it will”

 

 

“NO”

 

 

“YES”

 

 

“NO”

 

 

“YE---“

 

 

“FINE!!!” she exclaimed. I brightened and clasped my hands expectantly. “really?”

 

 

“no, but lets have a bet instead” I pouted but listened nonetheless.

 

 

“since you are asking me to be your girlfriend with no feelings, at all. Lets put it this way, you make me fall in love with you while im still living with you as I do the same, it would be fun seeing one of us loosing” she smirked.

 

 

I tapped my chin and looked at her skeptically, sure she isn’t like other girls but she is still a girl that can fall in love with my charms.

 

 

“whats on the line” I asked.

 

 

“I will still think about mine.”

 

 

I nodded slowly and raised my hand infront of her. “fine, deal”

 

 

(Dara)

 

Woah there, woah there. I looked at his hands shocked, I didn’t know he bought it. My supposed to be ‘bet’ was just a joke of mine to escape the game thing but I didn’t expect him to agree with that petty bet.

 

 

I squinted my eyes at him but not long after I shrugged. Oh well, its just a bet anyways, nothing serious and no big deal.

 

 

I got his hand and shook it, agreeing with the deal. “cant wait to see you loosing babe” he said huskily. I smiled teasingly, “I would like to see it happen to you first honey”

 

 

We were just smiling at each other meaningfully while shaking our hands when he suddenly pulled my hand, causing me to lean forward as he took the chance to give me a kiss on the lips.

 

 

He pulled away immediately and I was about to curse at him when he covered my mouth, “that was just the start babe” he smiled and wriggled his brows.

 

 

I think he is really taking this seriously.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: The latest update of my lame mind. 

i hurriedly finished this last night since

i read all your comments. thank you for 

supporting this story!! please comment, subscribe, and upvote!!

kamsahamnida!!