PART 2

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

Sina placed her hands on her waist, staring at the box of books she had to carry to the library. The teacher asked her to take the books in the teacher’s office, and as a librarian she agreed on doing the favor. But no one told her that it would be a box full of books, heavy, and it was impossible for her to carry this heavy box to the library.

She looked around; no one to be seen. Of course, most of the students had gone home. And those who hadn’t were in the room club wing in the other part of this building. The teachers… well, they were having a meeting in the teacher’s office, so she couldn’t ask for help. Sina opened the box and looked at the books. Maybe she could bring ten of them and carry them to the library. And she could come back again. She sighed. That would be too much work to do.

But what she could do? She should have asked for Yoomi and Yoori’s help. They’re already in Teen Top’s practice room right now. She could call them and ask for their help. Sina stared at her phone. On second thought, it would bother them. She couldn’t do it, so she put her phone back on her pocket.

“Do you need help?” someone suddenly called.

Sina turned her head in surprise. Most of students avoid this hallway, and it was a surprise for her that a student (male! Yay!) actually passed.

“Eo! Niel?!” she exclaimed as she turned around.

“Noona!” he gasped at the same time.

Although he didn’t mean it, once he saw Sina, his cheeks flushed red. This suddenly made him nervous around her. He didn’t want to show. He wanted to know her better. But his heart didn’t want to cooperate with him. Especially when he saw Sina’s smiling face, just like right now, his heart would race.

“Uhh… noona… do you need help?” he couldn’t help to stutter.

“A teacher asked me to bring this to the library. But this is too heavy. I couldn’t even lift it. Eottohkae…?”

“Let me carry it for you,” said Niel quickly, which he instantly regretted.  ‘For you’ might be too much to say. Sina might not be happy hearing this.

But Sina looks like she doesn’t mind. “You’ll do it? Oh my God, thank you. But this is really heavy. I’m not kidding.”

“Let me try.”

Niel squatted and grabbed the box. As he stood up with the box, the weigh really is no kidding. But he thought he could manage. He might not look like it, but sometimes Jonghyun took him to the gym. He built some biceps already. He glanced at Sina—who was wearing uncertain look in her face.

“Umm… noona… could you take five books out of the box…? I think, this is… a bit heavier…” he said, just to give some relief to Sina.

Sina giggled. She told Niel to bend down a bit, as she only came up to his shoulder, and took ten books out of the box. She started walking to the library with Niel walked close next to her.

Some minutes passed and no one spoke up. Sina always had a hard time dealing with new people, as she felt awkward around them. On a time like this, she was lost at words, didn’t know what to say or to do. She glanced around, looking for something to talk about. Strange enough, she doesn’t mind walking next to him like this. Even if they walked in complete silence.

Niel was no different. He couldn’t find something he could say. He kept blushing whenever their arms accidentally brushed against each other. He found his hands carrying the box felt more tiring. He couldn’t focus on walking, as his mind was full of things he wanted to say. But he couldn’t let it out, thinking that it might be improper for him to say it. Or the situation would be more awkward. No, he couldn’t deal with it.

“So, how’s your classmates?” Sina asked, finally found something to ask. “Are they kind to you?”

“They’re fine,” Niel answered.

“It’s always hard to be a new student right? But you look like you already know Byunghun? He’s not easy to befriend.”

Niel nodded in agreement. Byunghun was kind of quiet and he didn’t say much. But he was warm young man. He’s trying to be friendly as much as he could. “We’ve met when we’re in elementary school… it’s a good thing we meet again here, noona. I mean, with Byunghun hyung.”

He blushed again, as his sentence could be misinterpreted.

Before they knew it, they arrived in the library. Sina thought it was fun talking with Niel. Once she got the conversation started, they would start talking about other things as well. She just realized that she talked more today. She always relented whenever she’s with the other guys, since they talked a lot (not to mention Changhyun and Jonghyun who dominated the conversation all the time). Sina though that Niel… well, he listened to what she said and responded in a good manner.

As for Niel, when he saw the library sign from a far, he found himself wishing that the hallway would never end. And although his hands were aching, he wouldn’t mind.

Sina asked Niel to put down the box in the library counter. “Jung Hee ya, where is Kim sonsaengnim?” she asked the girl in charge for the library that day.

“Oh, he’s in his office, eonni. Are these the books he requested from the teachers the other day?”

“I think so. I’ll report this to him. You can relax here.” Sina turned to Niel, who didn’t know what to do. “You’re going to the practice room right? Will you wait for me? I’ll go with you, but I need to report this to Kim sonsaengnim. Is that okay?”

Niel thought their ‘walk’ would be awkward again, but he didn’t mind. As he blushed, he nodded. Sina walked fast to the office and disappeared behind the wooden door.

Kim sonsaengnim actually had expected Sina’s report and it didn’t take a long time for her to give him a report. As she opened the door, she found Niel was talking happily with Jung Hee. He gave her a big smile she never saw before. Strange enough, she felt a pang in her heart. As she raised her hand to her chest, she wondered why she felt this way. Maybe something was wrong with her heart or something?

“Oh, noona? Are you done?”

This surprised Sina. “Yep. I’m done. You two seem fine.... Do you know each other?”

Jung Hee laughed. “We’re classmates, eonni.”

Sina could sense a relief in her heart. “Oh, classmates? How’s he in the class?” Her lips curled up, forming a smile.

“He’s already popular with the girls,” Jung Hee replied.

Sina looked at Niel, and punched his arm teasingly. “Aww… mister popular.”

Niel blushed. “Stop it, noona,” he squeaked.

“We need to go to the practice room now. Cap would be mad if we’re late. See you later, Jung Hee.”

They waved and jogged slowly to the practice room. On their way to the practice room, Sina stopped at the vending machine next to the cafeteria and bought a can of juice. She passed it to Niel who was blushing as their hands brushed against each other.

“A present, for helping me. Gomawo,” she said as she smiled.

Niel couldn’t help but blushed.