PART 24

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

“Noona, why did Yoomi noona tell us to come to her house?” Changhyun asked Sina.

“Yoomi noona didn’t tell you, noona?” Niel added.

The four of them, Sina, Niel, Changhyun, and Jonghyun walked side by side in the nearly quiet alleyway to Yoomi’s house. Sina wondered why too. Yoomi called her early this morning, asking her to come to her house that day. She thought it would be girl thing, but then Yoomi mentioned her to bring the boys. Questions started appearing in her head. This must be something important that the boys also needed to know.

Since they lived nearby—and Niel definitely picked her up—they decided to go together.

“This has something to do with Minsoo hyung?” Jonghyun couldn’t stop asking.

“I don’t know. Oh, we’re here.”

 Sina pushed the doorbell button and some minutes later Chanhee opened the door. All of them raised their eyebrows.

“What are you doing in here, hyung?” Changhyun automatically exclaimed. He was always the one who argued with Chanhee, despite being a dongsaeng.

“Where are the others?” Sina walked in to the house, followed by the others.

“Byunghun is in the living room already. As Yuri… oh… there she is.”

They turned and saw Yuri ran towards them. She panted as she stopped in front of the opened door. 

“Why are running?” Sina asked.

“I thought I’m late. Am I? Is everyone here already?”

Chanhee closed the door behind Yuri and directed them to the living room. Byunghun already sat there, playing with his cellphone. Yoomi and Minsoo sat side by side. The ones who just arrived froze in front of the door frame.

“Hyung!? What happen? What are you… whoa! What is this?!” Changhyun exclaimed.

“Hyung?! Why are you here?!” Niel yelled, in the same time with Changhyun.

“You guys make up already? I mean, I’m happy with that, but what…” Yuri said.

“What is happening?” Sina and Jonghyun said in the same time.

Byunghun looked up from his phone and glared at them. “Guys, sit down. We are waiting for you to come to hear what happen,” he said.

They complied and sat around Yoomi and Minsoo. They noticed Yoomi’s fingers were entwined with Minsoo’s. They felt happy about this, but they still wondered how this happened.

Minsoo cleared his throat. “I have been waiting to say this…. I’m working with the police.”

They raised their eyebrows, all of them—except Yoomi. They paused for one second, two second, three second, blinked couple of times. They looked unfocused as they couldn’t comprehend the information they just received. Then Chanhee said:

“Ya, Minsoo. This is no time for joke.”

Minsoo turned at Chanhe in frustration. “I’m not joking, Chanhee….”

“Hyung, do you expect us to believe that? I mean, that is a lame excuse…” Niel added.

Changhyun and Sina wore the same expression, while Jonghyun and Yuri still raised the eyebrows, expecting more explanation about this. The information was not enough to reveal anything. They demanded Minsoo to say more.

“Minsoo’s saying the truth. He’s been working with the police to capture the… umm… you guys were talking about the other day…. Last night…”

Minsoo touched Yoomi’s thigh to stop her. He wanted to be the one to tell the truth to his friends.

“It fits!” suddenly Sina retorted, jumping on her seat. “Do you guys remember that the first attack was in Myeongdong couple of weeks ago? We saw Kim Hyerim and Minsoo in Myeongdong that day. Kim Hyerim was the first victim right? You saved her from the , and the police asking for your help and Hyerim’s help to capture him!”

“Ooh!! So that’s why hyung walked around the shopping district and Myeongdong and Itaewon area! Hyung is trying to look for this guy!” Changhyun added, he also rose from his seat.

Everybody’s eyes turned to Sina and Changhyun, both were detective stories fans and they really enjoyed thing like this. But their loud voice really annoyed the others, and Minsoo—who was about to tell them what happened before Sina cut him and basically explained everything.

“Changhyun ah! We’re thinking about the same thing!”

“We are, noona!!” Both of them high-fived.

Niel looked at Sina in disbelief, his girlfriend could be child-like in instant like this, especially when she’s around Changhyun. This made him jealous a bit.

“Am I right? Am I right?”

“I still couldn’t believe it. I mean… is that real thing?” Byunghun asked.

Chanhee nodded repeatedly. “Things like that only happened in movies.”

All of them talked in the same time, in different opinions. Sina and Changhyun still stood up with their thoughts, while Byunghun and Chanhee believed that it was just his excuse of not telling the truth. Niel and Jonghyun were in between both opinions. Just then, Sina-Changhyun fought with Chanhee-Byunghun. Niel stood up for Sina-Changhyun of course. Although Jonghyun still couldn’t believe it, he stood up Sina-Changhyun too, not for any apparent reason.

“Guys…” Yoomi wailed, begging them to be quiet, but they didn’t listen.

“I’m trying to talk here…” Minsoo mumbled.

Minsoo and Yoomi tried to say something, but their friends’ voices were too loud for them to interrupt.

Yuri had it enough, as it became much noisier for her ears to handle. And it started to piss her off. “GUYS, BE QUIET!!” she screamed.

Startled, all of them paused, stared at Yuri. “Now, could you guys sit down, behave, and listen to Minsoo’s explanation? Like, RIGHT NOW?” she continued, stressing on ‘right now’.

They sat down one by one, as instructed, and Yuri exhaled in satisfaction. She turned to Minsoo and Yoomi—who rounded their eyes at her—and said, “Now, please continue.”

Minsoo cleared his throat once again. “Well, Sina practically explained everything. I did help Kim Hyerim and her sister—who worked in the police department—asked my help to identify the , since I’m the one who saw his face. Since then, I’ve been contacting the police through Hyerim. And that night, Yoomi saw me walking with Hyerim’s sister.

“This is not a joke?” Chanhee asked again.

Yoomi interrupted. “No. I spoke to the police last night. Actually… last night… I almost became the victim. Thankfully Minsoo was there, he saved me.” She turned to Minsoo and gazed at him with tender eyes.

Yuri covered in shock.

“Oh my God, Yoomi! We told you to be careful already!” Sina exclaimed. They shuddered, imagining the scene last night. That must be really scary.

“I couldn’t tell you guys because the police tell me not to say anything about this. To anyone. I couldn’t even tell my parents about this. This is too dangerous and I don’t want you guys to get involved.”

They tear up. They didn’t know Minsoo could be this caring to them. Decided to handle every dangerous matter alone, because he was scared he might get hurt.

“But now that Yoomi is involved… I think you guys should know about this.”

Niel frowned. “So hyung, the reason why you tell us about this… because Yoomi noona is now involved in this?”

“Well… you can say it that way.”

“So it’s not that hyung doesn’t want us to get involved. Hyung doesn’t want Yoomi noona to get involved.”

“Well… that might be… right.”

“HYUNG!!” Jonghyun and Changhyun exclaimed.

Minsoo laughed. “I’m just kidding!! Yes, I don’t want you guys to get involved, but that was second reason. The first is, the police didn’t let me to.” He sighed. “It really broke my heart when Yoomi said she didn’t believe me and I kept lying about the truth.”

Yoomi looked at Minsoo apologetically. “I’m sorry. It’s hard to believe something you saw with your own eyes. Why did Hyerim’s sister hold your arm that night, then?”

“I already said that it was a cover. We’re playing a role. We couldn’t look suspicious, right?”

“But she didn’t have to…”

Yuri cut them off. “Okay, okay. Stop it right there. We don’t want you guys to fight again.”

“Now, what will happen?” Byunghun asked.

“Last night the culprit dropped his knife and we brought the knife to the police station. Thankfully they were able to identify him through the fingerprints. My job is done, or so I think,” Minsoo answered. “Until the police instruct me with something else.”

“He got four stiches for saving me last night. Here.” Yoomi pulled up Minsoo’s straight and showed them the bandage. “Thank God it was just a small wound and it’s not too deep.”

Minsoo smirked in satisfaction. “It was nothing. I did it to help you, baby.”

Yoomi looked back at him with loving gaze. “I’m dead worried last night.”

“It was nothing really.”

The others stared at them uncomfortably. It had been awhile since they saw Yoomi and Minsoo acted lovey-dovey like this.

“Okay, I want to puke,” Chanhee mumbled.