PART 18

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

 

“MINSOO!!” Yuri hissed at Minsoo who were dozing off after a boring mathematics lesson.

He opened his eyes lazily and glanced at Yuri without any interest. “What?” he groaned.

“Where did you go this weekend?”

Minsoo frowned. “What do you mean?”

“Sina and I saw you in Myeongdeong area last weekend. Were you?”

Yuri could see a slight change on Minsoo’s expression, but it wasn’t that noticeable. So she thought she might be imagining it.

“No I don’t,” he answered, then back to his sleeping position.

Yuri tried to tug Minsoo’s shirt to ask more question, but he didn’t budge. Yuri gave up. Sina might be able to extract some information from him later. The problem was how to move Yoomi from Minsoo for a while.

 

 

Sina glanced at Yoomi who was queuing in the canteen cashier and moved her seat next to Minsoo, who was nodding while mumbling a western song. She plucked the earphone from Minsoo’s ear. Minsoo—who was surprised—turned to her with annoyed look. But before he could react, Sina pulled Minsoo closer. 

“Minsoo ya! Did you go to Myeongdeong this weekend?” she whispered.

“What’s wrong with you and Yuri? She asked the same thing…. I didn’t.”

“Then you knew what this is all about. Tell me. Tell me. No need to lie now. We knew it was you. Why were you with a girl?” she barraged him with questions.

If Yuri was easy to give up on things like this, he knew better than Sina would keep bugging him until he spilled the beans.

“Yoomi… saw it too?” Minsoo quietly said.

Sina glanced at Yoomi, who hadn’t notice their action, and looked at Minsoo again. “Do you think she will act like nothing happened if she knew?”

Minsoo paused. He hesitated. If there was someone who would believe him, Sina could be a good choice. He opened his mouth. “I…”

“What are you guys talking about?”

Suddenly Niel was already between them, bending forward. One arm on Minsoo’s shoulder and the other on Sina’s.

Minsoo hesitated again, and moved Niel’s arm from his shoulder, then turned away. “Nothing.”

“Niel, please move away a bit. Wait, Minsoo ya! What are you trying to say?”

“I said, nothing,” he repeated and moved a bit.

Sina grabbed Minsoo’s arm, but Niel’s hand snatched Sina’s hand. He sat between Minsoo and Sina. “Hyung, moved a bit.”

Without a word, he moved. Sina glared at Niel—who looked at her innocently and happily. She kept glancing at Minsoo—who was busy with his music player again—until Yoomi arrived and sat next to him. Casually, Minsoo ruffled Yoomi’s hair.

Sina and Yuri exchanged glances. They didn’t know what to think. Minsoo was acting too damn perfectly okay as if nothing had happened. And he looked like he didn’t care about their questions. Maybe they did really see someone else—who looked like Minsoo? Maybe that guy wasn’t Minsoo at all? Maybe? They looked at each other in desperation. There were too many assumptions, and they couldn’t make any conclusion at all.

What was actually happening here?