PART 17

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

Sina and Yuri were staring behind the display glass. Both of them froze, not knowing what to do. Their expression was like of someone who saw a ghost. Trembling, Sina grabbed Yuri’s arm.

“Eonni, are you seeing what I am seeing??” she said.

“I… I think I do…”

“Oh my God, eonni. What should we do?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know. Would you please stop calling me eonni?”

“Eonni… eonni…. This is… this is… oh my God. I don’t even know what to say. What should we do?!” Sina raised her voice, implying urgency in her tone.

“I don’t know! Stop calling me eonni!” hissed Yuri, getting annoyed with the ‘eonni’ thing.

Sina turned her head to Yuri in horror. “But that! THAT!! Should we say something?”

Yuri shook her head couple of times. “No. No. we don’t know the truth yet. We couldn’t take any conclusion. We don’t want to conclude on things we don’t know right?”

Sina nodded in agreement. “I think so too! Let us ask him on Monday!” she looked outside the shop again. “I just don’t know what to say….”

Yuri looked at what Sina’s seeing. She felt the same. Although they were pretty far from ‘something’ they were looking at, there’s no way they mistaken that someone. Minsoo was walking with a girl—someone they didn’t know.

Since they were inside a shop, Minsoo couldn’t see them, but they could see him as clear as the sky. From their point of view, it wasn’t clear what Minsoo and the girl were doing. But they weren’t look like a couple. They just walked casually, so Sina and Yuri didn’t jump into negative conclusions about Minsoo. But the moment Minsoo placed his hand on the girl’s shoulder, Sina and Yuri opened their mouth in shock. Sina’s hand automatically grabbed Yuri’s arm, making her scream in pain.

“Eonni!”

“What are you guys doing?”

Yoomi’s voice made them jumped in surprise. They quickly turned, trying to make poker face but failed. They were too shock to actually make other expression.

Yoomi frowned. “What happen? You look like seeing a ghost.”

They panicked, but Yuri was able to say, “Sina saw a bug!” in higher tone than she intended.

“A bug? You’re still scared of a bug?”

Sina nodded, trying to as convincing as possible. “Yes!! Yes! There’s a bug over here and it’s so… ewww…” she agreed.

Yuri quickly grabbed Yoomi’s arm and dragged her to a rack of accessories. “So! Have you chosen a gift for Minsoo yet?”

Sina glanced at Minsoo and the girl—who were still across the street—in desperation. Those two! Why don’t they go away?!

“I’m still confused what to give him. A cap or a beanie? There are a lot of varieties there.” Yoomi turned to Sina. “What do you think, Sina?”

This surprised Sina as she wouldn’t think Yoomi would ask her. “Uuh… I think he will receive whatever you give him,” she quickly answered, didn’t have time to think or Yoomi would suspect something was off.

Yoomi squinted. “Hmm… that’s not the answer I want…”

“Recently he’s been using a beanie right?” Sina quickly added. “What do you think? Which one do you like him wearing?”

Yoomi didn’t even need to think to answer. “He looks good in both.”

Sina and Yuri facepalmed. “Then, what is the problem!?” Yuri wailed. They had been wondering around hat shops in the shopping district for more than two hours and Yoomi hadn’t chosen even one perfect gift.

“Just buy both!!”

“Alright… alright… no need to be angry. I will choose a hat! Hmm… what might be the best color?”

Sina and Yuri couldn’t believe their ears. She would spend another two hours to pick the correct color for Minsoo. That day couldn’t be longer than it already was. But it wasn’t that much of a problem for them than what they saw earlier. Both of them could sense insecurity.