PART 3

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

“Hmm…”

Yoomi and Yuri looked at each other with puzzling look. Sina repeated her ‘hmm’ which they lost count since the beginning they’re hiding here. They were pretty much hidden from the boys’ sights in the second floor. They agreed on spying the boys practicing in the gym hall. There was no particular reason for it. They just had nothing to do, and decided to watch Teen Top’s practice.

“Hmm…”

“Sina ya! Stop hmm-ing! What the hell is going on with you?” finally Yoomi said, fed up with Sina’s mumbling.

Sina gave Yoomi irritated look. “I’m thinking.”

“Thinking about?”

“Niel,” she said matter-of-fact-ly.

Yoomi and Yuri looked at each other again, this time with some kind of weird grin in their face. This was some kind of turnover they were waiting for. They had done a lot of things for this week to make Sina realized something about Niel’s feeling, but there was no sign of it. Until today. Today was the day they were waiting for. Finally!!

“Why are you thinking about him?” asked Yuri, suppressing her smile as much as she could.

“I’m just thinking that Niel can be happy-go-round with his friends over there, but whenever I’m around, he’s some kind of awkward and quiet.”

Yoomi and Yuri threw glances at each other. Okay, this was not what they expected. But at least, Sina noticed this as much. This was a good sign already.

“Look over there. See. He’s laughing, talking in high voice, playing around,” Sina continued, pointing at Niel who was playing with Changhyun and Jonghyun while the others were talking.

They watched quietly as Chanhee joined with the dongsaeng line and got scolded by Byunghun. He’s pulling the boys so that they’re back in the formation.

“I wondered if Niel…” said Sina suddenly, making Yoomi and Yuri turned their head to her.

Was it possible that Sina realized Niel’s feeling already? They rounded their eyes as they waited for Sina’s sentence.

“… hated me?”

Yoomi and Yuri almost screamed in frustration. How could this girl be so thick?! They could see it clearly! Who would blush in front of someone he hated?! They held back. Things as important as this should be said by Niel himself. They could only help, or watch—as Niel suffered this girl’s thick-headedness.

“You guys just met like… two weeks ago! How can he hate you?” growled Yoomi.

“Maybe I did something which upset him? Or maybe I said something which offended him? Or maybe he simply hated me?”

“Okay okay. You have to stop right now. Those are your assumptions. No one said anything about someone hating someone right?” interrupted Yuri.

“No one… but there is love in first sight. Why not hate in the first sight?”

“Why don’t you think that Niel might love you then…?” Yoomi saw Yuri’s glare and quickly added, “Well, just saying.”

Sina paused, seemed to think about Yoomi’s sentence. Then, “no way. He’s younger than me. He only thinks of me as his noona. Like Changhyun and Jonghyun.”

If they could strangle their friend right now, Yoomi and Yuri might do it happily at that very moment.

“Sometimes, you’re really thick, Sina,” grumbled Yuri.

Sina pouted. “I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. And stop sulking. You look ugly like that.”

“I’m not. Eonni ya, you’re really evil saying things like that to me.”

Whenever Sina started sulking, she would always call Yuri by eonni, just to make fun of her. 

“If you’re really curious about it, why don’t you ask Niel yourself??” Yuri demanded.

Sina was loss at words. Why didn’t she think about it? But could she? She didn’t know him. Wouldn’t it be weird if she suddenly asked things like that?

There was a faint sound of music from Yoomi’s bag. She quickly searched for it and read Minsoo’s name on her phone screen. Yoomi picked it up while standing.

“Yoomi, eodiya?”

“Minsoo ya! Yeogiyo~!” Yoomi answered, waving her hand to Minsoo who was in the first floor.

Yuri and Sina stood up too, thinking there’s no point of hiding anymore.

Minsoo rounded his eyes seeing his girlfriend. “You’re here? Since when?”

“We’ll go down now,” shouted Yoomi.

The girls collected their things and snacks and walked to the first floor. As they walked closer, Sina could spot happiness being out of Niel. His smile vanished as he looked around, avoiding her eyes. This was not just her imagination. Niel really avoided her.

Changhyun ran to Sina as soon as she stepped down. “Noona, you’ve been watching? Oh, why are you sulking?”

“I’m not sulking,” Sina protested.

“Yes, you are, noona. Those cheeks puff like this,” said Changhyun while pinching Sina’s cheeks.

“Aw! Aw! Aw! Hajima!” Sina pulled back while rubbing her cheeks. “Ya. You, doing things like that to your senior.”

Changhyun laughed. “But you’re really cute when you puff your cheeks like this.” Changhyun tried to imitate Sina’s sulking expression, but he ended up being cuter than Sina.

“Omo! Neomu kwiyeowo!” Sina squealed, trying to pinch Changhyun’s cheeks, but he evaded. “Ya! That is unfair.”

“Give me your kimbab first, noona. And I will let you touch me.”

“You make me sound like a ert,” protested Sina, bringing out a lunch box. She usually brought a box of kimbab for Changhyun. “Here you go.”

Changhyun happily accepted the box and grabbed one kimbab then threw it in his mouth. Happily munching, he said, “omo, noona’s kimbab is the best.”

Sina looked around and found Jonghyun who was busy with his cellphone—taking selca again.

“Jonghyun-ah, iriwa,” she called. “I have kimbab enough for everyone.”

“I have to reject your offer, noona. You know I’m on diet…”

“Stop ranting about your diet and come here already. You’re still growing and you need food to grow healthy,” Sina interrupted.

 “But I…”

“Just come here.”

Whenever Sina used that tone, Jonghyun couldn’t say no. So he walked quietly to them and took one kimbab and put it in his mouth. Like Changhyun, he liked Sina’s kimbab too. If there was something she’s excel on, it was definitely making a delicious kimbab.

“Good boy,” said Sina, putting a smile and pat Jonghyun’s shoulder.

Jonghyun gave a look to Changhyun, who smiled back. He waved to Niel, who was busy talking with Minsoo and Yoomi.

“Niel hyung, come and join us. Sina noona makes some kimbab.”

Sina looked at Niel too, to see how he would respond. They could clearly see Niel hesitating.

“Umm… I think, I’m okay…” he quietly said, not even looking straight at them.

Somehow, this hurt Sina’s feeling. Her chest felt tightened. He really did avoid her.

“Noona, you force me to eat your kimbab. Why wont you do the same to Niel hyung?” protested Jonghyun.

“Well, he doesn’t want to. We shouldn’t force him,” Sina answered, thinking that this wasn’t her problem at all. If Niel wanted to avoid her, fine, she would do the same. No need to push herself to someone who didn’t even care. 

“Guys, this is weekend and I don’t want to go home right now. Let’s go out somewhere,” Chunji spoke up.

“Good idea! Let’s go somewhere!” Jonghyun turned. “What about to the gym?”

Everyone gave a ‘are-you-ing-serious?’ look to Jonghyun. Although Minsoo also liked going to the gym, he wouldn’t want to spend his weekend in the gym. They’re done with their practice too. It would be too tiring if they went to the gym right now.

“Game center! Let’s go to the game center!” Changhyun shouted.

“Ya! Stop shouting!” hissed Yuri, covering her ears.

No one voiced protest, so they agreed on going to the game center and had dinner after that.