PART 1

Will you be my girl? (나랑 사귈래?)

“What do you think of Niel, Sina?” asked Yoomi.

Sina—who was biting her bread—turned her head to Yoomi with a curious look. It was recess time and they were leisurely eating lunch under the shades of tree in the school yard. Teen Top members should be here too, but they were busy with their choreography in the rooftop—which is too hot for the girls to join. So the girls decided to eat in the yard, at least this place is cool and windy.

Yuri also looked up from her lunchbox, waiting for Sina’s answer.

“He’s cute. I think he’s a good boy. Wae?” Sina answered innocently, didn’t understand where this conversation is going.

“Do you see how he looks at you?” Yuri interrupted.

“How does he look at me? How?” Sina repeated.

There’s no way talking with this girl without really saying what they meant. She really is hopeless. Now they sympathized Niel. It would take a lot of time and effort to make this girl understand.

“I think he likes you.”

Sina didn’t respond as they wanted—at least not the way they imagined she would. She was unexpectedly calm, as if it wasn’t a big deal for her.

“How could you say that? We barely knew each other,” she said, munching another bite of her bread.

“If you keep doing like this, you won’t have a boyfriend by the end of your high school.”

Sina scoffs at Yuri. “You’re one to say that, eonni. You’d better focus your energy on distracting Byunghun’s attention to you. He has a hard time moving on from his first love. If you don’t do something, he might have gone to America for that girl.”

Yuri looked at Sina in disbelief. “Oh, why are you suddenly attacking me? This is not about me.”

“Because you started it first,” Sina simply answered.

“Yaaaa…” scolded Yuri.

“Geumanhaeee…” whines Yoomi.

This would be going on for hours if she didn’t stop their argument. Yuri and Sina really enjoyed their times with arguing—whether it’s for joke or being serious. For more than three years hearing them like this, Yoomi still couldn’t get used to it.

***

The rooftop was blazingly hot that day, and there is no one other than Teen Top members. They had the privilege to turn on the music as loud as they wanted, as no one would listen to it. Each member diligently practicing their parts, memorizing their next moves and so on.

Suddenly, Jonghyun stopped moving and turned to Niel—who danced next to him while humming some tunes.

“Do you like Sina noona?” asked Jonghyun, staring at Niel.

Niel, who was practicing his own moves, looked at Jonghyun in confusion. Jonghyun was always like this, saying or doing something so suddenly. “Ehh?”

“So, you really like her??” Minsoo spoke up.

“Ehh??” Niel turned his head to Minsoo, too dumbfounded to say anything.

Their loud voice attracted Chanhee’s attention. “Ya, ya. This is the first time I heard about this. You like Moon Sina? For real?”

“Ehhh??? I… I… ” Niel could feel his cheek reddened as he tried to suppress his feeling. But his racing heart and flushed cheeks were too obvious for him to hide it.

Changhyun suddenly jumped up to Niel’s back, back hugged him. “Wahh hyung, noona is really kind. And I like you. If it’s you, I think it’s okay.”

Niel tried to shake off Changhyun from his back, but he stuck there like a cat to a pillow. “Ya, Changhyun-ah… I don’t say…”

“It will be a bit hard to make her realize your feeling if you don’t anything about it,” Byunghun said, stopped mumbling his rap part.

“Hyung, I don’t say that I like Sina noona…” Niel stuttered.

Changhyun dropped from Niel’s back, grabbing his arms and stared at him. “So, you dislike Sina noona?” he asked, in a tone that people would think that it was the end of the world.

“Aniya!” Niel replied, too fast.

The other members raised their eyebrows at his words. Niel could feel something tickling his palms, he was always like this whenever he felt nervous. And this was the worst.

“It’s not that I dislike her…” he whispered, scared that someone might overhear. 

No one spoke. They simply waited for Niel to continue his sentence—or they’re hoping that he would continue it. Well, seen from his reaction whenever he’s near Sina, it’s pretty clear enough that he liked her. But they didn’t want to assume on things. They preferred Niel to openly say it himself.

Niel looked down. How was he supposed to find words to say it? He barely knew this girl, it would be too weird to say that he fell in love in the first sight. He first saw her in the library, arranging and sorting books. He didn’t even know why, but he thought she’s pretty. Did that make him sound weirder? Which man fall in love with a girl who was simply arranging books in the library?

“I… uhh…. Maybe… I do…” he finally said, his face bright red like a goguma. He nervously scratched his head.

A smirk appeared in Jonghyun’s lips. He locked eyes with Changhyun—who was also smirking. SIna noona is special for them, as she always took care of them. But she’s a bit unshaken and she never showed her feeling. She always put on a smile or poker face. They wanted to see her face changed with another expression.

“Hyung, I will help you. Isnt it right, Jonghyun-ah?”

Jonghyun nodded in agreement. This will be fun.

 

***