Chapter 8

The Boys from the Past

 

After the ceremony, the strange boys said,

“I didn’t see anything strange,” said Luhan. Jongdae and Minseok nodded.

“Me too,”

EXO K kids looked at them,

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Suho asked, full of confusion.

Luhan looked at him,

“We came to the ceremony, not only to see our family. But we thought the...the murderer will appear,”

EXO K kids surprised,

“HEEEH? Really?”

“How do you know who’s the murderer?” Baekhyun asked.

Luhan shrugged,

“I don’t know. That’s why I asked you to help us,”

EXO K kids hit their forehead,

“Ah, jeongmal! Don’t you have a clue? How can you expect us to find your murderer?”

Ya, ya! When we’re being murdered, we couldn’t see their face!” Luhan explained.

Baekhyun looked at him,

“Their? So, your murderer is more than 1?”

Luhan nodded. His hold up index finger and his middle finger

“Mmm. Two people. I’m sure. Two,” he moved his fingers.   

Jongdae touched his chin, thinking,

“But I think we know them hyung...”

“Yes, there’s a feeling...” Minseok agreed.

EXO K kids confused.

“Ah, really! Enough! We come home first, then you explain all to us!” Suho said, he felt his head almost blew up.

Then the strange kids explained, one by one.

“We’re being murdered in the darkness,” Lay said and Luhan nodded.

“That’s why we couldn’t see our murderers,”

“We walked through the path near the storage that afternoon. There’s so dark inside then we saw something there. There’s two people. Then...we died,” Jongdae added.

Mwo? Just it? Just like that?” Baekhyun asked and Jongdae nodded.  

“As long as I remember, when we entered the storage, we died,” he added.

“How? I mean, how did you die?” asked Kai.

Luhan touched his back head,

“I remember someone hit me. Here,”

Tao nodded,

“Yes, when we entered the storage, two people who were there seemed...shock and I felt my head and my neck were really hurt. I think I died immediately because after that, I didn’t remember anything until we came back and met you,”

The eerie feeling came to EXO K kids. Sehun gulped. D.O’s face turned pale.

“So, why you said that they’re familiar to you?” Baekhyun asked. Minseok shook his head,

“I don’t know. I don’t remember. But...hey! I remember something! After being hit, my conscious almost dissapear and I felt that I’ll die quickly. I’m the one who’s being hit the last, my friends already died.  It’s already twilight. It’s about to sunset. Then the light of the sun suddenly entered the storage. I couldn’t see that person’s face but I remember he touched his neck with trembling hands...”

EXO K kids shocked. The strange boys shocked too. Seemingly Minseok didn’t tell them yet.

Aigoo, eally? Do you remember anything else, for the example...did he wore a ring? Or, he had tattoo?” Suho asked quickly.       

All of EXO K kids and the strange boys looked at Minseok. Minseok thought for a second before he shook his head.

“No. After that, I lost my conscious and I...I die,”

EXO K kids sighed,

Aigoo...aigoo,” Chanyeol looked tired.

***

When he walked to the balcony, Suho saw Kris. Kris was so quiet after the ceremony. He didn’t say anything. Suho touched his shoulder from behind,

“Kris,”

Kris turned his head and smiled a little, then he saw the sky again.

Suho stood beside him,

“About YoonA sonsaengnim...” he started to speak but Kris quickly said,

“It’s been a long...long time since I met her. She still so beautiful,”

Suho didn’t know what to say and Kris continued,

“He’s my classmate. Luhan and Minseok classmate too. We’re on the same class,” he smiled once again.

“How about the other boys?” Suho forgot that he even didn’t know about the strange boys except the fact that they’re being murdered.

“Jongdae and Tao were on 1st grade,  Lay at 2nd grade. Luhan, Minseok and I were on 3rd grade,” Kris said.

Suho nodded.

“It’s really a hard time for us, Suho. It’s not easy to see our beloved people, although we miss them so much. But it’s different. We can’t touch them. They can’t see or hear us. I can’t bear it...” Kris closed his eyes.

Suho patted his shoulder,

“Do you remember something about what happened when you died?” he asked and Kris shook his head.

“I don’t remember anything else. My friends already told everything,”

Suho sighed. Kris sighed too and looked at the sky once again.

***

The other strange boys were gathered on the TV room. They were really excited with the programs. Kai and Sehun looked at them, sighed. They want to watch the TV too.

“Whooa...they’re cool! Who’re they?” Lay looked so excited while pointed the TV.

Kai rolled his eyeball.

“It’s Super Junior, don’t you know them?”

Lay shook his head quickly.

“No. We died, remember?”

“When we’re alive, there’s no group like that! I like their dance!” Lay tried to move like Super Junior’s dance. Kai rolled his eyeball once again.

“Oh, whatever,”

Suddenly Tao changed the channel,

Ya!” Lay protested. “Don’t change the channel!”

But Tao didn’t hear him. He pointed the TV,

“Uwaaah, kungfu!” he looked so happy. Sehun sighed and rolled his eyeball like Kai,

“That’s animation, Tao. I don’t want to watch animation now,” he said but Tao shook his head,

“Uwaaah, it’s been a long time since I practiced kungfu! Alright, I’ll practice once again!” he’s so excited and tried to copy the kungfu’s move.

Kai and Sehun shocked,

“Uwaaaah, be careful!!!” they quickly held the vase near them before Tao’s foot touch them. Tao grinned,

“Oh, oh...ooops, sorry,”

***

At 11 pm, Kai and Sehun started to sleep. Suho checked them before he went back to his room. When he came to Baekhyun’s room, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and D.O still woke up and gathered there. They looked at Baekhyun’s notebook.  

“Why are you still awake?” Suho walked to them then he saw what they’re doing.

“Is that...” he asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“Yes. We search the news about them,” 

Chanyeol moved the mouse, read the article while Suho, Baekhyun and D.O sit next to him.

In 1998, six student’s of High School was missing. Their names are Kris (17 years old), Kim Minseok (17 years old), Luhan (17 years old), Lay (16 years old), Kim Jongdae (15 years old) and Tao (15 years old). This case was really famous, especially because they’re from famous school and they’re well known as smart students. They’re famous at school too because all of them are good looking.  

They are missing on April 23, 1998. Some witnesses said that the students had been seen right after the bell school rang. They gathered around and as usual, laughed through the road on their way home. But unfortunately, they’re never reached home.

One of the boys older sister said that his brother will come home with his friends. They’ll have dinner together. She had been waiting during the day, but that boys never come home...Never.

 

“We found another article too. Look, we found the suspect! YoonA sonsaengmin and Yuri sonsaengmin became witnesses. Police asked them too,” Chanyeol said.

“Who are they? Who are the suspect?” Suho asked.

“Here. The strange boys classmates and senior: Onew,Kim  Jonghyun, Key and Choi Minho (18), Lee Taemin (17), then Jongdae and Tao’s classmates, even the boys from other school. The total of the suspects are 15,”

Omomo...” Suho shook his head.

Baekhyun said,

“When I red Jongdae’s diary, I found about,” he looked at his notebook. “Onew, Kim Jonghyun, Key, Choi Minho, and Lee Taemin,”

“Really?!” Suho surprised and Baekhyun nodded. 

“Here, hyung,” D.O took the diary near him. Suho opened the diary  

 

February 23, 1998

Ah, Onew hyung is really cool! He can beat Kris hyung’s score in the test! Kris hyung looked so mad, keke. After the test, all of class 3 will held a friendship match. I hope Luhan hyung will win the match! Kekeke. But Minho hyung is really a great player. Ah, he’ll be a strong rival... Taemin hyung said he will buy us dinner if Kris hyung’s class win. Tao and I bet Kris hyung’s class will win (we have Luhan hyung! kekeke). But Jonghyun hyung and Key hyung said it won’t happen. Aish, jinjja...

 

Suho closed the diary.

“So, this guys became a suspect too?”

Baekhyun nodded.

“Why?” Suho asked.

“Because they’re rival. The strange boys were really popular. They’re smart and good looking. Onew, Kim Jonghyun, Key, Choi Minho and Taemin were popular too. They’re smart and good looking too, so everyone in the school compared them,”

Suho nodded.

“And the other suspect?” he asked.

“There’s five students, Jongdae and Tao’s classmates. Police were suspicious with them because they’re the last student’s who were talked to the strange boys. But police set them free. There’s no proof that they’re the murderer,” Chanyeol said.

“Then the boys from other school were investigated for three days. But the police finally set them too. People were angry with the decision. Because, among the other suspects, they had the most possibility to kill the strange boys,” D.O continued.

Silent. Suho didn’t response.

“Ah...this is tiring and confusing! I don’t know this can be frustrating too!” Chanyeol messed ud his hair, frustrate. D.O looked dizzy too.

Aigoo, my head...my head...” he massage his head.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

I give you another clue! ^^ This clue will help you to find the murderer^^