Chapter 2

Baby Daddy

Hyukjae POV

I woke up to my phone ringing; it felt like I was just up preparing milk for the baby. The last week had been terrible. The baby kept waking up almost every hour each night. I grabbed my phone and ran to the other room, praying the ringtone didn’t wake him up.

I didn’t recognise the number but it could have possibly been Jess trying to contact me.

“Hello?”

“Morning Hyukjae! It’s me Sungmin!” I winced, he was way too energetic for 7 am. Sungmin was Jessica’s best friend all throughout high school and clearly they’d stayed in contact.  Sungmin was the local gossip, he was cute as a bunny but that didn’t mean he was as innocent as one.

“Sungmin, hey, have you heard from Jess?”

“Uh.. what? No, why I haven’t spoken to her..” Sungmin was an appalling liar.

“Okay, Min, tell me what you know about this baby.” I asked, I knew he knew something, he was never the type to call me up to see how I was going.      

“So you picked him up from your mothers, thank God. Ummm, I’m sure Jess would appreciate that. “

“Sungmin,” this had been at the back of my mind during the whole drive up to my mothers, “Who’s the father of the baby?”

“OH, I can help you with that! I know all the men Jess slept with around the birth of the baby!”

“WHAT?! She slept with people while she was pregnant?!... how?”

“Huh? What? No! I meant around the time of conception! I have a list but I’m pretty sure I know who the father is. Jess bragged about him for weeks.”

Christ that bunny was stupid.

“Okay min could you text me the details, you know a name and possibly a phone number? I need to go now, I think the baby’s stirring.”

“Sure Hyukjae, Good luck with the baby.”

I hung up and entered the bedroom. The baby was sound asleep. I moved into the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee; I had a long day ahead of me.

~.~

 

 

 

Text message

From: Sungmin

Hey Hyukjae ^.^

Here’s the list of possible daddies

1.      Park Jaebum  - 934 3746

2.      Bang Yongguk 857  9264

3.       Yong Junhyung 371 7439

4.      Lee Seung-hyun 983 6472

5.      Jung Yonghwa 736 7492

6.       Hwang Kwanghee 742 6483

And finally LEE DONGHAE  he’s the one I was telling you about. I don’t have his number but his address is  xxx,      Gangnam.

I couldn’t believe it, so many men.  I skipped to the bottom. Lee Donghae, why did he sound so familiar? My logic told me to start from the top of the list, the damn bunny could be mistaken. But I was tired, I needed to find the father of this child as soon as possible.  If this Lee Donghae was the father, I’m pretty sure I could figure something out.

The baby woke up, I cleaned him, and we set out to Gangnam. It was too late when I arrived to realise how underdressed I was. I was in black jeans and a plain black shirt. The red bomber jacket stood out as did my red hair. I picked up the baby and crossed the road. The address Min had given me was for a building. It looked like the lower levels were offices while the higher ones were apartments.  I asked for Lee Donghae at reception and they told me to go to level 3.

Level 3 was impeccably furnished. I walked over to couches near the water fountain and waited for anyone to walk out of the many doors.

Not soon after a man in a suit approached me. He had black hair which was styled to the side, he was tall and his lips seemed to be permanently lifted into a smirk.

“Sir, is there any way in which I could help you?”

“Yes, I’m here to see Mr. Lee Donghae”

The man raised an eyebrow in curiosity “ Do you have an appointment?”

“No... I was hoping to catch him during a free moment.  I only need about 10minutes to talk to him”

“Sir, I don’t thin—

He was interrupted by another man, this man too was wearing a suit, his tie was hanging loosely around his neck with the first button undone, his light brown hair was ruffled and I felt like running my figures through his hair, just to know what it feels like.

WHAT EVEN.  Who was this stranger who made me lose the plot.

“Kyuhyun, who’s this?”

He had a deep voice. It was nice and soothing.

“Sir, I was just helping Mr...” he turned to me.

“Lee, my names Lee Hyukjae and I was wondering if I could speak to Lee Donghae? I have a very important matter to discuss with him”

Kyuhyun looked at the man questioningly, he nodded and turned to me. “Well, I have a few moments to spare now, how bout you join me for lunch?”

Confused I questioned “Donghae-shi?” he smiled, sweet lord he was beautiful, and nodded. I looked at Kyuhyun for confirmation and he too nodded.

“Okay, that sounds like a great plan” I replied. I smiled to myself as I picked up the baby’s bag and followed Donghae out of the building.

~.~