Chapter 4

Baby Daddy

Hyukjae’s POV

Donghae drove us to a Chinese restaurant at which his name alone got us a table.

The baby was sleeping in his basket, I really needed to find out what his name was.

“So Hyukjae-shi, how can I help you?” Donghae asked while taking a sip out of his soup.

Flustered I blurted out “ I’m here to give you your baby.” Smooth Hyukjae, smooth.  Fine, i’ll admit it Donghae affected me. His presence unsettled me especially when he gazed at me with his sensual eyes.  

Donghae choked.

Startled I tried to help him but he managed to recover without my help.

“What ? You want to give me a baby? How? Aren’t you a man?” Confused, what did being a man have anything to do with it, I thought about what I’d said.

“Oh. No. You see Donghae-shi this baby here is yours.” I said as I pointed at the basket.

His face hardened “How is this baby mine?” his voice sharpening.

Trying not to flinch I calmly replied, “You slept with my sister and clearly you weren’t careful enough. Somehow I was left with the responsibility of this child but now I think it’s your job to take responsibility.”

No matter how good looking this man was I needed to deal with this. I had a life to get back to and I was becoming dangerously close to becoming attached to this baby.  However there was a part of me that wished Donghae would deny it.

“I couldn’t possibly be the fa-,” he paused, there was a spark of hope within me. “What’s your sisters name?”

“Jessica.” I replied.

“Ahhh Jessica” I watched as recognition dawned on him face.  “The baby’s not mine.”

How could he keep denying it? It was clear as day he recognised Jess and I could practically hear him counting the months back in his mind.

“Donghae-shi you may be mistaken, I think it would be best if we could get some definite answers, perhaps a DNA test?”

He looked pensive, nodded one and motioned for me to continue eating.

                                                                                                                               ~.~