Chapter 6

Baby Daddy

Hyukjae’s POV

Why do I feel disappointed? I should be happy, Donghae pretty much confessed to being the father of Jessica’s baby. He seemed decent, the type to take responsibility. This meant I could return home, to where Siwon was, who I loved.

I should probably call him, he’s probably worried.

I pulled out my phone while Donghae went to pay.

Scrolling down to Siwons name I took a deep breath and waited for him to pick up.

“Heey baby, I miss you so much” I could hear the tv playing in the background.

“Me too, Siwon, I picked up the baby and he is the cutest little thing... but don’t worry, I think I found his father. I’ll be here for a few days just to confirm with some tests.”

“Sounds good Hyukkie, I can’t wait to see you. Love you baby.”

“Love you too Siwon.” I hung up and looked up to see Donghae waiting for me. He looked annoyed.

“Sorry for making you wait, I just had to call someone.”

He shrugged, indifferent he headed to the exit.

I picked up the baby and followed why do I feel like I’ve offended him? Maybe he heard me and was a homophobic? How awkward.

He kept glancing at me as we drove back to his building.

“Donghae-shi, did I offend you?” He remained silent for a moment.

“What makes you think so?” Full of regrets. Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut.

“You stoped smiling.” WHAT?! HYUKJAE. You must be mad.

The car came to a stop. He turned to look at me. I could feel my checks burning up. I probably looked like a strawberry by now.

And then he smiled.

  My eyes widened and I stopped breathing. Was this man trying to kill me?

“Sorry, Hyukjae-shi I just had something on my mind.”

Nodding, I stepped out of the car and went to the back to get the baby. I opened the door to see Donghae already picking up the baby and his bag.

He’s treating the kid like it has already been confirmed that the baby’s his.

I followed him back to the building. He briefly spoke to the receptionist about cancelling a meeting and took me up to the 5th floor. He turned to the first door on the left and knocked on the door.

A woman with short brown hair who looked much like Donghae opened the door.

“Amber! I’m glad you’re home”

Amber opened the door for him and immediately took the baby out of Donghae’s hands.

“Ohh Hae who’s the baby? He’s so cuttee! Did you somehow manage to knock some girl up?”

I coughed, how many women had Donghae slept with?

Amber seemed to only realise I was also there. Curious she glanced from Donghae to me and then back to Donghae, eyebrow raised questioning.

“How rude of me, Hyukjae this is Amber, my sister. Amber this is Hyukjae my... well he’s ...” Donghae trailed of, taking the opportunity I introduced myself.

“Hi, I’m Lee Hyukjae, I only met Donghae this morning but I believe I have something that belongs to him.”

Amber looked confused.

“The baby” I clarified “Donghae knocked my sister up.” I sounded blunt but that was the case and I didn’t want to lie to Amber.

To say Amber looked taken back was an understatement.

“Oh. Ohkay, I see.” She replied calmly.

“You do?” both Donghae and I asked.