Chapter 9

Baby Daddy

Donghae’s POV

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! JACKPOT. Hyukjae’s GHHAY. In my mind I jumped over hurdles in joy and did a little celebration dance.

I noticed he was staring at me, his eyes falling in disappointment and then he bit his lip, eyebrows furrowing.

Crap I hadn’t responded, I was just staring at him. What do I say to him? Me too? No I can’t he thinks I slept with Jessica. WHAT DO I DO?!

Think Lee Donghae, act cool you’ve got this.

“Cool, so I take it no girlfriend, boyfriend perhaps?”

Relief was evident on his face, did he think I would have freaked out because he was gay?

“Yeah” he responded immediately, I felt like a ton of bricks were thrown on me, slowly crushing me.

“Well, kind of, actually not really.”

What is this man trying to say. I didn’t want to start celebrating in case I misunderstood him.

“I live with this guy, Siwon” stab

“ He’s absolutely perfect” stab

“We’ve been together for 3 years” stab, can this get any worse?

“I’m pretty sure I love him” Yes, yes it can.

“But before I left he made it seem like we weren’t exclusive” What? Is this guy crazy?

“He said I was free to see other people” He must be, to allow Hyukjae such freedom

“I don’t think I can be with someone who feels that way” Don’t worry baby I’d never make you feel that way... what am I thinking.

“ So I guess I’m single now but it looks like I’ve been single this whole time” NOT FOR LOONGG!!!

“Woah, that .” I replied.

“So what about you? What do you do? Family? Girlfriend?”

“I don’t think you’ve guessed by now but my Dad’s Lee Soman. As in SMent’s Lee Soman.”

Hyukjae’s eyes widened.  I was waiting for him to jump up and down and fan girl like how everyone reacted when I told them. 

“Cool, so do you work for him?” What is this?! He’s totally fine with this. He didn’t even ask for an autograph.

“No not exactly, I have my own business, have you heard of Lee co.?  Donghwa, my brother, and I started it right after we left University. He’s on ‘family leave’ now so I’m kind of responsible for everything... so much stress.”

Hyukjae looked concerned, or maybe he didn’t and I just wanted him to look concerned.

“ I’m very close with my family, Amber, Donghwa and I live in the same building and mum and dad  live in a house just on the outskirts of Gangnam. We gather for dinner every Thursday, and talk over each other at the table. Donghwa brings his kids and his wife, Yoona. Amber brings Henry and I bring the wine.”

Hyukjae smiled at that, he had the cutest gummy smile, “So no girlfriend?” I was saved from answering because we’d arrived at the shops. We’d managed to learn so much about each other on the small walk.

“Welcome to baby’s are us, how can I help you today?” The man smiled brightly at Hyukjae. HELLO can’t he even see me? Why is there even a man greeting us? ERT.

Hyukjae and I both nodded and I enquired “Do you have any cribs?”

“Right this way” he led us to the back of the store where there were display cribs.

Hyukjae and I spent an hour finding all the necessary items required to raise a baby.

I insisted on paying for everything under the pretence that if the baby was mine, I’d need all these things to raise him anyway. Hyukjae relented but insisted in treating me to ice cream.

I ordered vanilla and he ordered strawberry. I didn’t want this ‘date’ to end but I was running out of things to buy. There were only a certain number of diaper brands you can point out before you sound creepy.  

“Hey Donghae, since it looks like I’ll be staying here for a while, I think I need to buy some clothes. Do you mind if we pop over to the menswear so I can take a look.”

“Sure” I replied. Asssaa! More time with Hyukkiee!

~.~