Chapter 5

Baby Daddy

Donghae’s POV

I secretly stole glances at Hyukjae, he looked tired. I still couldn’t believe he thought I was the father of this child. Impossible.

You ask why? Well I hadn’t slept with a girl since that most unfortunate day back in high school. I would never willingly relive that traumatic experience.  I could see why Hyukjae assumed I could be the father of this baby. I did spend a lot of time with women. I enjoyed their company, but that was all I enjoyed.

Hyukjae looks nothing like his sister, I remember Jessica. She was blonde, petite and not to mention drunk. I met her when Kyuhyun dragged me to meet his online boyfriend some guy called Sungmin more like min he was the loosest bunny I’d ever seen. It was some weird double date but Jessica was already drunk by the time we arrived and her conditioned only worsened as the night progressed.

Kyuhyun easily managed to get into the bunny’s pants and I was left looking after Jessica. She was completely out of it by the time I called her a taxi.  I couldn’t exactly abandon her so I took her home, tucked her in and slept on the couch. Jessica was gone by the time I’d returned from the shower the next morning and I never heard from her again.

“Where are you staying at the moment” , I sound like a stalker, “So I can give you the results for my test.” Damn that was close.

Hyukjae frowned. “Well, no where exactly, I didn’t think I’d have to spend the night here.” He pouted.

How adorable. My natural instincts urged me to ease his distress. “How bout you come live with me.”

“What?” Hyukjae asked, startled.

What?!  Why would I say that?!

“No, what I meant was I know a furnished apartment you can stay in. My sister’s moved in with her boyfriend but she has yet to pack.”

Hyukjae slowly nodded. Then he looked up. “ No, I couldn’t possibly ask for such a favour, better yet afford to live in one of your apartments... I’ll find a motel somewhere near..” he trailed off.

No! That would mean Hyukjae would be separated from me!

I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind and instantly regretted it. “I don’t want my baby living in a motel.”

Did I just admit to be the father of a child just to keep a guy close to me?

“I mean if he is my child that is.” I amended.

Hyukjae stared at me. His eyes narrowing. “Fine, I guess that’s your rights.”

~.~