Chapter 14

Baby Daddy

Hyukjae’s POV

I woke up to my phone ringing, the screen read Siwon. I picked up, not sure about the reason behind the call.

“Hyukkie, guess what?”

“Hey Siwon, what’s happening?”

“I decided to come visit you, I’m on my way now. I’ll be there soon, can you text me your address?”

Confused, I agreed and sent him the address.

~.~

"Wow," Siwon said when he walked into the apartment.

"It is pretty cool, isn't it?" I asked with a grin.

Siwon was the same as always, warm, easygoing and handsome.

 

I showed the baby to him, and he admired him dutifully, watching as I settled him into his baby bouncer.

"I had no idea you were so good with babies," Siwon said.

"I'm not he's training me.”

"You look different," He observed, settling in the corner of the sofa.

"Tired," I agreed ruefully. "Dark circles."

"No, not that way. You look great. Kind of . . . bright-eyed."

I laughed. "Thanks. I can't imagine why, probably because I'm so happy to see you. I've missed you,”

"I missed you, too." He reached out and pulled me closer to him and that sent a thrill of something unfamiliar and not at all pleasant through me.

How was that possible?

Feeling the way I stiffened, Siwon loosened his arms and looked at me quizzically.

"What, not in front of the baby?"

I drew away from him in confusion. "I guess. I . . .I have some stuff to tell you," I said hoarsely.

"Okay." His tone was gently encouraging.

And I told him. I told him about Donghae and how I felt around him. I also told him the worst part, I told him about Donghae being straight and possibly having a fiancé.

"You're not angry?" I asked. "Not jealous?"

"Jealous, maybe," Siwon admitted slowly, as if it surprised him.

"But not angry. And not possessive. Because it comes down to this: I don't want a traditional relationship and I never will. But if you want to explore that with Donghae, you should. You don't need permission, and it's not mine to give.”

“But he’s straight Siwon!”

“Baby, if I know anyone who can turn a straight man gay, it’s you.”

~.~

For the next hour Siwon and I conspired on how to turn Donghae gay.  Siwon suggested all kinds of seduction techniques which ranged from pole dancing to just jumping him the next time I saw him.

This was sooner than later as we heard a knock on the door.

I went to open the door and there stood Donghae smiling. His smile faded when I felt Siwon’s arm curl around my waist.

“Who’s this baby?”

 “Uhh, Siwon, this is Donghae, the possible father of the baby and Donghae this is Siwon, my ...”

“friend” Siwon supplied.

We all walked in and I glanced at Siwon, questioningly.

He winked and mouthed “trust me.”

~.~