Chapter 11

Baby Daddy

Hyukjae’s POV

I stepped out of my bedroom. I’d let my hair to naturally curl and styled it a little so it would stay. I fixed my tie and walked out to where Amber was waiting for me with the baby.

“Don’t you look dashing” I smiled at her, she was wearing a cute blue dress with a matching hairclip in her hair.

“I didn’t think you were the dress type, but it suits you”

She smiled, “I have my moments.”

There was a knock at the door, suddenly I felt really nervous.

Amber went to open the door and in walked two men. In front was a guy in a blue suit who hugged Amber and behind him was Donghae.

He wore a black suit with a white shirt and his hair was styled perfectly up. He looked amazing.

He walked past Amber and up to me, smiling he looked at the baby in my hands. “How’s our baby feeling tonight?”

I looked at him wide-eyed Our baby?! Since WHEN?!

Donghae looked equally startled by his slip up.

He coughed, “the baby” he corrected. “You look good by the way.”

How can he casually throw something in like that? What did he think this was?!

I cleared my throat, “Yeah, you too.”

I turned around pretending to busy myself with the baby’s bags, trying to hide my flushed face.

I turned as I heard Amber call my name.

“Hyukjae meet Henry, my boyfriend. Henry this is Hyukjae.”

I smiled and shook the man’s hand. He had the cutest smile. Nodding at me he weaved his hand around Ambers waist. What a cute couple.

Donghae, the baby and I took his car and Amber and Henry took Henry’s.

It was a very short drive to the Lee house, the house was incredible.

I swear it looked like it was made on a whole block. We parked around the corner and sneaked past the house into the back yard .The garden was the size of a cricket field and the only lights on were the ones decorating every single tree trunk.

Close friends and family my , through the dim lighting I could see that the garden was scattered with heaps of people, all trying to remain silent. Hae, Amber, Henry and I hid behind one of the large oak trees closer to the house.

“They’re home!” someone yelled and immediately everyone went silent. It was so silent that I could hear Donghae breathing next to me. He was awfully close trying to not be seen from the house. I didn’t mind.

The lights in the house lit up and Mr Lee Soman suddenly appeared on the balcony.

“Honey, come out here for a second, it feels amazing”

Not a moment later Mrs Lee joined him and we all took this opportunity to yell out “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

Shock was clear on her face and she began to tear up.

I watched Donghae and Amber leave to go wish their mother.

~.~

Henry and I grabbed some drinks and hung out near the pool. We spoke about our jobs and I found out he played the violin, but just as a hobby. He was telling me about the time he spent in Canada when he suddenly stopped. His face clouding in apprehension. I followed his gaze and looked at a beautiful woman.  She was all legs and clinging onto Donghae.

Maybe he did have a girlfriend...

Curiosity got the better of me so I turned to Henry and asked “Who’s that?”

   ~.~