Loud Silence

Frosted Fire

 

"Sometimes it takes courage just to say silent" Chanyeol stared at Minseok's lonely figure as he carefully sipped the hot americano. Chanyeol can't understand why Minseok was still contemplating to tell Luhan his overwhelming feelings. Over and over again Chanyeol laid facts and hints in the table just to make his hyung confess since he was getting frustrated to the slow development of their lovestory. 

"Why stay silent, hyung?" For Chanyeol curiousity must be fed or else i'll devour everything on his mind. He is always that kind of person, a person whose questions must be replied with a satisfactory answer. 

"Just because" Minseok has never answered his curious junior so vaguely before. Chanyeol knew that there is a deep reason for his hyung's actions or else Minseok would have answered him right away. Minseok was the only person who was patient with his constant questions and deal with it comfortably. Letting just this one slide off, Chanyeol sigh as he stared at the guilty expression appearing on Minseok's facial features. It disappeared quickly. Chanyeol concluded that whatever the reason is, Minseok is burdened with it. 

 

Chanyeol slowly got out of the bed making sure that Baekhyun was still peacefully sleeping. Putting on the robes on his shoulder, Chanyeol exited the room. Unlike how others suddenly stopped investigating, Chanyeol for the first time in his life disobeyed supremos orders and did covert investigation on his own. It was not futile as he learned everything within a few weeks in the library and information brokers in the black market. Chanyeol, though assigned as a front line offense, is a very efficient investigator whose skills are recognized even by the special detective squad SHINEE. Walking fast and silently, Chanyeol reached Minseok's room. He did nothing to hide his presence, he was sure that the young mercenary was expecting him. Pushing open the door, he was greeted by the coldest midnight breeze. 

"Chanyeol-ssi" The cold business voice made him smile. It was Minseok's business only tone. A very familiar tone that made Chanyeol shiver softly. 

"Hyung" Chanyeol occupied the empty study chair after shifting its position to face the cold stares of his senior. "Should I say Good evening or Welcome back?" There was a sharp sarcasm on Chanyeol's voice. He was aware that his actions and knowledge would offset the balanced and organized world of Exoplanet. 

"I believe supremos had ordered to stop sniffing around, yeollie"

"It hurts to talk to Minseok-hyung with Xiumin-hyung present, what should I call you?"

"Enough of that, Chanyeol. Answer my question" Chanyeol winced at the authoritative voice. 

"You should know how I work, hyung?" Minseok sighed. He knew how curiousity gets ahold of Chanyeol but he had underestimated the young boy's deductive prowess. 

"What do you want?"

"The truth and the reason" Chanyeol was determined. He wants to know why their kind and loving Minseok-hyung became the cruel and cold Xiumin. "You regained your memories, right? In Japan" Minseok stared at Chanyeol and sighed. His eyes scanned the room. It was the same as he left. It was the same as he arrived. 

"You have the truth, right?"

"Not the reason, why didn't you say anything, hyung?"

"Minseok is dead"

"He should be but he wasn't. You can't let it go, right? Your love for Luhan-hyung. That's why Xiumin was born" Chanyeol stared at the silent figure of his respected senior. It was eating him. Knowing too much was not that good afterall. "Minseok was captured by the few remaining loyalits of Anti -XO, he was brought to an operating laboratory under anti-XO properties and was tortured physically and mentally before experimented to become a controlled soldier of the newly established organization sasaeng" Chanyeol watched his hyung grimaced as memories of the horrendous events flashed in his mind. "But the experiment was not successful, so a new plan was made. It was to make a clone. For reasons unknown, the organization was aware of your dual cast and made it that they can transfer the other cast but the clone died before the transfer happened. Your other cast was sealed then and you were abandoned, left to rot inside the laboratory" There was the grim line of silence and Chanyeol's fixed gaze. Minseok stared at the playing white curtains. 

"I didn't think I'd wake up"

"But you did, you created Xiumin"

"I did not create him, he was born by his will"

"Why was he born?" Chanyeol saw something flicker in Minseok's eyes. His professional and elite mannerism replaced by the baby habits of the newly added member to their team, Xiumin. 

"I was born along with Minseok and like my frost cast I was also hidden. Maybe that's why we survived."

"Xiumin-hyung?" There was a soft nod. Chanyeol smiled. "Minseok's presence is still weak. He can't stay for a long time. He's still sleeping"

"Do you cohabitate with each other?" Again a nod. 

"I'm more dominant though. Minseok's cast is still weak, he can't force me out."

"Do you hate him?"

"No. There was no need too. The way we were born was never our fault, it was because it was"

"How about Luhan-hyung?" There was a bitter smile. Chanyeol can't decide what emotion was placed on that smile. He can't comprehend the logic behind the bitter and sorrowful smile. He was happy though that the same Minseok hyung was still fine. "Nevermind the question, hyung. It's late, you need to rest" Chanyeol briskly stood up and walked towards the door but was halted when Xiumin called his name. Chanyeol sighed and answered the unvoiced plea. "Don't worry I won't tell the others"

"Thanks" 

"Good night, hyung"

"Don't you find me tiring, hyung?" Chanyeol asked while his eyes concentrating on the video game, Minseok the same. 

"Why would I? You won't be Chanyeol if you don't act like that" Chanyeol groaned as Minseok successfully landed a combo on his virtual character. Minseok cheered. Baekhyun arrived and snickered loudly at Chanyeol's defeat.

"Yah, Baekhyunnie stop laughing! You can't even win against me" Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol making Minseok laugh as Chanyeol cowered. 

"Xiumin!" Luhan's voice made Chanyeol drop the bacon on his fork. Pouting at the waste of food, Chanyeol glanced at Luhan who tackled Xiumin into a tight hug. "You can't escape me!"

"Ya, Lulu, I can't breathe" Xiumin struggled for air as Lulu laughed at the cuteness. The other Exo members except the late Suho chuckled at the sight. As soon as Xiumin was freed he ran towards the empty space next to Sehun. "Sehunnie~" Sehun grinned at the older man who dotes on him like how his Minseok-hyung does. Xiumin hugged the maknae of the group and greeted him good morning. Xiumin was now comfortable with the Exo members and was close to them. Chanyeol and Xiumin exhanged a cheerful high five. Do and Jongin receive a good morning, Kris receive a thumbs up, Baekhyun and Tao received a good morning dance, Chen received an "a-yo", Lay also received a tight hug, it was the usual routine. Luhan pouted as he pulled the unwilling victim into the seat next to him. "Don't wanna eat next to Lulu, he always shove things he did not want in my plate"

"No coffee" Xiumin pouted and sat still on his designated place. The team chuckled. Luhan and Xiumin became a team in less than a month. 

"I'll take coffee then" Chanyeol noted the similarities between Minseok and Xiumin. He pondered to the identity of the other name on the documents he copied secretly from their squad leader. Seokyiu. Suho arrived from the front gate with wounds and tattered clothes. Lay rushed to his side and supported him to the sofa where he was laid. The others crowded next to him except Kris who was watching with a knowing look, Chanyeol who simply sigh and Xiumin who has guilt written on his face. 

"Hello" Chanyeol stared at the boyish cute sunbae greeting him with a warm smile. "I am"

"Kim Minseok, we all know you, sunbaenim" Minseok blushed making Chanyeol chuckled. He glanced at the group behind the famous senior. The groups of elites. "What may I help you with, Minseok-sunbae?"

"Umm" The shorter man shifted his eyes nervously "Can you join us in a team battle?" Chanyeol laughed as he saw Baekhyun glare from the direction of the group.

"Sure. Why me though?" Minseok brightened and smiled happily. Chanyeol concluded it was the smile that made the hard-headed and selfish lover of his agree to such a tiring event as a team battle. 

"Because you'll be an asset to the team" Minseok grinned. "The way you think is marvelous and your cast is strong. I'm a fan, btw" Chanyeol chuckled. 

"Xiumin-hyung?" Xiumin spun his heel at the sound of his name. He was alone since Luhan was busy assisting Kris with the piling paperworks. 

"Chanyeol-ssi, I need to go" Chanyeol nodded. It was unevitable. "Please take care of Luhan"

"As who, are you asking this favor?" There was silence eating the surroundings. Chanyeol knew the answer but he wants confirmation. Xiumin shifted to Minseok then back to Xiumin. They were refusing to answer but Xiumin decided to speak.

"As both"

"Why?" There was silence. It was stronger than before. Chanyeol knew he was pushing his luck but he hoped. He hoped for something he was afraid. It was the only possibility, it was a common fact, but it was cruel. Uncontainted tears fell down on Xiumin's face. 

"Because we love him" It was all that was needed. Chanyeol felt something break inside Xiumin and Minseok's body. He was guilty of it. "We love him too much"

"Then don't go"

"You know that we can't, Chanyeol-ah. Take care of our Lulu, make sure he is safe and well"

"He'll cry again"

"As long as he is alright"

"You are cruel, hyung"

"We know, sorry"

"Can't you just stay?"

"Would you like to change anything in your lifetime hyung?" Chanyeol asked suddenly, it was his usual random question. Minseok raised his pen to his chin and tilted his head to ponder. 

"Well, there are many but I'm afraid that this bliss would disappear if I would so I wont"

"If it'll remain the same?"

"I should have been born in a different way"

"Why so?" Minseok laughed awkwardly restraining something inside of him.

"So that I'll be  maknae?" Chanyeol knew it was not the right answer, he had a hunch. He knew there was something but he pressed no further as Baekhyun arrived with Luhan with fries, burger and cola.

Xiumin watched the chinese stirred in his sleep. He was sleeping peacefully and he felt guilty of the sudden goodbye. Xiumin pulled Minseok to the surface of their conciousness sharing the angelic scene. Minseok smiled at the sleeping man and sat softly on the corners of the bed. He memorized Luhan's features and carved it into his heart. Xiumin also did the same. As if joining into one, Minseok and Xiumin planted a soft kiss on Luhan's forehead. "We love you, Luhan. Goodbye, our one and only love" Chanyeol greeted the shared conciousness of Xiumin and Minseok, he bowed respectfully. 

"I'll wait for your arrival, Primos" Chanyeol stated before Xiumin jumped down from the nearest window and formed the frosted trail he used before. Chanyeol felt the bitter taste of the word in his tongue. Primos, the only heir of the prime supremos. In other words, the prince of Exoplanet. He walked briskly towards his room before being stopped by Kris and Baekhyun. Chanyeol sighed. 

"Our life is for the Exoplanet" Chanyeol grimaced at the answer. Minseok/ Xiumin smiled bitterly. "It's been decided before we are born and it is time"

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: sorry for the shortness, I'll have the long one in the next chapter, I'll have to explain the other details too of course.