Repaired Devastation

Frosted Fire

 

"So you observed" Minseok stated with remorse making Yi xing confused. He couldn't get the reason for the expression on his hyung's face right. Why guilt? He expected Minseok to have an embarassed or flushed face but never guilty. 

"What's wrong, hyung? Why are you so-" Yi xing silently question making Minseok closed his eyes as the chinese healer continued "guilty?"

"Because I did something I shouldn't. I loved and that was wrong"

"I don't get what's wrong with it"

"It's wrong because I'm wavering" Yi xing did not continue to press on Minseok's matters. He knows his precious hyung is suffering inside. "Luhan will be hurt"

 

Yi xing has always been silent. Always observing. Yi xing's watched Luhan looking blankly outside his glass windows where the bustling city of Seoul lay beneath him. He stood there as the boy cries silent tears while making his choice. The team is in tension by itself. They are conflicted. The answers they want lead to a tragic job to choose. Xiumin or Minseok. If they were as logical as they were in the past, the choice would have been obvious. Minseok. The hyung who shared the longest time with them rather than the mysterious mercenary who joined their group weeks ago. But the current Exo is not logical. Yi xing knows exactly why. Xiumin has become a part of their lives, a precious one. It was pure instinct that told them not to choose when they had to. 

"I refuse, Yi xing" Luhan softly muttered as he spun his chair to face the healer leaning on the wall next to the door. Luhan's face was filler with traces of the tears' path. His youthful appearance and cheerful aura has left him. The blank begging doe eyes made Yi xing wince as his heart spew turmoil. "I refuse to believe that they're not one. Xiumin and Minseok is one. They're one!" Luhan convinced himself as he buried his face in his hands sobbing at the cruel fate laid in front of him. "They are one, Yi xing. I tell you. I know they are one."

"You know that is not what the facts states, hyung" Luhan shook softly despite the heavy sorrow weighing inside his heart. The pressure pushing him to give up. Luhan was strong, he always has been. Among Exo, Yi xing always know how Luhan was stonger than the others because of his will and his love.

"I don't care about the facts! The facts stated that Minseok was missing but we found him, didn't we? The facts are not necessarily always what we see!" Yi xing sighed. Luhan was right. They gave up too soon. Why? Yi xing don't know. Maybe because of the urgency? Or maybe because of how the truth was laid? But they gave up too soon like how they blindly believe that Minseok was dead. There was guilt in Yi xing's heart. It was growing fast and steady. The thoughts of how the situation maybe have been change if they exerted more effort before killed a part of him. The overflowing thoughts of maybe and ifs were making him crumble. 

"Why do you think they are one, hyung?" If Yi xing was the logical usual him, he would have taken Luhan's words as something spoken out of grief. As a plead. But Yi xing felt it. Luhan was right. He can't explain it and it's what's killing him too much. Luhan stared at Yi xing with a silent gaze. A gaze that assures Yi xing that Luhan was right, that his words were answers. A gaze that denies all doubts. It was a gaze of a man who wants to save his love. 

"Because they are. There is no other explanation" Luhan was unreasonable but Yi xing was convinced. He knew that more than the command of the squad leaders, Luhan's words weigh more authority. He is willing to risk it all. Yi xing has always been Exo's healer, right? Then mending this broken fate should be his job too.

"I don't get it" Yi xing complained as Minseok smiled at the healer who was pouting while eating his pizza. "Why me?"

"Don't you like it?" Minseok calmly sipped the orange juice as Yi xing shook his head. 

"Not that, I don't like it but I'm just confuse"

"Well, why not you?"

"Because there are many outstanding healers other than me. There is Leeteuk and Ryeowook of Sj and Sooyoung of SNSD. So why me?" Minseok smiled at the unusual loud Yi xing in front of him. The silent healer has always been reserved and meek and never voices his complains loud, well always except when along with Minseok. 

"Maybe because there is something special inside of you and the supremos saw it"

"Like?"

"I don't know. Just that there is"

"That doesn't make sense" Minseok smiled softly as the chinese ruffled his hair in frustration. Minseok placed the empty glass down on the table with the less audible sound as possible. It was Minseok's perfect manners in action. 

"Everything doesn't need to make sense because if it does the world is hopeless" Yi xing stared at the vague answer the smiling hyung gave to him. 

"Yi xing-ge?" Tao stared at the healer who entered the room without a noise. Yi xing offered a smile as he made his way to the table where Baekhyun was drowning himself with books. Tao was helping the light caster turn the whole library upside down in hopes to find other ways to save their precious hyung. Yi xing scanned the towers of bounded written records Baekhyun read and memorized. 

"Found anything useful?" Baekhyun scratched his head as he took the black rimmed glasses placed perfectly on the hook of his nose. Yi xing peered over the book that was on Baekhyun's hand. 

"The headquarter's records are incomplete. There are a lot of inconsistencies. It's like some records are tampered. Not even a list of how the supremos attain his title" Yi xing smiled at Tao who offered them warm coffee before slipping into the empty seat across them. Tao stared at the book with an expression hesitating to ask his question. Yi xing noticed. 

"What's on your mind, Taozi?" Tao bit his lips. He was afraid that his hyung would find his question too dumb to answer which he knew they never would. "It's okay, just ask"

"Well, I still don't get how the eternal flame plays its part" Baekhyun and Yi xing shared gazes as they once again quickly scanned the books as if in a race to search for an answer. How can they let it past? Eternal flame is the symbol of the first supremos. The legend states that it is a flame that powers the whole of exoplanet. Yi xing sighed at the puzzle inside his brain. What does the frost cast and nullifying cast have to do with running the whole of the Exoplanet? What is the eternal flame? How come a supremo must become one with the system that runs Exoplanet? Where did all the supremos go? Yi xing furrowed his brows at the amount of questions popping in his head. There should be one, right? An answer. Yi xing flinched when his phone vibrated. Scowling at the disturbance, he glared at his phone who warned him of the alarm he set himself. The picture of his father and mother greeted him. He froze. How can he be so stupid? He rushed towards his room as if it is the last thing on earth that he must be. He was sure there lies the answer. It is in his prized possession. The book of legends passed down from his family as an heirloom. How can he be so stupid?

"Welcome to SM Institution, Zhang Yi xing-ssi!" Yi xing smiled at the warm welcome from the man who recognize as the same man who helped him during the entrance exam, Kim Minseok. The shorter man has a very adorable pair of cheeks and boyish grin that makes your day bright. "I am you guide, Kim Minseok!" Minseok giggled at his own silliness making Yi xing smile softly at the overexcited senior. "I'll assure you that you'll have the greatest experience so closely follow me" Yi xing let out a silent chuckle at the wink directed his way. The man is simply cute and adorable. 

Yi xing stared at the resting Suho inside the medical ward as ordered by supremos. His injuries from trying to delve deeper into the business of the new organization, sasaengs has reopened causing him great pain. Yi xing eyed the silver necklace placed neatly on the table near his bed and silently took it. 

"Yah, Joonmyeon-ah, be careful, okay?" Yi xing placed his hands atop of Suho's chest healing each and every wound on the body. Yi xing broke the family covenant for the first time. He used his cast during a full moon. Yi xing don't know why but it was forbidden in his family to do so. Yi xing pulled the hood to cover his features as he swiftly went out of the headquarters and headed somewhere. Joonmyeon opened his eyes feeling the warmth Yi xing left and shocked at the recovery of his health. Joonmyeon stood up and watched the full moon lazily hanging on the sky. 

"Yi xing?"

"You're quite close with your family, ne?" Minseok asked while peering over Yi xing phone background. Yi xing nodded. He is proud of his family. Yi xing noted the grim line on Minseok's lips as he stared at the picture. 

"How 'bout you, hyung?" 

"Nah. My father's busy and my mom is well--" Yi xing felt Minseok's heart drop but smiled as soon as the older companion smiled brightly at the sight of Luhan entering the cafeteria "Oh! Ice cream!" Yi xing giggled at the childish antics of his respected sunbae. 

"Yah!" Yi xing turned around at the loud voice calling after him. Minseok greeted him with his hands crossed on his chest. "Should you really be leaving?" 

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask that, hyung?" Minseok frowned. Minseok was standing on the frozen air particles under his feet which soon became small crystals of ice with a snap of his finger. Yi xing stared at the prince of the exoplanet walking calmly with a worried expression plastered on his face. The mischievous personality and the cute childish  persona was under one aura. Yi xing grinned.

"Yi xing-ah, you shouldn't be doing this. The others are worried" Yi xing confirmed it. Despite the fluctuation of personality in the eye's of his hyung, he knew Xiumin and Minseok were originally one. Well, they had to. Because all hope is gone if not. He prayed it too.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" Minseok frowned. He was confuse of the healer's actions. He was worried. He knew that he was cruel to the group but he had to. It was his fate. But he should make sure Yi xing is safe, it's the least he can do to appease the other members' griefs.

"Please understand Yi xing, I need to do this" Yi xing nodded. He knew how Minseok and Xiumin's existence means to the entire exoplanet. He knew it but he can't accept it. There was one thing his father often tells him. 'There is no burden as heavy as the world'. Yi xing know the meaning now. There will never be because there is always a choice. Fate plays her game well, she is wise and tricky. She hides each single clue so close that it almost became unseen. It was always there, wasn't it? The answer. The method. No one just noticed. But Yi xing was always observant. 

"I know, hyung. You need to throw your body to the burning eternal flame and have the cast usurp your own. It works that way. Your mother was one too, right? Like you, she was a double caster. A caster with a nullification over the other. A sacrifice. I know that it is your fate, hyung. I'll let you do it so let me do mine." Minseok silently stared at the healer as his words slowly echoed inside him. Minseok sigh as he nodded to the healer who smiled softly. Yi xing offered one last hug to both Xiumin and Minseok. "There is always a way, hyung. Always" Yi xing whispered before breaking the hug and dashing away from Minseok's sight. 

"Hyung! Retreat already! You'll be overpowered" Yi xing warned the calm man in front of him who was watching the enemies approach them. The team of the alumni's and the other dark horse of the competition has signed a temporary treaty to overthrow the momentum their team was gaining which resulted to them being outnumbered. Minseok watched closely before the enemy fell into a classic trap and struggled inside the net whose strings are imbued with Minseok's cast. Minseok smiled Yi xing victoriously as the enemies forces have been cut down. "There is always a way, Xing-ah. Always" Yi xing sighed at the stubborness of the oldest member of their team. Minseok childishly hopped from their hiding spot and set another classic trap which Yi xing was hoping would work once again or else he'll have to settle down dragging Minseok back to the headquarter's where Sehun was defending effectively. "So much for quick spying on the other team" Yi xing sighed.