Side chapter; Zwei

Frosted Fire

 

Jongin sighed for the umpteenth time the day as he watched his lover maintain his distance away from him. It's been two weeks since Do Kyungsoo started evading him obviously. At first it was subtle like refusing to hold hands but it escalated quickly as the wide eyed auburn headed male refused come within a meter from him. He slumped grumpily at the couch as he drained his mind for reasons of their situation. Jongin glared at the flickering lights of the television as the MC of some annoying dating program reports the symptoms of a breaking relationship. . Jongin could find his fist clenching at the cushion hard at the thought. Has he done something bad? Was Kyungsoo not satisfied? The pessimistic thoughts drowned Jongin leading him to switch the damned appliance off. He stood up leaving a hard kick of the comfortable sofa before teleporting somewhere out of Kyungsoo's sight. Leaving Chen and Sehun shocked at his actions. 

"Hyung, you need to settle this. Fast." Sehun's voice trailed before he stood up and made his way to his room. Jongdae bit his lower lips lost in his own mind. 

For the first time in history, EXO was not complete during dinner. There was no sign of Jongin anywhere which caused an alarm to the whole group. The awkward silence which left the group for months made its visit and the member were dying because of it. Kris glared at Suho who gazed innocently at the chinese leader. He also had no hint whatsoever to the answer of the silent question. Kyungsoo frowned. Is Jongin angry? Is he alright? Where is he? Questions flooded Kyungsoo leaving him in daze. Minseok who can't take the atmosphere voluntered to check the teleporter's room. Lu Han, of course, accompanied him. 

"Is there something wrong with Jongin?" The group almost chorused when Minseok and Luhan returned. The couple silently took their seat and sighed in unison. 

"He's out with cold. He's been working way to hard and he passed out on his bed. Just eat" Luhan announced making Kyungsoo stare at him in panic. Jongin is ill? No way. Why haven't he notice? Kyungsoo stared at the food he made without any appetite. His mind travelled to the welfare of his lover who was on his room. 

"Eat, Kyung. Go after you eat. You'll need energy if you wan't to take care of him." Minseok calmly stated as he ate his portion of food. Kyungsoo listened to the eldest well and he obeyed. 

Jongin can hear the door creaking open despite his stupor. He can imagine the strength caster popping his head inside the room   as he slowly opened the door scanning the space for him. The soft familiar footsteps confirmed his guest. His lover visited him. Jongin had made no effort whatsoever to open his eyes and remained to appear fast asleep. He felt the weight placed on his bed as the petit police sat beside him before a warm hand was placed on his forehead. 

"Jongin, are you alright?" comes the ever so sweet voice which made Jongin feel safe. The comforting presence was enough to wash away all Jongin's fatigue. He just want to cuddle with the huggable body and kiss the boy senseless but he has to restrain himself. Kyungsoo was evading him for no reason and he can't handle a rejection in this situation. "I made you some porridge and brought you some fever medicine" Kyungsoo traced Jongin's face lovingly with his fingers. The teleporter softly shivered at the touch. The older's soft light touches made Jongin's heart race faster, there was that warm sensation eating him. That feeling that you've been purified. Kyungsoo chuckled as he continued to trace and scan Jongin's perfect face. "You're beautiful, Jongin-ah. You can have anyone you want with your face." A frown appeared on the strength caster's face as he imagined the younger being held and owned by other than him. Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist opening his eyes to meet the most beautiful chocolate orbs staring back at him. Jongin's breath hitched as he felt restrains being undone. 

"Why've you been avoiding me, hyung?" Kyungsoo stared at him silently. The teleporter beneath him was fragile as a glass that it pained him to see that weak expression. "Do you not love me anymore, hyung?" Kyungsoo shook his head aggresively. He heard the sound of his heart breaking inside him. It fell apart. Jongin's tears broke him.

"I'm not, Jongin. I love you"

"Why are you avoiding me then? Have I done anything wrong?" Jongin grip was tighter. Kyungsoo winced which made Jongin release him. There was a long pause between them as both refuse to break the gnawing silence. Kyungsoo paled and panicked as Jongin slowly lost his conciousness. The younger was sweating profusely. Kyungsoo checked the teleporter's temperature immediately and hell it was high.

"HYUNG! HYUNG!" Kyungsoo screamed to alert the older members of the group or anyone that can help him. He was crying as he watched the younger lost his conciousness. He frustratedly used his power and stomped the floor making the building walls' crack at the sudden force. Minutes later, the team gathered inside the room.

Sehun glared at Chen after he watch the strength caster sob without pause. The lightning caster shifts on his seat uncomfortably as he felt guilt eating him. He frowned at the maknae.

"This is partially your fault." Sehun blamed making Jongdae frown even more. The older of the two stared at the weak hyung who had his head down as he patiently waited for the doctor. The whole of the EXO members stood silently praying to be spared from the worst. The doctor went out of the door and stared at the group. Kyungsoo jumped immediately from his seat. 

"Is he alright, Doc?"

"Yes, he just need to rest for a few weeks and he is good to go. His body had just been put into some physical stress. Don't worry"  Kyungsoo breathed a sigh of relief at the news and so did the whole of the team. 

"So, where do we stay? The manor is on the verge of collapsing" Kyungsoo smiled apologetically at the team after hearing Baekhyun's words. 

"Stick with me for 24/7 in the range of 5 to 10 cm only." Jongin naughtily announced making the group chuckle and the strength caster blush. The sudden request took the strength caster by surprise. Kyungsoo nodded as he moved closer to the sick bed before sitting next to Jongin. The teleporter smiled satisfied as he s his arms around the older's waist pulling the small body closer to him. He placed his head lazily on his hyung's shoulder to enhale the familiar aroma of Kyungsoo's cologne. 

"We don't need the show" Kris stated coldly with his hands linked with the chinese former-assassin. Jongin rolled his eyes. 

"Like you don't do that more often these days"

"I'm allowed to do what I want. A squad leader's perk" Kris grinned mischievously countering the do-whatever-you-want look he was receiving from the teleporter. He pulled Tao closer to him making the younger whine at the action but let the leader backhug him tightly. 

Kyungsoo blushed as the nurse gave him a wary look. He was cuddling with Jongin who refuse to release his hold on him when the female entered to check the situation. After some checking of temperature, the nurse left after one last look at the couple. The teleporter laughed without restraint at the situation as he whispered on his lover's ear. "I guess I can't do my naughty plans for tonight, huh?" Kyungsoo punched Jongin lightly on his shoulders. The younger whimpered making Kyungsoo stare at him with worry. 

"Did I hit with too much strength? Are you alright?" The smaller male asked before a soft lips silenced him. Jongin grinned victoriously at him. 

"Gotcha, hyung" Kyungsoo smiled at the childish antics of the teleporter before he resumed his cuddling with  the younger. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin's broader body proetctively which made the darker male feel safe and comfortable. With one last peck on the older's cheeks, he mumbled a soft good night before ending the day. 

"So~" The teleported laced his hands with the older's. He pulled the older closer to him before squeezing him from behind. Do Kyungsoo was true to his words and hasn't left Jongin's side for the whole week he's been resting in the hospital. Even the showers. Now they were sitting on the couch of the new room they share of the newly renovated manor. "Why were you avoiding me?" Kyungsoo frowned as he remembered how it became this way. 

"Chen told me that distance is very important in the relationship. That we must not get ourselves be used with physical intimacy or that we'll get fed up"

"You'll get fed up with me?" Jongin released his hug and mocked a hurt expression. Kyungsoo pouted while shaking his head innocently taking Jongin's arms and placing it back to where it was originally holding it in case the younger would dare withdrew his hands again. Kyungsoo loves backhugs. The teleporter chuckled at the action. 

"Of course I said that I won't get fed up but he said maybe you would" Jongin nodded at the statement  which made Kyungsoo's eyes widen. "You would?"

"I would if you wont have my daily dose of Kyungsoo delivered to me. See what happened to me with the lack of it" Jongin mumbled lazily mentally reminding himself to deal with a certain troll later. "So you distanced yourself because you thought I'll get fed up with you?" Kyungsoo nodded innocently. How could this man be so adorable and gullible?

"I was afraid" 

"Don't worry hyung. You're my drug and without you I'm probably sure I'll get withdrawal syndromes that may end my life" Jongin cooed before Kyungsoo faced him for a tight hug. The teleporter watched how childish his hyung can be and grinned to himself. Kyungsoo's cuteness was only his and that's final. Kyunsoo looked up and stared at Jongin pleadingly. The younger smirked at him. "What is it, hyung?" Kyungsoo shyly smiled at the teleporter. 

"Can I have a kiss?" The older asked cutely receiving a smile from the younger who leaned down for a breath-taking kiss.