Sincere Deception

Frosted Fire

 

Tao stared at the young scion of one the oldest aristocaster family that his clan had always been wary of, the Wu family. The cold and powerful aura that exudes from the ten years old boy was something that reminds Tao of the strong herculean heroes he often read. In a same way, Tao was looking at a mirror. Like how Wu Duizhang was, Huang Zitao was an intimidating and sharp seven years old boy with the most reserved demeanor. He was raised that way as the next of the clan leader, his father. What took Tao's full attention was not the strong and overbearing Duizhang but the smiling boy next to him. Kim Minseok was someone who looks a lot younger than Tao surprising him when he was informed of the boy's real age. The young Minseok was someone. even with Tao's disposition, he cannot find any information about and that intrigued him more. Huang family produced the greatest of covert agents and assassins. It was their way of living and Tao was expected to be one too. A cold ruthless killing machine made for the Exoplanet. He really didn't care for he was taught it was the norm, that is until, Minseok words made him think on his own. "When someone kill your father you loathe the killer, doesn't that apply the others too?" 

 

Tao picked the nunchucks that slipped from his hand and wiped the large beads of sweat on his face due to the continuous exercise he was indulged of the moment. The black chinese martial uniform made him look more like the people in his households. Assassin. In truth that was what really Tao was. An assassin. He has been running away from the fact for too long. Gripping his nunchucks tight before releasing a sigh, the dark-eyed chinese carefully placed his weapon over the case where it was originally stored not missing the black card placed on the table near it. He stared at the name and blinked. Zhang Yi xing. He don't know what kind of foolishness his teammate made for his household to consider the healer as a national threat but he knew it has some kind of clue in saving Minseok and Xiumin. If there was one thing that the group really needs to fix, it is their greediness to become heroes. What do you call it anyway? Tao rummaged his hair in frustration as he contemplated carefully of his choices and mentally drew his plan. Why can't the other members share the burden with each other and work together to solve the damn issue? Yeah, why can't you? Tao shook his head. The silence inside his private dojo made it more harder to breathe. Even if he wants to deny it, Tao is still a Huang clan member and the next head. He carries the burden of obeying his familial duty. He just hadn't thought that one day his family would tell him to kill his friend. The room shook slightly almost nonexistent as the chinese punched the hard walls with unparalleled physical strength unheard of him before. Tao winced at the bruise he inflicted on himself and shook his hand as he felt its numbness. This is impossible.

 

"Why do you smile when you know what we do?" Tao stared at Minseok smiling face next to the hovering Duizhang who changed his name to Yifan. The oldest paused to think scanning his mental dictionary for words to perfectly described his answer. The smile reappeared when he seemed to have fixed the grammar. 

"Because I know you are kind and warm" Tao was speechless. No one dared to tell him those words before. People fear and hates his presence. He was the child of the darkness and that he didn't care but the young boy made no deal of it. It was like Tao was some normal boy and that he was not. Tao frowned and walked away leaving the older male gaping at his retreating back. 

 

Kris stared at Tao with his eyebrow raised in an inquiry as he held the younger chinese resignation letter on his hand. The other member looked at him shocked. Tao felt vomitting at the pained and horrified expression on his lovable member's faces, everyone except Kris who held his usual cold composure. Even though the squad leader was monotonic he knew that the older chinese was clenching the letter to tight and was ready to grab him by his shirt. It was Kris patience that restricted him from doing so. Tao knew that the timing was somewhat devastating. Minseok left to have himself killed while Yi xing was missing since last night. 

"I'm not accepting this" Kris words cut Tao's heart in two. In a kinder interpretation it may mean Dont leave even when he has to. Clenching his fist for strength, Tao exhaled loudly slowly putting himself into a trance that he does not want to stay. Kris saw the sudden change in Tao's expression. It was as if the young warm and aegyo filled maknae of the squad M returned to his original cold ruthless and deadly sharp persona before they met at the party when they were ten. Kris can vividly remember the lean figure standing on the corner of the room watching the social gathering with a stiffness and blank gaze that resembles how a hawk searches for a prey. The young Tao was someone feared and infamous even among aristocasters because of his cast which was one of the rarest, time control and because he was Huang Zitao. Minseok told him that he somehow resembles Tao but Kris thought otherwise. Tao was more into the shadows than he is, he once heard the youngest chinese told him that he was darkness himself. 

"You don't need to. The council have already approved. I am a Huang." Tao's warmness was gone but the members could feel his internal struggle. They don't know what kind of power their enemy has casted that the united and envied team of heroes broke easily. Baekhyun bit his lips as he heard the words. How can Tao leave them now? Yi xing is gone. Chanyeol offered him a hug but his usual perky smile erased on his handsome face. "The letter is only a legalization"

"Why are you doing this, Tao-zi?" Luhan tried to wake the warm persona of their adorable maknae that he know was inside the stone hearted Tao they are seeing. It was futile. Tao offered him the coldest smile. Luhan shuddered. 

"I trust I have enough power to use and invoke my right to leave freely by my will. The childish game of being a hero is over. I am sick of it" Tao dodged a powerful blow from Kyungsoo who was soon held by Jongin. Tao glared at the hyung who often cook his meals and buys him lunch. The same hyung that trained him to adapt in team battles when all he knows is how to finish the enemy mercilessly. He felt his heart shivered. Jongin glared the same. Tao whipped back his glare and returned to the cold gaze he was currently wearing afraid that the teleporter would notice the little conscience he has left. Tao made his way to the exit. The servants of the main branch waiting outside and loading his baggage to the vehicle. Kris cleared his throat making Tao halt on his track as the leader stated. "I trust you Zitao." Tao clenched his teeth as he resumed his steps towards the door without another word. But before Tao was entirely out of the manor, he used his cast and left a clue to Kris wondering if the older could solve as easily as Minseok could. Tao halted his cast as he rode inside his family vehicle.

 

"Nice to meet you again" Tao stated with a smile making the senior tilt his head in confusion. He hadn't remember their first encounter. It has been eight years since then and Tao was still haunted by its replays. On the long span of time, Tao learned a lot and changed a lot. He became more warm and proactive. He developed a kind personality which was hidden from his father and the other clan members. But here. In SM institution Tao can be himself. Minseok offered him a bright smile shrugging his confusion taking it as a misheard introduction.Tao was aware of the curious and wary looks thrown his way and his smile immediately vanished. If there was one thing he can't break, it would be those jusdging eyes as if placed on his back and watching each and every movement he make. Tao was shocked when Minseok took his hand and squeezed it tight. 

"Welcome to SM Instituition, Huang Zitao! I'm sure you'll have of fun. Trust me" Minseok took the breatlessness of the situation and lightened it with his kindness Tao thanked him with a small timid smile which the older replied with a boyish and reasurring grin. 

 

The strong scent of camomille filled Tao's nostrils as soon as he entered his house. The chinese palace located at the back mountains of China. The Huang headquarters hidden away from the world. Walking briskly as he could, Tao made his way to the only place in the house where he doesn't feel suffocated at all, his room. As soon as he arrived, he plopped down on his bed and inhaled the clean scent of his sheets. He closed his eyes to rest. He needs that because he wont have a chance for rest for the follwing days to come. 

"What are you really afraid of? Your family or yourself?" Minseok question made Tao wince as he was unusure of the answer himself. The chinese silently stared at his hyung and to the other hyung who possess the cast of the earth doxing off in the corner. "Nevermind the question, Tao. You'll fid your answer someday" Tao smiled bitterly. 

"I just hope so"

 

Yi xing silently observed the men who were searching the whole place for his presence. He made his breathing as soft and undectable as possible as to not raise any attention or sound which may lead to him being caught. Yi xing had anticipated the participation of an aristocastic family in catching him as to silence him of the possible knowledge he may possess but never did he imagine that the shadow-like family of the Huangs would be after him. He was in big trouble. Too big that it may even cause him his own life. Clutching to the tomb on his hand and pulling it close to his chest, Yi xing gulped as he imagined the future of him being caught. The familiar looming figure of their squad's maknae made him flinch when he entered the scene. Yi xing hoped that the family would at least spare the member from all the happening but his hopes were ruined. Slowly sliding from his hiding place, Yi xing softly escaped from his hiding place without anyone noticing. Yi xing knew he couldn't hide for long. Tao was on the search and his time control could practically mean and deadend for him. The least he can do is prepare everything and leave the clues to his teammates and that is him reading the last pages of the tomb. Yi xing swiftly but silently dashed towards his abode for the few hours he's been reported missing, a small cave locked in the forest of the old location of the Citadel somewhere in America. After thirty minutes, Yi xing can hear the cave entrance being forcefully broken down by different casts but he paid no heed as he did the last touches to the rituals. As soon as the men entered Yi xing grabbed the small white crystal and the necklace he got from Suho and pushed it into his pocket. Yi xing met the cold Tao. No words were exchanged. Not a single question was asked. Yi xing knew the possibility of this happening and Tao did what his duty told him to. It was fate. There was nothing more to do. Tao caught Yi xing's victorious smile as he was dragged outside of the cave forcefully. He didn't fight or struggle against the hands of his captor. It would be futile and waste of energy to do so. Tao stood alone inside the cave as all the other men of the Huang family escorted the captive out. Tao coldly observed the cave and its contents before his hands droped to its sides before a smirk was plastered on his face. 

 

"Why aren't everyone afraid?" Tao questioned the team who was taking their break from the training for the upcoming battle. The group of young geniuses exchanged startled looks at each other. 

"Afraid of what?" Jongdae retorted making Tao pout while the others chuckled at his expression. 

"Of me!" 

"I don't see the point" Baekhyun stated as he muched their snack, pizza, making Tao scrunch his face at the mess the light caster was making. He made a disgusted face which everyone as Baekhyun spit some of the pizza he was eating on the floor. 

"I mean I am Huang Zitao"

"Then?" Kyungsoo raised his brow, not really getting the point. 

"That doesn't matter Tao-zi" Minseok smiled sincerely at the anxious chinese maknae. "Youre our Tao. Our Huang Zitao. Where you came from doesn't change that fact" Tao glanced as the others rolled their eyes as if the answer was fairly obvious. Tao smiled at his team grateful for fully accepting him. 

"But you still need to pay for all this" Sehun deadpanned making the team laughed while Tap pouted. 

"Your a mood breaker"

Tao winced everytime Yi xing would let out a scream of pain. It was as if his father was testing his loyalty as he was forced to watch his former team member whipped tormentedly. Tao fought the urge to rescue the healer from the hands of his clan by closing his ears to the soft welps of pain. Tao felt his heart break even with his cold facade. Yet he dared not move a finger to save his friend because of the confident proud smile the healer was giving him. His father ordered his men to put the torture to a halt as he found Yi xing to be a hard headed captive who refuse to talk. 

"You question him for the meantime" With one last sharp look, Huang Zhiren left the prison halls and made his way back to the house followed by the several men serving under him. Tao glanced at his father and nodded softly. He turned his attention to the blood bathed Yi xing in front of him and stood there without doing anything. He was sure that his father or his men were watching them. Tao's cast can be detected by the irregularities in the time frame in the expensive video camera of some sort his father bought to monitor him. Yi xing and Tao's gaze met. Yi xing only smiled the same dimpled innocent smile he offers to the members without saying a single word while Tao felt the world break under his feet. Yi xing's eyes were weak but it was burning with trust and determination. The urgency to help and save their eldest hyung was present. Tao spun his heels and stared directly at the lenses of the camera smiling vehemently. A black haze caught his attention, Jongin's cast. His smile grew wider as he activated his cast taking out the dagger from his pockets and throwing it to the direction of his former member who was frozen by the time control. 

"I trust everything you do, Taozi" 

Jongin stared at the bloody figure of his chinese hyung unconcious and on the dagger on Tao's hand. Jongin stared at the one year older chinese male and asked "Are you satisified?" Tao replied only with a bitter smile as he released another dagger in Jongin's direction with a murderous intent. 

"Sorry that you need to do the rest, Tao" Lay softly said before he was taken out of the cave.