Side chapter; Eine

Frosted Fire

 

Defeat. The word was stuck on Jongdae's mind for the past month. How can he be defeated? He is the troll king, he is not to be trolled. Pranks, witty lies, and mischievous strategies, those words are Jongdae's field. His throne. So why was he sulking at the corner of the common room watching the maknae of both squad play the latest release of FIFA 14 on the Playstation 4? Its because for the past month the maknae of K squad had overpowered the troll king in trolling people. Jongdae must admit to the fact that having Kyungsoo believe that Taemin and Jongin were actually twins separated by birth was actually ingenous. 

"Hyung" Sehun's voice cut Jongdae's thoughts and the lightning caster blinked at the maknae who has his usual poker face on. 

"Yea?"

"You forgot to zip your pants" Flustered at the statement, Jongdae immediately glanced at his pants zipper only to find it closed perfectly. He looked up and found Sehun standing already with a victorious smirk on his face. "Fooled you" How can he fall for such an old trick? Tao rolled his eyes and made his way to the kitchen while Sehun left for his room leaving Jongdae blowing frustrated air out of his cheeks. 

"That damned brat" 

Jongdae stared at the cake with suspicion and then to the maknae who was calmly eating his share of strawberry shortcake. Jongdae was called out by the squad K maknae who has hair dyed in fluffy rainbow saying that there was somekind of urgent mission and he was needed only to find himself inside a pastry shop. 

"So what's the mission?" Jongdae murdered his cake with the fork with his rhythmical poking on the pastry. Sehun grinned at the elder before he took a sipped on the bubble tea. 

"It's a lookout mission" 

"And its somewhere near an amusement park?" Sehun shrugged the question.

"What's wrong with it? Criminals have perky minds" Jongdae sighed as he watched the meritorous people walking past across the shop they are in. Perky. Right. Jongdae rolled his eyes at the maknae who simply smirked his way. As soon as Sehun finished his tea, he briskly stood up and grabbed the lightning caster's arm and dragged him out. 

"What the --"

"The target's on the move" Sehun dragged Jongdae towards the amusement park despite the latter's strong protest to unhand him. 

"So--" Jongdae frowned at the machine slowly rising in height. The rainbow-haired wind caster sitting across him with the usual poker face on. "What are we doing inside the ferris wheel?"

"Gathering info" Sehun deadpanned as his glance made its way to the view behind the glass. 

"Of what?" 

"Of the entire amusement park"

"And losing our target?"

"While not losing our target" Sehun grinned as he fished a gps receiver from his pocket and pointed at the blinking red dot. Jongdae sighed once again. 

"The target Sehun, the target" Jongdae reminded as he tugged the maknae's sleeves. Sehun was playing a shooting game and hit the large teddy bear with a little cheat as the wind gave a slight push to make the stuff toy fall from its place. Jongdae groaned. The cuddly orange care bear which was about half his size had his eyes staring at Jongdae. It is cute and was to the lightning caster's taste. Jongdae was not for cute things but somehow the stuff toy charmed him. Sehun grinned as he forced the large teddy bear on him before resuming their tailing. 

"You cheated, haven't you?" Jongdae grinned as the maknae shrugged and remained stoic. "Thanks" Jongdae smiled at the maknae who returned it with a satisfied smirk. 

 

"W-W-WHA-WHAT TH-THE -- AHHHHHHHHHHH" Jongdae's scream errupted as the roller coaster made its fall making Sehun chuckle. "NUAAAAAHHH" 

"YES HYUNG?" Sehun shouted to gain the attention of the older member who was gripping tight to the railings of the contraption. 

"WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?" Jongdae felt his stomach lurched as the roller coaster decelarated to climb the peak of the ride and he felt acid eating his intestines when the roller coaster stopped readying for the drop off. 

"TAILING THE TARGET" Sehun loudly laughed as the lightning caster cursed loudly at the sudden drop off. Jongdae had a mental breakdown and laughed uncontrollably. Sehun clutched his stomach to soothe the its aching because of the strong burst of laughter. 

"SEEEEHUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN" 

"So did you have fun, hyung?" Sehun abrupt question made Jongdae tilt his head still hugging the teddy bear, he named Baram. He was about to retort when the fireworks started. The dancing colors in the sky took Jongdae's breath and hadn't noticed the hand taking his own. "Was it fun, hyung?" Jongdae nodded immediately, his eyes fixed on the vast sky. 

"By the way" Jongdae whipped his attention to the maknae who was smirking as if he already know the question. "Where's our target?" Sehun snickered as he fished out the same device he produced inside the ferriswheel cable and neared the lightning caster who stared at him confuse. Jongdae opened his mouth in shock as the younger male took a hold of his collar detaching the black tracker stuck beneath its folds. Jongdae furrowed his brows analyzing the situation. Jongdae frowned as his aura darkened "Y-You"

"Yes hyung?" Sehun smiled innocently as he watched the older male shook in anger. The man was just cute. 

"Don't yes hyung me, you little --" Jongdae grabbed the maknae's shirt causing the teddy bear to fall in the ground. Sehun smirked as he took a closer view of the red-faced hyung in front of him. As fast as lightning, Sehun stole a peck on the lightning caster's cheeks surprising the older male. Sehun grinned victoriously as the lightning caster froze on spot  before he detached himself from the hold.  Sehun picked up the teddy bear with a laugh.

"I'll just place this on your room, hyung" Sehun made his way out of the crowd and silently anticipated for the reaction. Slowly counting down till the burst, Sehun was not disappointed when a loud screech of his name echoed on the crowd earning curious looks on the by-passer. Mission Date accomplished. Sehun spun his heels merrily taking the glares thrown on him before he stuck his tongue out childishly. "FOOLED YOU, HYUNG!" Sehun chuckled and dashed his way out of the amusement park as the lightning caster was trailing behind him shouting bloody hell.