Side chapter; Drei

Frosted Fire

 

"You sure he hadn't forget?" Jongin propped his arms to carry his head placed between cutely in his palms. His eyes darted to their squad leader whose expression was hard to read. Kim Joonmyeon has never failed to control his emotions before. He was always found with that gentle and smiling facade and that aroused a sadistic side inside the teleporter. 

"About what?" Joonmyeon was sure that the teleporter was teasing him but knowing his boyfriend well, he was doubting the case to be true. Yi xing has always been the docile and forgetful healer inside the team but is very alert at times. The hidden clue box. Even his confession came as a surprised. The healer forgot the whole reason of their date which he invited Suho to and confessed to him by saying "Ah! I remember! I invited you to say I love you" and that ends the romantic date. Not that Suho was whining about his lover or something. Lay is actually quite a good lover. Attentive, kind, understanding 

"That he belongs to the group and not to the syndicate he was infiltrating" Jongin reevaluated the words that came out from his mouth and damn that was so like Yi xing. 

"You know that won't happen" Joonmyeon was sure of it. Yi xing is loyal to the group since he considers it as his family. His very own. "Yi xing won't do that to the group"

"Right~" Jongin pouted at the calmness of the leader. He leaned his back on the chair rocking it back and forth still irritated that Joonmyeon didn't change his expression. "Maybe he forgot you were his boyfriend" there was a grim pause and Jongin can actually feel murderous aura lurking inside the room. He bit his tongue. That was the switch, huh? "Err. Hyung?"

"Yes?" Joonmyeon's expression was unchanging but his aura was not. Anxiety, Worry and Gloominess was eating the room. 

"I need to go, Kyung is waiting for me" Jongin didn't bother to hear the answer as he disappeared immediately leaving only the trace of smoke on the vicinity. 

Suho tapped his foot against the floor in an impatient rhythm. Jongin's words has not left his mind for the whole day. It's very Yi xing-like to forget something as grand as his relationship status but he won't, would he? Surely, Yi xing would remember. Surely. Kris slipped inside the shared office unnoticed by his co-squad leader. The chinese commandant was amused at how Suho's expression falters every now and then due to worry. The only thing that can do that was matters concerning Yi xing and Kris fully knows well how the healer fared with his mission. He chuckled softly as the memories of Suho's internal struggle to let Yi xing go on an infiltration mission alone appeared on his mind. The korean leader was acting way too cool that day that it almost choke the heck out of him. 

"You know" Kris interrupted the chain of thoughts inside Suho's brain. The water caster jump in surprise at the sudden voice. Kris smirked at the reaction fully satisfied by it. "If you're really that worried, why not let Jongin check him out?"

"I know Yi xing would do well" Joonmyeon shifted his office chair to his right to face the towering chinese whose eyebrows is raised elegantly against him. Suho exhaled a long breath of air. 

"So what's eating you?" 

"Since when did you become a counselor?"

"Since you became an idiotic lovesick leader" Suho frowned at the statement. He can't counter that one since it was true that he'd been out of it since Yi xing started his mission. 

"So?" Kris waited with his head leaning on his right propped at his table. An arrogant and amused smile visible on his handsome features. Suho remained silent knowing fully well that a series of booming laughter and amused statements would be thrown his way if he chose otherwise. "Well, I won't force you, lover boy"

"Shuttup Wufan and mind your Tao business" Kris shrugged at the statement since that signals Suho's breaking nerves. Must be caused of some stress.

Two weeks has passed and not a single letter in sight. Minseok, Tao, and Kyungsoo received letters from Yi xing informing them of his situation. Damn. Even Kris received a letter. Well, maybe not a letter. A report. Kris had the ing report since he is the darn leader of the damned Yi xing. Jongin scooted farther from the pissed caster who spells danger all over it. Kyungsoo eyed him with worry. Chen and Baekhyun arrived just in time. 

"Yes! Xing xing didn't forget to buy some for me" Baekhyun and Chen chorused as they enter the room. Luhan and Minseok who were cuddled together watched at them with a curious look while Chanyeol and Sehun who was trailing behind the two troublemakers shrugged. 

"What did you ask?" Chen questioned his partner earning a shove charm in front of his face. 

"A charm so that my husband won't be so creepy"

"HEY!" Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun by his waist receiving a merry chuckle from the petite male. Chen rolled his eyes at the display of affection. Baekhyun stuck his tongue out to the troll machine and asked "What bout yours?"

"A charm too" Chen happily announced clutching the charm tightly on his hands. 

"For?"

"Keeping bad dreams away"

"Bad dreams, like?"

"Annoying, Immature, and so so so so uncute dongsaeng" Sehun grabbed the charm away from Chen who was flailing as he was explaining. Chen glared at the maknae who was hovering in front of him. The lightning caster wanted to erase that smirk out of his face. 

"Give that back. That cause a dime!" Sehun flicked the charm out of the window with his wind cast and leaned near Chen's ear as he whisper "You won't need that since that won't work anyways" The troll king pouted as he pushed the maknae away from him. 

"Why won't it work? Xing-hyung said it will" 

"Because your problem is not the bad dream" Chen glared at Sehun knowing fully well the next lines that would come out of his mouth and it is a fact he dreaded so much. "Your problem is that you fell for me. Hard" Sehun sent a flirtatious wink making the lightning caster blush in both anger and embarrassment. The team inside the room chuckled and congratulated Sehun for his courage. Chen stomped the maknae's foot and ran out of the room screaming incoherent words which was replied by "I LOVE YOU TOO, HYUNG" by the maknae. 

Despite the merry atmosphere, Suho stared at the events blankly. Still sulking about the lack of letters and gifts sent to him. He stood up moments later after Chen left the room. Not before drenching the amused Sehun and the lovey dovey Baekyeol with his cast. Sehun glared at his squad leader and so did the couple. 

"What's wrong with him?" The three chorused. 

Yi xing arrived at the manor fully exhausted from the mission which he completed successfully. He slumped on his bed which smells so much like Suho's cologne. With his fatigue, he hadn't realized that the shower was running and that there was someone in the room. Suho walked inside the bedroom shocked to see the healer peacefully sleeping in the bed. 

"Xing, hey!" Yi xing was greeted by the dripping wet squad K leader which made him gulped down his own saliva. Damn. y and Joonmyeon should not work together. Just Damn. 

"Yes?"

"You remember that this isn't your room. right?" Though Suho was smiling and calm, Yi xing knows that he was somewhat annoyed and was brooding over something. He hadn't been secretly in love for almost ten years for nothing. 

"Yes, I do"

"So?" Suho nodded and dried his hair with the towel hanging on his shoulders. Yi xing heavied a breath at the sight. "Why you here?" 

"Why are you angry?" Suho halted for a moment before he walked the room full of his clothes to get himself dressed. Yi xing, who was wanting to see more, followed him inside the cabinet-room which was very messy. "You need to clean up, Myeon"

"I will"

"So, why are you angry?" The healer blocked the door refusing to let the water caster out until he received some answers. 

"I am not so move" Suho glared at Yixing who refused to budge from the door. 

"You are. Now tell me" Suho sighed. 

"I-, Nevermind. Just move. We'll talk about this later"

"No. I won't move unless you tell me. Why are you so angry?"

"Fine. I'll sleep here tonight" Yi xing sighed at the stubborn-headed leader that the whole of the world sees as the gentle and amicable mature squad K leader. Yi xing knows fully well how that isn't the case. Joonmyeon is a mixture of what the world sees him and how Yi xing sees him. A childish, stubborn, easily annoyed, sulking, and cute man who is currently curled in a ball inside his own cabinet. 

"Myeonie~ Why are you angry?" Yi xing approached slowly cooing the sulking lover. Joonmyeon pouted at the efficiency of the voice. Yi xing had him under a spell. 

"That's unfair" Joonmyeon frowned making Yi xing smile. Yi xing embraced the body of his boyfriend who returned the hug. They both loved each other's warmth. "You didn't send letters to me like you did to everyone else and and and"

"And?"

"no gifts"

"And?"

"Jongin said you forgot me"

"Of course that's not true"

"But, you forget everything"

"Not you though"

"Why?"

"Because I love you" Joonmyeon smiled regaining his usual composure. He detached himself away from Yi xing's embrace and pulled the healer in to a kiss. 

"Good. Because if you forget I'll have to teach you again" The chinese smiled at the statement. Its good to have Joonmyeon's spirit back to normal. 

"Shall we sleep now?" Joonmyeon carried Yi xing bridal style and dropped him playfully on their soft bed. Yi xing laughed at the classic antic. "That's so old and cheesy"

"Kyungie, Jongin said he saw someone that made his heartbeat faster" Kyungsoo's eyes widened abnormally in surprise. Yi xing would never lie to him. Was Jongin cheating on him?

"Really?" Yi xing nodded cheerfuly. 

"He said he was really cute and sings really good. He is also strong and really really really good at cooking. And, and, and that he won't ever let him go once he sees him again" Jongin entered the room at the right time only to catch a flying laddle thrown his way. Kyungsoo was having a fit and Yi xing made his way calmly out of the room after tapping Jongin's shoulder saying "Payback". Yi xing laughed as he imagined Jongin explaining that the healer was describing Kyungsoo in everyway. Of course Yi xing won't lie. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This one is my brother's idea, of course I had to say that one of them is the female so that I can have his advice otherwise he'll kill me for sure. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....