Cheerfully Mournful

Frosted Fire

 

"You love him, right? Then, what's stopping you?" Minseok soft comforting words made Jongin'g hard walls fell instantly. The light tone in his voice as if assuring the him everything is all right warms his heart. "He said he loves you, right? Why are you running?" The questions that made his heart tremble became softer at his mouth. It was a magical feeling. It was the comfort of having a reliable brother. 

"I'm not-" Jongin's words was cut by a soft embrace as tears trickled down his face. His love buried behind his stony facade and his lies breaking his fragile heart. 

"Don't pull yourself down, Jongin-ah. Kyungsoo loves you as much as you do. Don't say you're not fit for him, that's an excuse to destroy him. Kyungsoo loves you more than you ever expected and I know you do too. So run to his side and take those words back."Minseok comforted the sobbing persona of their teleporter. He sighed as he took away the pain of his dongsaeng. A precious comrade who shivered at his words. "Go and tell him that you would die for him" Jongin smiled at the words. It was tacky but not in his hyung's mouth. "You know he don't care about social statuses and finances. Our dear Kyungsoo loves the ol Kim Jongin who came from the loving orphanage" Minseok declared laughing half-heartedly. "Besides whatever other says, You are Exo's Kai, you're who anyone wishes for" Jongin's heart was comforted at the soft melodious chuckles of his loving hyung. He was thankful for the push of encouragement and boost of self-confidence to correct his mistake and prove his love. Leaving the encouraging silhoutte of his eldest hyung, he muttered a soft thank you before running towards where his heart must go.

 

The familiar scent of Kyungsoo made Jongin feel at ease. Slowly opening his heavy lids, he stared at his lover wamly cuddling his body for warmth. He chuckled softly at the scene. Brushing a few lock of his hair, Jongin smiled at the angel sleeping beside him. Warmth spreading slowly from his toes to his whole body. Kyungsoo stirred at his sleep mumbling Jongin's name before reaching for Jongin's body. Jongin planted a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheeks then to his nose and forehead. His fingers playing with the sleeping figure's hair. He hovered closely to the soft plump kissable lips his lover possess seducing him so effortlessly. It was a quick sweet peck at first but he was greedy. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and was greeted by the passionate stare of his lover. He smiled. 

"This is why I don't like sleeping over, you'll attack me early in the morning" Kyungsoo giggled softly as he traced Jongin's facial features with his fingers. Jongin smirked as he closely placed his lips near Kyungsoo's slowly touching each other. Kyungsoo forgot to breath. He anticipated the melting kiss which much to his frustration was so slow. Taking Jongin's hair and pulling him closer Kyungsoo and Jongin shared a passionate and hungry kiss. The kind of kiss that makes your knees weak and wobbly. Jongin slowly explored Kyungsoo's mouth savouring his addicting taste. Kyungsoo hands were playing in his lover's hair as they engaged in a mind-blowing battle of tongues. Jongin, of course, was the dominant one but Kyungsoo didn't mind. He was satisfied with the taste of Jongin's kiss. They separated for air with eyes locked at each other both showing a mischievous glint. The alarm sound off. Jongin cursed beneath his breath. Kyungsoo chuckled. Sighing, Jongin got up and scanned the room for his clothes and walked his way to the bathroom humming merrily. "Why are you so happy early in the morning?"

"Well, I just remember that I am not the one who attacks early in the morning" Jongin screamed behind the doors. Kyungsoo chuckled at his lover's childishness while shaking his head.

 

"Yah! You're together! Finally" Minseok happily applauded at the news of Kyungsoo and Jongin's relationship. "I gotta be a best man in your wedding" Jongin and Kyungsoo laughed at the excitement of their older brother. 

"Marry Luhan-hyung first, we'll follow. We can't go on without you two settling together" Minseok stuck his tongue out. Jongin and Kyungsoo were one of the following members who was very observant and saw Minseok's crush on Luhan which the headquarters quietly hoped for.

"Yah! Just go on and marry. Luhan does not feel the same way" Minseok was someone with no confidence in himself but has absolute confidence on s. He was someone who's proud of the members rather than himself. 

"No can't do! You go confess to Luhan-hyung someday! I'll have you both married in the future!" Kyungsoo declared with ogly eyes imagining the wedding in his mind. Jongin chuckled at his lover's cuteness. Minseok pouted. Jongin watched the two older men having a face off with cute expressions. If cuteness can kill others then the two older men would be a walking bomb. Jongin chuckled at the thought. 

"Really, hyung. You're our cupid so we'll become yours" Jongin stated making Minseok smile at them proud at his work in fixing their fate. 

"Well, I'm just happy that the two of you is happy and in love"

 

Jongin stared at the smiling Xiumin his heart filled with sadness. Kyungsoo's grip on his hand was tightening. They offered their smile at the new member. Hello! 

"Hello, Xiumin-hyung" Kyungsoo greeted with a warm smile as if greeting their old hyung. Kyungsoo has always loved Minseok's voice and so did Jongin. It felt odd that they are communicating at the mute member while reading his messy scribbles. The best could do of the moment is to make the new persona of their hyung feel comfortable. "Would you like to eat breakfast with us?" Kyungsoo offered. Xiumin nodded merrily. His resemblance to their hyung was uncanny that it tugs their heart and the only thing they can offer is their smile. Yes! I would love too. Kyungsoo chuckled. 

"Yah! Walking frozen bun, where are you?" Luhan's searching voice echoed at the hallway making Kyungsoo and Jongin chuckle. It was so much like the old times. It's only been a week but the team was slowly adapting to his presence. Xiumin was Minseok without the memories but they are different. Xiumin scuffled and immediately hides behind Jongin. Kyungsoo smiled. Hide me for a while, Lulu is angry. Jongin laughed at the nickname. 

"Jongin! Kyungsoo! Did you see Xiumin?" Luhan asked scanning the hallways. Jongin hand his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulder to bring their bodies closer making a larger wall to hide Xiumin's body. Luhan smirked. It was the same hint the couple would give when Minseok would run away from him. It basically means he's at our back. Kyungsoo giggled as he shook his head for a faux answer. "Is that so~?" Luhan mimicked the sounds of someone walking away before Xiumin peeked slowly. "Boo!" Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Luhan laughed at the shock expression of the eldest member. "You're going to memorize the Exoplanet rules with me!" Luhan said as he approached the awkwardly smiling Xiumin. Jongin and Kyungsoo watched the familiar event unfolding in their eyes. Kyungsoo's smile was replaced with a frown. Minseok was someone who need not to force to memorize the Exoplanet's rules, he was a walking rulebook. A smart hyung with a naive mind. He once again noticed a difference between Minseok and Xiumin. It was something that he always try not to do. After breakfast? Kyungsoo said we can eat together. Xiumin attacked Luhan with his pleading puppy eyes that is as dangerous as it is adorable. Jongin laughed in amusement at the effect. Luhan sighed. "Fine then, you'll study after okay!"

 

"Jongin! Hyung is" Kyungsoo drowned his cries into Jongin's chest. Jongin's eyes fixed at the white wall of the room with tears silently falling down on his eyes. Their cupid was missing in action. Jongin closed his eyes for the memories of his favorite Exo member trying to teleport himself to his whereabouts. It was useless. He can't. It was something that never occured before. His cast was useless. Damn. He thought. His thoughts were running wild at the probabilities of misfortune. It broke him. Yet there was nothing he can do. Not a little bit.

 

"China?" Jongin stared at the papers containing the information of the current mission. Suho nodded at him for affirmation while sipping his bubble tea. "You look so childish trying to imitate a scene from an action movie, hyung, so stop that" Suho pouted at the blunt comment of his young member. 

"You can pretend that it's cool, you know" Jongin chuckled. Suho has returned to the normal gentle and loving leader who can't surpress the adventurous spirit and foolishness of the resident couple-since-birth member Chanyeol and Baekhyun. It was a year since he last saw the original character of their leader. Luhan and Xiumin entered the room with Kris trailing behind them. The chinese tower glanced at him with that cold look which has softened for the past week. As an automatic response drilled into their system, Jongin saluted at the arrival of the other squad leader. Kris saluted back.Luhan saluted to Suho. Do I also need to salute? Suho chuckled as he nodded. Xiumin copied Luhan's gesture and saluted Suho who replied with the same. 

"You have explained the mission?" Suho nodded at Kris question. Jongin stared at the worried Luhan and the grinning Xiumin. 

"Hyung, you're close to being a mother, right now!" Jongin teased earning a laugh from Suho and a soft approving smirk from Kris. Luhan blushed in embarrassment while Xiumin grinned widely stucking his right thumb up in approval. Luhan pinched Xiumin's cheeks. 

"Well I can't help it, this-" Luhan pointed to the childish mercenary "is very childish" Pouting Xiumin scribbled loudly on his sketchpad, his scribbles becoming more easier to read. Hey! I am older! "Well, you don't seem like it!" Xiumin huffed. Kris cleared his throat. Worriedly Luhan glanced at Xiumin, "Are you really alright?" Xiumin nodded. "Don't get hurt and quickly escape if you're found" Xiumin sighed. Well, I did escape from you before remember. Luhan pinched his cheeks once again. Jongin chuckled while the leader's sighed. 

"Don't worry, I'm with him. Besides, you're worrying too much. Xiumin-hyung came from the underground" Luhan sighed. 

 

"Luhan-hyung, are you alright?" Jongin asked the dazed squad M vice-captain. Luhan weakly smiled as answer. He snuggled at Minseok's former bed inhaling the remaining scent he can from it. 

"He'll come back, right?" Luhan's desperate voice was like a sharp knife to his heart. Jongin was guilty of not sharing the happiness of knowing mutual love to them. He was guilty that he did not became a cupid like how Minseok did for him. 

"He will. I know, he will" Luhan smiled at his answer as he fell into sleep for the firt time in two weeks. Jongin stared at the fragile sleeping figure of his hyung as he pulled a blank over him and turned the lights off before leaving Minseok's room. 

 

Jongin stared at awe at the strength of Xiumin's cast. It was the same as Minseok's nullification or more. Among the Exo members, Minseok's cast control and strength was something to respect. His absolute control of his cast was a legend even in the institution. Minseok was the walking role model material and Xiumin was no less than him in abilities. The flying bullets were on the ground frozen. Jongin need not to move a certain muscle to trespass the large laboratory producing opium that is being smuggled throughout the continent. As soon as Xiumin would pass by their whole lower half was frozen unabling them to move. The cast time, sequence and control was absolutely perfect that he was speechless. An caucasian man probably 6'2" in height stood at the hallway blocking their entrance. His green eyes were taunting and scheming.

You go fetch the mission. I'll handle here. Don't worry I'll hold until you return. I know you're absolutely fast The frost cast owner wrote by freezing the passing wind. Xiumin grinned as he dodged a powerful dagger thrown at him. He eyed the metal and frowned in disappointment. Jongin nodded and teleported leaving only the white smoke on his trail. Xiumin smiled darkly. Now, I can let out the beast White cold smoke enveloping him. Prepare yourself The male stared at the cryptic characters floating int the air. Xiumin slowly approached the enemy his smile not leaving his face. His every step adding cold air to the room. The enemy's daggers rendered useless as it became nothing but a chunk of frozen metal hitting the ground. The enemy cowered as everything was frozen. Xiumin neared the enemy his hands on the enemy's shoulder freezing him entirely. Jongin arrived shock at the state of the place. He dared not ask about it.Jongin handed Xiumin a piece of large notebook he found while seaching the laboratoy and a pen. Jongin clutched the brown envelope tightly. Do we still need him? Xiumin pointed to the caucasian caster. Jongin shook his head.

"Don't kill him. It is not like us" Xiumin nodded as withdrew his cast and grabbed Jongin's shoulders as they teleported back to the headquarters creating a new record of finishing a full-pledge rank A mission in a matter of twenty minutes. Minseok was a record breaker as so was Xiumin but Xiumin was more cruel than Minseok could ever be. Jongin sighed. He shuddered at the thought of having Minseok and Xiumin becoming one. It would be awesome as it was fearful. 

"Kim Jongin, join us!" Kris invitation took the life out of Jongin. Minseok popped up from the giant's back while holding his classmate's Sehun's wrist. Jongin eyed the tall chinese man who shoved the invitation card on him. 

"Yah! That's not how you scout a member" Kris rolled his eyes. Minseok offered a smile at the freshmen. Jongin stared at the card Kris was holding.It was a member invitation for the team battle for the annual Fighter's festival of the institute. Jongin eyed his infamous sunbae. The flight caster and school king, Wu Yifan or often called as Kris. The school's cold wind caster with this year's highest cast control and written test scores, Oh Sehun. And last but certainly not the least, the gentle record breaking role model, Kim Minseok. He raised his brows. "Hello there, Jongin-ssi. We would like to-" 

"I know" Minseok pouted. Sehun glared. Kris chuckled. Jongin sighed. The three of them alone can ace that tournament. What do they need from a meager teleporter like him anyway? 

"Well, we heard that this year's tournament is a fortress battle so we hoped that you could join us"Minseok explained. Jongin eyed at them. "We heard of your records and was impress!" 

"What do I get in return?"

"The whole prize" Kris coldly answered. Jongin glared. Minseok elbowed the chinese giant. Jongin was not from a good family background as he was found in an empty church abandoned and it was a school fact yet he had enough pride to work for his goal by himself and without anyone's pity. 

"Forgive this idiot, will you? I can teach you cast control and tutor you for free if you want. That's the only thing I can do afterall" The proposal was something more enticing for Jongin than the money could ever be. A tutorial session with the currently top of the records Minseok-sunbae would certainly do him good. 

"Fine. Count me in" Minseok cheered that it made Jongin smile at him. 

"Thanks. We now have the whole team!"Jongin eyed the team he was saying standing outside the room. It was practically the group of troublemaking geniuses of the school. Jongin sighed. They did not that they would create a legendary fortress battle with their overwhelming victory. It was all because of Minseok's eye for people as he was the one who scouted the whole team. Exo was then born.