Voiceless Noise

Frosted Fire

 

"Why do you hide such beautiful voice?" Minseok asked the wide eyed junior covering his face with a book. "And such cute eyes?" Kyungsoo slowly lifted his eyes to meet the smiling gaze of the school genius. Do Kyungsoo was a fan of Kim Minseok. The senior was his walking inspiration, the perfect example of a capable man. Kyungsoo was never really a socializing man so he drowned all his loneliness in music and singing, his only hobby. He blinked at the kind eyes of his respected senior. 

"My voice? Beautiful?" Kyungsoo questioned. No one told him that before. His voice was more of a shame than the word beautiful. Minseok nodded as he neared the cute junior. He remembered the boy because he was Sehun's classmate in some lessons and has a really powerful will. 

"No one told you that? I'm Minseok, by the way" Kyungsoo stared at the right hand stretched towards him, he hesitantly accepted it. He was in awe. His respected senior was a perfect man. Intelligent, powerful, and kind. "Do Kyungsoo, right? I saw you on Sehun's class once" Kyungsoo nodded speechless at the events. "You always sing here?"Minseok chuckled at the silence of the young boy who can only move his head in a nod as an answer. "I didn't know that someone other than me and Kris goes in this part of school" Minseok scanned the room making Kyungsoo nervous. Minseok let out a laugh making Kyungsoo smile unconsciously. Minseok replied with a brighter smile. "Let's be friends, okay?" Kyungsoo nodded aggresively making Minseok chuckle yet again. 

Kyungsoo was staring his wide eyes concentratedly at the transport device for any signs of Jongin and Xiumin arriving. It has been thirty minutes since the last transmission and still no sign of the two, it was an abnormal phenomena. Jongin was the world's faster teleporter and transporter, it isn't an exaggeration to say that Jongin can go around the world in a day. The situation is pretty absurd for Kyungsoo. Luhan was panicking as much as he does. Cold sweat forming in his forehead. 

"Hyung" Kyungsoo called the the older chinese member who smiled at him worriefly. "They'll be safe" Kyungsoo convinced the oldest chinese member and himself. He was eyeing Amber and Krystal of F(x) who were in charge of the headquarter's teleporter. F(x) is the headquarter's police force. They are always inside the headquarters and their job is to convey the reports and data's from the field to the office and vice versa, they are also in charge of the maintenance of the whole infrastructure. They are the greatest supporting force of  Exoplanet police force. 

"I took a hold of their current position" Amber announced making Kyungsoo and Luhan dash on her side and stare at the monitor screen. Japan. Kyungsoo stared at Luhan then to Amber. 

"Shouldn't they be at China?" Luha inquired. Krystal was busy trying to connect a communication towards the two of them. Sungmin was currently out on a mission and would take three hours if they wait for him. "Send us over" Luhan impatiently stated glaring at the calm Kris behind them. 

"Send them" Suho approved which Kyungsoo mentally thanked. Kris nodded as an approval. As soon as Kris nodded, Luhan and Kyungsoo positioned themselves in a glass elevator-like device and waited for the scenery to change. The night streets of Japan welcomed them a second after. Opening the communication device, Kyungsoo asked Amber for directions. 

"They should be at a park 240 meters north of your current position" the female voice from the communicating device stated. Luhan and Kyungsoo broke out in a dash. The night city air against their flesh but they paid no heed to cold sensation and hastily ran as fast as they could. The japanese park was dark and eerie. It seems to be an abandoned park near an old nursery school. The place was silent until a mob of caster suddenly ambushed them. Kyungsoo stomped his feet hard enough to shook the entire park and making the enemies lose their footing. Kyungsoo flinched at the sudden lost of weight, he was floating as well as Luhan. Black smoke surrounded them and the scenery change into a dark room where Xiumin and Jongin were hiding. Kyungsoo stared at Jongin's open wound located at his arms. Luhan pulled Xiumin into a hug as the latter was unconcious.

"Turn off the communicating device" Jongin softly ordered. Kyungsoo did as was ordered. "How's Xiumin?"

"Still passed out. What happened?" Luhan asked as he placed Xiumin's head on his lap. His eyes fixed on the pained expression on the mercenary's face. "He's having nightmares"

"He was using his cast and it was strong, hyung. Too strong. He then collapse after. The pursuers arrived and unfortunately one of them has a barrier cast" Jongin stared at the surroundings from a small hole in the wall. "There are seven of them. Barrier, Gravitation control, Bind, Sound, Speed, Hack, and Ice" Kyungsoo eyed his lover and sighed. At least he was fine.

"Jongin, you're wounded, lemme see it" Kyungsoo torn a piece of cloth from his sleeves as Jongin took a seat next to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo wrapped a the cloth around Jongin's arm to stop the bleeding. Kyungsoo hugged Jongin. "I'm glad your okay, love" Jongin smiled at the sweet soft voice of his lover. Xiumin opened his eyes and was greeted by Luhan's worried smile. Xiumin's eyes widened at the sight of incoming ice shards aimed towards Kyungsoo whose back was vulnerable to the attack. "KYUNGSOO!" Xiumin's, no, Minseok's familiar voice screamed.

"See I told you! You have a beautiful voice, even Kris thinks so" Minseok merrily announced. Kyungsoo blushed. Kyungsoo stared at the group crowding in front of him. It was the famous odd group. A group of elites who hates the spotlight. There was the institute's king, Wu Yi fan, the institute's strategic genius Joonmyeon, the current entrance exam top notcher Sehun, and the walking record breaker, Minseok. "I think the audience outside the door thinks so too" The ragged door slid open and revealed the institute beautiful and talented student Luhan, the school's martial arts expert Zitao, and the ace of all trades, Yi xing. It was an overwhelming day for Kyungsoo. The school idols was listening to his singing. 

"That's a cool voice, Kyungsoo" Luhan laughed as he skipped towards Minseok and tackled him into a hug. Yi fan glared at Luhan who stuck his tongue out. Sehun pulled Minseok away from Luhan. Luhan pouted at Sehun's action. Tao walked towards Minseok and grabbed his sleeves.

"Hyung is mine!"  Tao and Sehun chorused as they then engaged in a tug of war with Minseok as the replacement of the rope. Kris sighed at the childishness. Minseok sighed at the situation. Kyungsoo chuckled. He can't believe he is seeing the perfect student's fight over their lovable hyung. Feeling light hearted Kyungsoo pulled Minseok in a tight hug away from the commotion. "He just became my hyung" Kyungsoo announced as he laughed softly. Yi xing who was watching quietly laughed at the ending. 

"Minseok-hyung and Kyungsoo-ssi does share similarities so they could pass off as brothers" Yi xing laughed watching two cute people cuddling each other. Minseok smiled at Kyungsoo. Sehun returned to his usual poker face, Kris rolled his eyes. Luhan tackled both of the short men into a hug with a smile. 

"You're the cute teaddy bear brothers!" Luhan named making the group snicker at the name. 

Chen stared at the wounded Jongin currently healed by Yi xing's cast and then to the eloquently speaking Xiumin chatting with Luhan and Sehun. "What happened?". Baekhyun tapped Jongdae's shoulder and said with a smile. "Nothing worth not celebrating!" Jongdae smiled at Baekhyun's idea. Chanyeol shook his head at the hopelessness of the two. 

Xiumin's sudden scream alerted Jongin and managed to teleport Kyungsoo away from the spot. Luhan controlled the ice shards and reflected it back to the ice caster. Xiumin with his nimble body swiftly disarmed three man freezing them in an ice coffin. Jongin appeared at the ice caster's back striked the man's lower neck leaving the enemy unconcious. The remaining three were sent flying by Kyungsoo's power kick and Luhan's pellets. With the last bit of energy he has Jongin teleported the group at the headquarters without any interruption. 

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo called the spaced out Luhan. "What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo stared at the group crowding at Xiumin amazed at his recovered voice. He chuckled at the sight. "You won't join the team?"

"I'll go later." Luhan eyed the group with the corner of his eyes. 

"Are you afraid of something, hyung?" Luhan stared at Kyungsoo's wide knowing eyes. If there was someone in the group who resembles Minseok's characteristics then the closest bet would be Kyungsoo. They share the same kind pure soul that made everyone feel so comfortable and the talent to peer inside human's heart and comfort it. Minseok has always regarded Kyungsoo as a special existence closest to his own and Kyungsoo absolutely worshipped Minseok in every possible way. When Jongin and Kyungsoo announced their relationship, Luhan was the one who was most relieve. It means that one fairly strong rival was out. After Jongin and Kyungsoo's relationship, the couple became his love adviser and was thankful for it. 

"I'm afraid that I'll get too use around Xiumin and forget about Minseok" Kyungsoo closed his eyes. It was something that he also felt before. That somehow Xiumin would replace Minseok's existence. That they will forget that the two of them are two different personalities. It was a horrifying thought. 

"Minseok-hyung is my pledged brother. He will always be. Just because he's not around doesn't mean we can easily forget him. The long years and plenty memories we shared can't be depleted that easily. There is still a possibilty that Xiumin-hyung and Minseok-hyung are basically the same person"

"They are not, Kyungsoo, you know it" Kyungsoo stared at the starless night sky of the citadel. The stars are closer to them but the farthest to reach. It's quite ironic that they are searching for a star when they are floating on Exosphere. 

"You love Minseok-hyung, I know. If you truly are fated then it's only time that you're up against" Kyungsoo stated as he smiled bitterly, nostalgia eating him. "So stop mopping around and get inside the room or Xiumin-hyung would be violated by Jongdae and Baekhyun" Luhan chuckled and did as told. Kyungsoo stared at his hyung figure joining the bustling scene inside the manor. From the corner of his eyes, he saw squad M leader silently listening at the conversation with Jongin beside him. Jongin walked towards him after Kris flew above the citadel's sky, away from their sight. "Where is he going?" Jongin kissed his cheeks and answered "To do his job" Kyungsoo grinned at Jongin's warmth as he reached for a hug. "That job is?"

"To guard and protect silently" Kyungsoo smiled as he captured his lover's face in his hands planting a quick peck on his lips. 

"You know I love you, right?"

"I know it hurts, Kyungsoo. I also know you love him but if the two of you are truly fated to each other then there is only time your going against and not the world. When time is right I am sure that no matter what happens you'll both be in each other's arms. So stop mopping around and cheer up or I'll violate Jongin if you don't"

"There is only time we're up against right, Jongin? We're all fated to live a happy life afterall" Kyungsoo whispered as he cuddled the sleeping Jongin closer. "There is only time we are against" he repeated. "Please let it be"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: somehow I felt like I owe an explanation for Xiumin suddenly speaking. I already have Kyungsoo chapter marked as the chapter where Xiumin regained his voice so I go and did it. If its not to the standards forgive me, my mind is on haywire. The lessons and the plot is mixing. Questions, suggestions, and comments are really welcomed. Thanks for subscribing~