Dark Snow

Frosted Fire

 

"Run, Luhan! I have it covered. Don't worry we'll go to that movie tomorrow"

 

"Liar" The silent word escaped his mouth, his soft sobs muffled with his knees as he curled his body into a ball. The sweet and addicting smell of the room was his only comfort. The lingering presence of his missing comrade was still on the room. It has been a year since Minseokie disappeared. No news whatsoever as to what happened to him. "Hurry back home, Minseokie" His voice trailed as the chilling night breeze entered the room. Everyone has lost hope and naturally assumed his fate but not him. He knew Minseok is alive. He must be. He buried his face on Minseok's white pillow. Everything in the room was Minseok's. He arranged it that way. He bought the room even though it cost his fortune. The clean baby blue washed walls were decorated by the scarce album frames of the team. The room was organized and well-maintained. Luhan made sure that everything as it has been before Minseok went missing. He hummed softly to comfort his aching heart. The sound of the wind chimes against the wind was his only accompaniment. He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

 

"Hey! That's unfair! You gave others cool codenames but I was the only one with a food" Minseok exclaimed at their squad leader who shrugged his complaints.

"Ask Luhan-hyung" Minseok glared at the chuckling Luhan. The other members simply laughed at his predicament.

"You better not change it, Minseok-hyung" chorused the squad K whose codename where much worst off.

 

The soft and comfortable embrace of the night wind lulled Luhan to sleep but his senses were trained to be sharp. The soft clud on the window pane as something of considerable weight landed on it hadn't gone unnoticed. It was silent as it could be. Luhan was aware that it was a caster, the overbearing presence can only come from such. Not wanting to use any of Minseok's things as a weapon, Luhan was at lost. The soft thud in the floor as the intruder entered the room made Luhan more alert than he already was yet he dared no move from his sleeping position. Rumaging his brains with possible actions and formulating a plan, Luhan levitated the bag lying on the floor, the only thing in the room that was his. He swiftly jumped towards the intruder who was taken aback but was fast enough to dodge his trap. Luhan stanced himself in an defensive position. The greatest priority in his mind was to avoid the destruction of Minseok's things, his memories. The small bottles of specially designed silver pellets that if applied with his cast would be able to knock an elephant were opened and the pellets were released. Luhan eyed the midnight intruder. His features were covered by a black cloth wrapped meticulously in his face. The lack of lighting made him unable to see his opponent's eyes. The opponent was smaller than him in height but was lean and strong as proven by the muscles in his arms. He was wearing an old black ninja costume usually seen in the movies. They silently observed each other's movement.
"Who are you?" Luhan inquired only to gain silence. He controlled one of the floating pellets to attack the trespasser who dodged nimbly. Another pellet was ordered for an attack and again was futile. It took a lot of control not to destroy anything on the room while attaking with enough force. The trespasser swiftly moved to counter but was blocked with another rapid firing pellets. It was frozen. Out of nowhere an sharp ice shard managed to scratch Luhan's neck. The black ninja intruder moved swiftly to escape but was halted with the locking of the windows, Luhan who dreaded to use the building's alarm system sounded it off. 
"You're not going anywhere" His opponent bent his body before his lunged forward with that agile body of his before rapidly releasing a series of kicks which Luhan dodged well but the commotion they cause was enough to mess the room. The door opened and behind the intruder's back was Kyungsoo and Jongin shock at the sight of the intruder. Their expression then became alert. Luhan glared at Kyungsoo as his cast may absolutely destroy the room. Kyungso cowered. The hovering figure of Kris behind the windows has not escaped Luhan's alert senses. Using the blanket as a medium as Luhan used his telekenesis to made sure it touched both his body and the intruders body, Jongin teleported us to the close field. There was no escape in the citadel since one cannot possibly live outside it. Kris hovered towards the teleported group. Tao suddenly appeared with an alert gaze and so was the other.
"What is happening?" Kris asked as he landed next to Luhan. They were alertly following the battle between Tao and the intruder who skillfully dodge each graceful attacks Tao throws at him. He was also alert of his surroundings.

"I don't know. He just intruded on Minseok's room" Suho cast a water bullet pressured enough to hurt him but it was turned into droplets of ice. "Ice cast?" Chanyeol muttered with a surprised expression. He threw a flame in the enemy which was frosted. It was an odd phenomena. Chanyeol's fire was burning inside the ice. "Frost cast, a high level one" Jongdae informed as he lunged forward with the spear in his hand. The spear was enhanced with his lightning cast. The man though staggering after the endless attacks from our side dodged Jongdae's attacks. It was the sharp sound of a wolf-whistle that made him even more alert. He was now the one initiating the attacks. Kyungsoo whose power was restricted inside the citadel stomp powerfully just enough to shook the citadel but not damage it. It was an emergency alarm for the citadel guards and every aristrocasters. 

"Xiumin!" A male voice deep and filled with authority called making the man snap at his direction but he was cautious. Sehun's ball of wind was dodged just in time. "Retreat" The intruder, Xiumin as he was called, hopped in the air before a path of ice appeared. Kris flew trailing at him but with his restriction he was not able to match the speed of the trespasser. A ray of light was fired by Baekhyun in its direction in hopes to track it. He shook his head.

 

"Stop calling me baozi, you overgrown deer!" Minseok huffed as he placed some air inside his cheeks. 

"But you are one!" Luhan laughed at the cute expression of his hyung.

"Ugh! You're hopeless!" He raised his hands in surrender making Luhan grin in satisfaction.

 

"Frost cast?" Sungmin repeated with disbelief. Chanyeol just nodded as an answer. Sungmin was a member of the veteran police force SJ, they are widely known and loved as their activities range almost to anything. Yixing and Luhan exchanged blank looks. "I don't believe you" The man leaned on his chair as he shook his head. Chanyeol placed the frosted flame in the table. 

"It was last night's souvenir. He can apparently frost even casts. The fire is mine" Chanyeol explained. Sungmin inspected it with a cynical expression. He awed at the product. It was beautiful. Chanyeol's flame was known to be beautiful as it was dangerous. The orange flame was alive as it was trapped inside a white ice. Sungmin placed it on his table and closed his eyes. Sungmin's cast is telepathy. A powerful telepathy that if unrestrained can broadcast his thoughts in each and every living caster. Sungmin smiled as the door behind him clacked open. Kyuhyun in his white medical robe appeared from the room. He approached the table and eyed the piece of ice concentratedly. Kyuhyun grinned. Like Sungmin, Kyuhyun was also a member of SJ and is the owner of virtual cast which enables him to plunge into the world of data's inside any electronic device. 

"You'll be owing me a favor, Chanyeolie" He smirked. Unlike the meek and kind Sungmin, Kyuhyun is a known mischievous person with a very deadly sharp tongue. He chuckled as he scribbled something in a note. "You got a badass on the loose, huh?" He waved as he walks toward the room behind Sungmin's table. It is the data center of the HQ. Chanyeol stuck his tongue out while Yixing and Luhan bowed politely. As soon as Chanyeol clutched the note in his hand, he rushed towards the Hubblescope where the other members are waiting.

 

"That's not it, Luhan! You must not rely on your cast alone. Sense everything in your surrounding, formulate a plan, then act" Minseok nagged.
"It's impossible in a short span of time. You should have been Vice-Captain. I can't do it" Luhan whined.

"I am not hearing that from you. You can do it, come on! I know you can!" Minseok encourage with his trademark smile.

"Fine! Just teach me until I do it perfectly" Luhan grinned earning a chuckle from his hyung.

 

"It is a what?" Tao questioned unable to accept the facts laid in front of him. Chanyeol grimaced at his reaction as it seems he must explain it all over again which he already did twice now. 

"One of the rarest cast" Kris summarized. The team was not in a happy mood as it usually is. The big blow in their prides as they let a single intruder escape when all twelve of them are present was something that they haven't got over yet. 

"What difference does it has with Ice cast?" Kyungsoo asked blankly. Chanyeol sighed. He already had explained the whole thing for a while now. Baekhyun tapped his shoulders as a comfort. 
"What difference did the Heat and Fire cast have? It is basically the same principle" Sehun interrupted. His eyes fixed on the small tornado dancing on his palm. He crushed it and it became unexistent. "Like how heat cast is the ability to control the heat and raising its temperature differentiate from how a fire cast can only conjure fire. Frost and Ice is the same. Frosting is like freezing, it can bind a person and kill a person immediately and add it to the fact that it can also be used against cast itself it is quite dangerous" Sehun continued. The deafening silence inside the room was choking the members but no one dared break it. The room was painted in clean white. The eleven guardians was seated on their assigned seat on the large round table which was the only thing inside the room for the moment. Hubblescope is a room that autmotically change it's form depending on the guardians' needs. It was the familiar sound of a certain device switching on that made them stood up and as soon as they did the lights in the room faded into darkness. The only source of light in the room was the fuzzy green hologram whose form was unidentifiable. 

"Greetings Exo!" They all stood in alert. A common respect given to the highest authority in Exoplanet. Their left hands in a fist and on their back while their right which is also in a fist was placed near the heart. "I have caught wire of the intrusion last night. Luhan of squad M, your report"
"As you will, supremos!" Luhan answered. "Exactly 12:27 a.m sir the intruder landed on the room of missing in action comrade Minseok sir and we have close encounter. With the exchange of blows, we conclude the criminal to possess the rare Frost cast and is of high level. During his escape as signalled by someone who appears to be his comrade, We were informed that the trespasser is named Xiumin, sir" The line was blank. The twelve of them stood attentively waiting for the reply. 

"Frost cast, is it? Is this confirmed, Kai of Squad K?" Jongin stepped up. 

"It has been researched and proven, supremos!"

"Very well. Kris of squad M and Suho of squad K. I shall have send you the orders. For now, this session is dismissed" A loud beep was followed by a wave of relieve sighs. The team exited the room and retreated back to their own rooms in their estate in the citadel except for Luhan who was walking towards the direction of the black citadel. He was then alerted by the shuffling of bushes just a little bit away from him. The familiar black ninja attire appeared but rather than the nimble intruder it was a man clutching his sides to stop the dripping blood. The man seemed to have sensed Luhan's presence as he whipped his head towards his direction. Their eyes met. Luhan was taken a back at the familiar eyes staring at him. Panic is the only emotion reflected on the mysterious man's eyes.

"Minseok?" Luhan whispered. He shook his head. His thoughts was impossible. Kim Minseok shall never do the act of intruding the citadel and helping a thief. The man though alert was weak. Luhan initiated the attack. His cast was not restricted and he has no reason to hold back. He lifted a couple of trees and threw it to the enemy's direction who barely dodge it unlike his nimble disposition last night. He was weak because of the blood lost that's why his guard was not as tough as last night. Luhan managed to land a kick on his stomach. He coughed a mouthful of blood which the black cloth caught for him. The man collapsed. Luhan eyed the man cautiously afraid that it was a trick but he decided that it was not. Curious to the man's identity, Luhan tried to pry the cloth covering his face but it was to no avail. It seems to be something not easily removed. Fishing the communicating device from his pocket, he called Kris. 
"I caught Xiumin"
"What? Where are you?"Kris voice was strained with disbelief as he asked his question. The tone of urgency and authority present. Typical of Kris. Typical. Luhan stared at the wanted man and answered "200 meters away of Blackscream manor. North"

"I'll be there in a moment" The line went dead. Luhan sighed as he stared at the starry skies of Earth. A view lacking from the grand citadel. True to his word, Kris arrived after what appears to be six minutes with Jongin.They eyed the unconcious criminal and Luhan with a curious look. 

"He was already wounded when I found him. And yes, I tried to take his mask off. It was no use" Luhan answered their questioning gaze. The three carried the man to the headquarters without a single word. 

 

"We are announcing Agent Baozi as MIA" the stern administrating head announced. Luhan stared blankly at the retreating figure of the man .

"He can't be" Luhan muttered beneath his breath. "He owed me a movie" Luhan chuckled grimly. 

"There's still hope, Luhan. It's not yet lost" Kris comforted. 

"I will never be lost. He is alive I am sure of it" Luhan convinced as he left the cursed room. 


 

 

 

0000000000