twenty five ; past

Answer Me 2009
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ New Adventures }
 

July 30th, 2011.

"We're almost done with promotions," said Miseul, quite sadly. The girls didn't have much going on for them in comparison to other 2011 girl or boy groups. Though they were met with some success, they didn't get invited to many variety shows. According to their CEO, it would be more profitable for companies to bring in other groups like B1A4 or Dal Shabet as they had bigger fanbases. It didn't matter about their skills too much.

"Don't be sad," Minjung told the girls, "We still have a few days left, and we definitely can make the best of that!"

The rest of the girls nodded, Minjung always put things in such a positive light. Sure, they were almost done promoting but they still could have fun. They had two more fanmeets as well as one or two variety shows left for them to participate on. They finished promoting on music shows after today, but honestly, they didn't complain too much about that. Music shows were exhausting, and some of them weren't exactly too fond of the concept.

"So," Summer started, not sure how to push the topic, "Minjung, how was your date with Minho the other day?"

The car fell silent as they waited for an answer, but none came quite quickly. The girls were used to Minjung dating around, but they were hoping that her longer than normal relationship with Sungsoo would have solved something. Sadly, it just stopped her from dating for a month or two after breaking up with the soon-to-be soloist. She met Minho during one of the variety shows she was invited to (as the face of the group), and they quickly hit it off. There weren't too many rumors about Minjung's dating tendencies amongst idols.

Yet.

They were worried about their image as a group, but they were more worried about the state of Minjung's heart. 

"It went well," the main rapper told them, putting two thumbs up to reassure them, "We just went to enjoy some watermelon at that one cafe."

Before they arrived back at the HQ, Hyeri said, "Tell us about the details later, Minjung!"

Their manager guided them into the building, not having much trouble as they were quite pepy and happy at the moment. They had a decent night of sleep because they had decided against practice to previous night. Before they turned to the training halls, the manager then told them, "We're going to be seeing Jaemin, so, let's go to his office."

The girls exchanged nervous looks as they followed their manager. They didn't know what to say or feel, but they all knew this talk was coming. It was unavoidable. 

Once the girls finally reached the room, the manager opened the door for them and they all went in. He followed closely behind and then the CEO smiled at them brightly.

"Hello everyone!" he exclaimed, not fazing any of the girls with his overly excited attitude. "I suppose you are wondering why I called you guys in here."

Miseul nodded, knowing that the rest of the girls were probably too scared or nervous to respond to Jaemin. She signaled for the girls to bow to their senior, and they quickly did so. He chuckled lightly and then told the girls, "Well, you aren't in trouble. To be honest, it's good news for you girls."

As soon as Hyeri opened , Jaemin pointed at her with his pinky finger with a huge grin.

"I'm assuming that Hyemi already dropped some news about studying in the Americas, right?" he began. The Daydream members didn't say anything, but he still continued on as if they had responded to him, "I realized that most of you girls are good singers, dancers, and rappers. All of that important stuff, but you guys are lacking the 'it' factor that all top girl groups have. Your performances are right on the dot, but none of you guys have charisma that captures the audience honestly. And if you do, you aren't utilizing it correctly."

Their manager sheepishly scratched his head and said, "Jaemin, that's kind of harsh."

"No, it's not," Jaemin retorted, rolling his eyes, "They're the all around package with all the idol talents down, but they have no it-factor. If they have no it factor, they might as well disband right now. Wonder Girls, KARA, and Girls' Generation have that it factor. They have some weaker members that bring down their talent average, but they have that it factor that makes you love them."

Thinking over it, Hyeri agreed but she didn't want to admit it. They had all their own quirks on stage, but she realized that they didn't mesh together well as a group. Instead of one unit, they seemed like they were forced to become a group despite the years they had spent training together. It felt like they were on the dot, but they couldn't draw in the audience as well as their senior groups. Being an idol group was not about just the vocals and dances. It was about performances that could excite people and bring them in.

Jaemin crossed his arms and then sighed. "I trust you girls. I know you guys are talented, so, that's why I wanted to give you a chance. I'm sending some of the male trainees as well as you guys to study in the U.S. with some pretty well-known vocal and dance coaches. Since Camden's family is staying in California, they offered lodging for as long as we want. I thought it'd be best since you guys aren't promoting for the rest of the year. You'll be able to study until September or October."

"What about school? Do we get to skip?" Summer gleefully asked. She knew that this was obviously their last promotion cycle of the year, so, she couldn't help but be excited about returning to the United States. She would have the most communication skills (with the expection of talkative Camden), and they would be learning new skills.

Jaemin raised an eyebrow and then said, "Do you think your parents would allow that? You're going to have tutors while you're there, and hopefully, improve your English as well."

Summer groaned at the thought of being tutored by someone while Hyemi looked quite scared by the fact that he had said that they would be studying English.

"But what about the costs?" Miseul asked, quite obviously concerned about every aspect of this study abroad trip. She also knew that most of the girls weren't obviously going to have over ten million won to shell out for a spur of a vacation. "I don't think most of us can pay for it."

Before she could ask another question, Camden peaked in and wrapped his arms around Summer's neck in a playful manner.

"Good afternoon," the male trainee sang while getting daggers from Jaemin, "My family offered to cover the costs as lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter