three ; past

Answer Me 2009
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 { Impressing Them }

the girls: summer, hyeri, minjung, miseul, sunri, haneul, hyemi, flora, chanmi, jaemi

August 11th, 2010.

The first episode of Starstruck was broadcasted the previous day and the girls got a significant amount of attention. Most of the attention was from fans of Jaemi and people who were curious about their favorite trainees who had transferred companies. It was good overall, and the voting for their favorite show personalities had begun. 

Today was a very different day though as they had spent so much of their time training rooms. Today, they were going to split into two groups and practice for an upcoming showcase. Now, the showcase wasn't going to be put on for the staff and trainers of the company. It was going to be their actual first performance in front of teenagers at a high school. 

As the girls finally entered one of the large training rooms, Sumin brightly smiled at them and waved at them happily. She was one of the nicer vocal coaches if they had to be honest, and she was rather close in age to them in comparison to Yoojin. 

"So, we're going to be deciding groups for the showcase," the woman started off, raising an eyebrow playfully. "We decided that we're going to let the youngest gals pick their group."

Everyone's attention then shifted towards Summer and Hyemi who both looked pretty surprised that they had control over their groups. For Summer, this probably would be a breeze as she had enough zest and personality in order to direct the group. On the other hand, Hyemi was someone who preferred to follow.

Fire and water someone might say. Fire acted out on its own while water just stayed still most of the time.

Summer began to brainstorm who she wanted in her group, thinking carefully. She definitely wanted Flora as the two were tight and Flora was definitely one of the better dancers. She debated silently about wanting Hyeri, but she knew that they would argue and it would show disorganization. Sunri was another one of her top choices followed by Haneul and Miseul. And maybe Jaemi since the girl would listen and had the best visuals. Or perhaps Minjung since she was definitely the best rapper out of all of them. She could cover the rapping portion herself though.

But she knew that Hyemi wanted certain people as well, and so, she would have to wait and see.

On the other hand, Hyemi too was thinking about who she wanted. Her top choices were definitely Minjung, Hyeri, and Sunri. That would cover visuals, vocals, rap, and dance. And she wasn't too sure about the last person. Probably Jaemi as she felt comfortable with her.

"Since Hyemi's younger, Summer gets to pick first," Sumin explained.

"I want Flora."

Flora grinned at the girl brightly and then skipped over to the girl. Though she liked Hyemi, she knew that Summer was going to be better at putting together a strong team and making them work together.

"Uhm, Minjung," Hyemi announced, thinking about it carefully. She already had vocals down for the most part, so, a rapper would definitely be crucial. Both of them were decent dancers, so, they wouldn't have to worry about too much though it would be preferable for them to have a strong dancer like Flora on their team.

Summer tapped her foot for a short period of time and then glanced over the girls. Sunri was a good choice, but so were Haneul and Miseul. Sunri was probably the weakest dancer out of all ten girls, but she also had the strongest vocals and leader skills. Haneul and Miseul were both good singers with some sort of dance talent.

"My next choice is Haneul," Summer said, smiling at one of her closest friends out of all the trainees after Flora. They worked together well vocally and were on good terms. While she was on good terms with Miseul, she preferred to pick someone who she was closer to and could work well with. Sunri or Miseul would be her next choice. She knew she wouldn't pick Jaemi despite her stunning visuals.

"Hyeri." There wasn't much to debate about why she picked Hyeri next as she knew the girl was one of the strongest trainees in terms of well-roundness. Hyemi wanted to pick Miseul next, but she knew that she had to get one of the stronger vocalists first.

Sumin stopped the girls for a moment and then said, "Summer, the last two girls you want and you guys can split up to start brainstorming. We'll have a break in about two hours after you guys pick a song."

"Sunri and Chanmi." And her group was complete as they needed a rapper and a strong vocalist (though Summer and Haneul were definitely a strong vocalist, she wanted another one). 

Hyeri did not seem unhappy with the girls she was left with as she got along with both of them. Jaemi did not lack anything in dance or visuals while Miseul was amazing with vocals and dance. 

"So, Hyeri, Hyemi, Jaemi, Minjung, and Miseul are in one group," Sumin announced, "While Chanmi, Sunri, Haneul, Flora, and Summer are in another group."

The girls nodded in response. 

"You guys each will have ten minutes per group for the showcase at the middle schools," Sumin started off, "After that, you guys will get to interact with the crowd and try your best to earn votes from the crowd."

The Aurora Media Entertainment trainees nodded enthuastically for the most part. This was interesting as it kind of simulated the whole music show voting system without all the chart information and such. This was a chance to show off how well they worked in a group which would allow them to debut in the new girl group possibly.

"Okay, off you guys go! Summer's group can head to room 1 while Hyemi's group can head to room 2," the vocal coach said, shooing the girls away from the large room. 

After Summer's group exited the room, they headed over to room one. Chanmi switched on the lights and then plopped down onto the floor of the room near the middle. The rest of the girls followed suit and then waited for Summer to say something. Normally, Sunri would take charge, but they figured that they should let the girl lead as the company placed her as the head.

"So, any suggestions for songs?" Summer said with a cheeky grin.  Flora opened and then closed it. She opened it once more before Summer playfully shoved her.

"Ouch!" Flora cried out dramatically, falling to the floor. She laughed a bit and then continued to lay there. Afterwards, she then said, "Er, how about a f(x) song since they have five members?"

"I like that idea," Sunri replied, "But which one?"

"How about Nu Abo?" asked Haneul, flipping through the songs on an iPod that was plugged into the speakers. She began to play the song while the other girls listened along. The song seemed rather playful and fun. "Hold on, I'll pull up the dance video so that we can take a look at it."

The girls waited for Haneul to pull up the video and then began watching it after it loaded. 

"Hysteric, hysteric," Flora and Summer sang along, laughing with each other. The lyrics and random English didn't really make any sense, but the song seemed like it'd be easy to pick up in four to five days. 

"I think I'm down for this song," Sunri responded, before nudging Haneul softly. "Good choice!"

"So, parts?" Summer asked. Flora quickly cut her off and said, "I want to Victoria's parts of the dance."

"I'm down for Sulli's," Sunri responded, getting st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter