one ; past

Answer Me 2009
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 { Starstruck Begins }

the original lineup: summer, hyeri, minjung, miseul, sunri, haneul
new girls: hyemi, flora, chanmi, jaemi
 

"Today, we will begin filming Starstruck. We already briefed you on everything, but we just want to make sure you are all ready for this. The cameras will be here in five minutes," announced Jaemin to the trainees that stood before him. With a smile, he then handed each of the girls that stood before him a stappled sheet of papers. These papers had the general guidelines of what not to do on television. To be honest, they weren't really guidelines. They were strict rules if they wanted to be put into the group. After he finished handing out the papers, he then turned to Yoojin in order to see if she had anything to add.

"I know that all of you expected to debut in a group all together next year, but there was a change of plans," Yoojin began, looking at the girls one by one. Today, the woman seemed a bit more calm compared to her usually uptight attitude. Perhaps it was because she wasn't yelling about their singing technique.

Jaemin nodded and then continued to speak, "The girls who do end up getting to debut will have more publicity at their disposal, and I think that's a good thing. We want to get your names out there in a positive way."

"Wait, not all of us will debut? Isn't that a bit small for a group?" asked Sunri curiously after flipping through the papers. The normally happy girl seemed worried, a bit taken back by their selection of words. Though she normally was rather carefree, she had picked up on the fact that they had said only some of the girls would debut.

"I agree though," Hyeri inserted, raising an eyebrow. "Five is a good solid number, and I can't see us losing anyone."

Jaemin nodded and was about to start explaining the plans. But before he could respond, he heard the camera crew slowly approaching the room. He signaled for the girls to go back to the dance they were practicing and they did so. They got into formation of their dance and the man switched the music on. Jaemin then signaled for Sunri to follow him, and the duo left the room. They began practicing the dance that Miseul had helped choreograph.

(This is the dance, but the girls have sweats on presumably. Pretend this is a "demo-track" that they are practicing to. Trust me! The song is awesome, so, take a look at it.)

As the girls went through the motions of the dance, the camera crew entered the room and began filming the girls. The song that they were dancing to was one of the possible debut track that the company had pulled together. In all honesty, their concept was still in the drawing boards. The CEO argued that they should go with a tough image as many girl groups were quite girly and such. He wanted them to debut with a song that would make them stand out like the one they were dancing to as of now.

On the other hand, Yoojin thought the best idea was to stick with what they knew best and that was feminine and cutesty groups. As long as the girls had their own charms, they would be able to build some kind of fanbase. After they matured, they could try more mature and risque songs or perhaps experiment with their genre. She had composed a song called Venus in attempts to convince the CEO.

Of course, everything was still being planned. Even the final members of the group.

After the five girls finished, they were called over to get closer to the cameras in order for them to get a good shot of the girls.

When they got closer to the camera, they all bowed in a row and smiled. All of the girls attempted to stay on their best behavior. Even though they would be recording everything, only the best cuts would actually be making the show. The more screen time...the better. So, they were going to be on their best behavior...for the most part.

They then said together, "Hello! We are Aurora Media Entertainment's trainees!"

The five girls knew what they were doing though as they had been briefed previously by their CEO. The PD began to introduce each of the girls one by one, listing their history and specialties that the company knew about.

For Summer, it was her American heritage and her uncontrollable passion. She liked to be free, so, her transfer to Aurora Media Entertainment granted her that right for the most part. When they got to Hyeri, they talked about how she never stopped pursuing her goal of music despite her setbacks. She even revealed that she was supposed to be in f(x), but injuries got in the way and she was unable to debut.

Minjung's quick brief was about her skills and how she was constantly in high demand for music videos when she was under SM Entertainment. As she had the longest training time out of all the girls, they noted how patient she was in a sense despite not achieving quick success. After getting to Miseul, they asked the girl to dance as she was a well-known YG trainee who did not make the 2NE1 roster despite her many years of training. They talked about how she found her way to AMENT and asked her about her goals. The PD even joked about her raising 2NE1's height average if she did debut with them.

As Sunri wasn't here, the other girls covered for her and talked about she constantly was doing vocal guides and composing songs to pay for her expenses as her parents did not want her to become a singer. Haneul spoke about how she trained for many years at JYP and how it was quite stressful. She even admit that she had left the company herself due to wanting to take time off and focus on school. This lead to her not debuting with Miss A.

The whole introduction was a quick way to get to the audience's heart and hopefully persua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter