twelve ; past

Answer Me 2009
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ I'm Your Venus! }
 

December 24th, 2010

It was around 11:45 PM.

If the five girls had to be honest, they weren't expecting the CEO to be hosting a little miniature party for all the trainees and artists under the label. Sure, he was pretty darn rich (blame his amount of SM shares that he got from his father that skyrocketed after Super Junior and SNSD hit it big), but most of them thought he wasn't exactly the nicest person. Most of the trainees had to stay at the dorms for Christmas as it was either too expensive to go back home or too far.

Remaining at the company was the Mir4cle girls, Camden, Kyle, Summer, Hyemi, Sungsoo, Taejin, and Taejoon.

In what normally would be a practice room, there stood a medium sized Christmas tree surrounded by neatly (and some not so neatly) wrapped presents. The trainees who did not return home for the holidays sat around it, a bit less gleefully than expected.

"I want go back home to London or maybe Australia or Hong Kong, " complained Camden, playing with some cotton candy that Yoojin had "made" (or perhaps purchased) for them. Kyle rolled his eyes and then said, "What do you even consider your home?"

Camden put his hand on his chin, ly it thoughtful. With a sad smile, he softly responded, "Whever my parents are staying."

Well, that sure struck a nerve for the rest of the trainees. They were unable to spend the eve of Christmas with their families. In attempts to lighten the mood up, Summer quickly hopped over to the music player and plugged her rather bulky iPod into the stand. A grin spread across her face as she went down her music list and pressed play.

LISTEN

Afterwards, she then went back to the group and pulled up Flora to invite her to dance with her.

"Aha, listen boy. My first love story," Summer began, winking playfully at Flora. The girl laughed, pointed at the females in the room, and then continued the song, "My angels."

She then pointed at the boys in the room while smirking mischeviously, "And my girls."

"Uh, uh, let's go!" Summer exclaimed as everyone got up and began to do their own version of the ever so popular song.The two began to dance rather crazily to the beat of the music. After it got to the chorus, Camden immediately got up and begin to shamelessly do the dance. Haneul could not stop herself from laughing as she saw his hair was tied up (kind of N's apple hair).

"Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby, baby," Haneul sang out,

Sometimes they wished all days could be like this, happy and carefree. But they had to fight their way to the top.

January 5th, 2011.

It was around 7:30 in the morning, but the girls nevertheless were happy as they were filming for the teaser and music video while taking pictures for their actual extended play photobook. Though it was slowly, they were getting closer to their debut. It had taken weeks and weeks of practice, but they were almost there. Most of them had trained for more than four years, and that period was gradually coming to an end. They would eventually be able to stand on the stage.

Without a doubt, they were happy. As much as they ahd their differences, they all had one thing at common at least. They had the love and pasison to perform. The five girls of Daydream were inspired to perform, to make others smile.

"You guys are absolutely stunning!" Sumin said, running about with her camera. Though the woman was a vocal coach, she also had taken a minor in film arts. As the company didn't have too much money at their disposal, they tried to cut corners and save money. So, today, she was their photographer instead of their vocal coach who would scold them about improper vocal technique as well as roll her eyes at their attempts to "sing." With a smile, she snapped a few pictures as the makeup artists put finishing touches on their makeup.

The other photographer sighed as this was a bit earlier than he wanted, but he was surprised by the cooperation of the girls. Most of the time, the idols he worked with were a bit crabby and unpredictable. It seemed they knew how to be professional yet still have fun and make everyone feel comfortable.

Once the girls all got into position, the male behind the camera gave them a large grin. With a playful wave at them, he then said, "Smile for the camera girls! Your big day is coming up!"

(From left to right: Miseul, Emi, Star, Hyeri, and Minjung.)

After they were finished, Sumin told them just to hang out and play on the set. They wanted natural pictures in which the girls would be bonding together, and so, they listened to the vocal coach. Yoojin laughed a bit as Miseul and Minjung drew things on their faces. The elders, for the most part, got along pretty well. Though they had their differences, they had managed to work out how to interact with each other.

For the maknaes, it wasn't that easy.

Behind them, Summer and Hyemi were talking about what concepts they wanted to try out.

"I think we should do a hip hop comeback later on. Or maybe more fast beat pop!" the girl exclaimed, nodding her head. Hyemi nodded, thinking about how the older girl could rock that concept well.

"What about jazz?" asked Hyemi. "We could wear really cool dresses and the music video would look really cool."

After that, silence fell upon the two. They weren't exactly comfortable with each other, so, they didn't have much to say.

But they would have to fix this for the future as they were the maknae line, and the youngest usually got along with each other. They preferred different things, and they had yet to figure out what they had in common.

(From left to right: Miseul, Minjung, and Hyeri.)

After the photoshoot was finished, the girls began the return to their dorm along with the male trainees (who appeared in the music video as extras). They all got into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter