Chapter 48

The Art Of Love []

Jaejoong's P.O.V.


"Why don't you do something about it?" Yunho asked. I was already in his arms, his familiar scent was feeling my senses and I felt extremely safe for the first time in such a long time. We weren't together anymore and it's been a while, but he still managed to make me feel like no one could ever harm me as long as he's close by. I loved that feeling of comfort that just shined out of him.

"What?" I asked back, much more calm then I was just a moment ago. "I'm scared Yunho."

"Why? There's no reason for you to be scared."

"I don't want to get rejected." I admitted quietly, looking down and slowly pulling away.

"Are you kidding me?" he chuckled, I shot him a look.

"Do I look like it?" I barked back, my eyes filled with tears again in contrast to my voice. These days it seemed like I couldn't keep them in tact.

"Minwoo would never reject you." He shook his head as if he didn't believe I could even think that. Maybe he was right and I was just too blind to see it. All this time.

"You think... there is hope?" the moment I said it I felt sick for being so pathetically lost. But there was nothing I could do about it... except...


Changmin's P.O.V.


"Baby... come back to bed..." I almost whined, watching my boyfriend get dressed.

"I can't... I have stuff to do." He said, taking his bag already and preparing to go out.

"You're not gonna tell me?" I asked, sitting up in bed and watching him. He looked back for a long moment, then sighed slightly and sat down.

"Dongwan is bugging me." He admitted. I looked at him in surprise, not seeing why he would be bothered by his brother. "I mean, seriously... what is he thinking? Hyesung is so in love with him, the guy practically lives for him and what does he do? Nothing." He rambled, shaking his head and grabbing a pen to scribble random notes on some piece of paper he found.

I bit my lip for a moment, waiting to see if he was gonna continue, but he kept quiet.

"And what does that have to do with you wanting to escape my morning cuddling?" I smirked, trying not to chuckle at his cuteness.

"I-I thought I should do something about it." He admitted.

"Like what?"

"Like... maybe go and talk to him about it?" he asked back, obviously not feeling so sure about it now that I was questioning him.

"Junsu..." I said cutely, reaching to him and taking his hand before pulling him back to bed. "You're so cute." I smirked, leaning down to kiss his cheeks.

"Yah... stop..." he laughed so lovingly.

"You have no idea how much of a turn on this is..." I teased, knowing he won't catch on to it.

"Really?" he raised his eyebrow, looking at me almost seductively, just like I imagined he would and I bit my tongue not to laugh again.

"Really..." I nodded, staying like that for a moment, but then pulling away. "But back to Dongwan..." I smirked, releasing Junsu completely. "I doubt he'll need help... I think he planned it all... we just need to wait and see."

"Yeah?" he asked and I looked down at him, widening his eyes as he was already half again. "Okay then... come back here." And he pulled me back down for a kiss.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


I gathered all my stuff and struggled as I walked out of the class before most of the people, thinking about a thousand stuff I still had left to do.

"Hyesung!" I turned around to see Junjin walking quickly after me.

"Jin." I smiled, waiting for him.

"I wanted to ask you about your exhibition. When is it?" he asked.

"Next Thursday. When is yours?" I asked back.

"Friday." He smiled. "Okay, well, I just wanted to know. I still have a lot of stuff to finish before it." He added.

"Yeah, me too." I nodded. "Yunho's not waiting for you today?" I asked in surprise, it was weird not to see the brunette around, waiting for his boyfriend.

"He had to go to Jaejoong again." He replied and I raised my eyebrow slightly.

"You don't have a problem with it, do you?" I had to ask.

"Of course not. I trust Yunho." He smiled. "Besides, I know Jaejoong loves Minwoo... it's just slightly weird that they're still so close." He added nevertheless.

"They've always been best friends, way before they've even gotten together." I explained. "Besides, what they have is really special, you shouldn't be jealous of it."

"I'm not jealous, I'm glad they have each other... I just have this feeling like... I'm not close enough with Yunho. And even though I know that probably isn't true... I wish there was something I could do about it." Junjin simply said.

"Talk to him." Was all I could answer before I left him alone.


Eric's P.O.V.


I walked down the hall, reading my book for the exam I'm having next week when I ran into Minwoo.

"Minwoo, hey!" I greeted him cheerfully, putting my book down and into my bag.

"Hey Eric." He replied back, smiling too, but obviously not being near as happy. I looked at what he was looking at. It was a poster for Jaejoong's exhibition. Yoochun reminded me a couple of times already, just in case I forget.

"Oh... Jae's exhibition... Chun says he's done some amazing work this year." I said, smiling. I heard so much about it - I felt like I could imagine those pictures already and I just couldn't wait to actually see them. "You're coming, right?"

"I... I really don't think so." Minwoo looked away from the poster and shook his head. I looked at him in disbelief.

"What?" I couldn't keep my mouth shut. "How can you not come? It's Jaejoong's exhibition. Remember the guy you've been chasing around the whole year, the guy you're supposedly in love with?" I continued.

"I'm not coming." He looked at me sternly. "I gained nothing good out of that... infatuation."

"Infatuation? Was it all it was?" I almost yelled angrily. I couldn't believe what he was saying now. And I felt the strong urge to protect Jaejoong. I could understand Yunho now.

"Maybe... I probably just lied to myself again." He replied.

"You're giving up?"

"It's about time."


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"He's not coming." I stared at him in disbelief. Did I just hear him well? It was Jaejoong's exhibition tonight and Minwoo was not coming? What the...

"What?"

"He kind of said he's giving up." Eric scratched the back of his head, sighing a bit. I shook my head.

"He can't give up... come on..." I rubbed my temples, wondering why I - why we were even trying. I glanced at the clock, the exhibition was gonna start in two hours. Eric was already fully dressed, only waiting for me so we could go.

"I don't think we can stop him... only Jaejoong can."


Jaejoong's P.O.V.


I walked around the gallery, looking at my own work, my mind... well, I didn't know it was possible, but hectic and blank at the same time. Million things were rushing through it, but none of them made sense nor were they connected one to another. I looked good tonight, my outfit perfect, my hair styled in the best way ever, my work poured in front of everyone's feet tonight, my best work so far. I looked good, but I still felt extremely anxious.

Is he gonna come?

"Jaejoong, we'll start soon." My professor told me and I gave him a small smile as I nodded. I was too calm on the outside - no one would ever tell how nervous I was. I guess that was my own disguise.

I looked around. How come I never noticed the gallery was already full with people? Walking around, talking, examining me through my work. I didn't mind, I was just... surprised.

"Hello everyone," my professor started talking and I looked at him. His lips moving as he obviously opened the exhibition, but I couldn't hear a sound. My thoughts didn't let me hear...

"Hello. I would like to thank you all for coming here tonight." I heard myself speaking. "This exhibition is the result not only of this year's work of mine, but much more... it expresses my inner world throughout the years. I know I'm not that old..." I even joked, hearing a couple of people chuckling. "...but this is just a story about my maturing, my emotions, my life and everything that crumbled its peace this past couple of years." I continued, smiling a bit as I looked around at my pictures.

"And I'm thankful for that. Thank you all my friends, my family... everyone who has been with me, by my side, watching me and guiding me. And especially that one special person who's been by my side the shortest period of time, but who had a big role in making me who I am today. You helped me realize a lot of things, recognize myself and that's why I dedicate this exhibition to you." I said, gaining all my courage all of the sudden.

"And I finally recognize you now, I finally know you. I finally understand you. And I love you for that." I whispered the last sentence.

"I love you, Lee Minwoo."