Chapter 30

The Art Of Love []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"... and then you add milk... like this." I continued, pouring some milk into my soon-to-be great cake. Heechul stood next to me, following my every move.

"Are you writing that down, baby?" He turned around to ask his boyfriend.

"The things I'm doing for you..." Donghae sighed, but continued writing. Heechul grinned and turned back to me.

"Okay, then what?" He asked, anxiously looking at me. I laughed.

"You're really enjoying this?"

"You have no idea." Donghae answered instead and both Heechul and I laughed.

Eric walked into the kitchen.

"Hey guys, did you see Marshy?" He asked, slightly panicking.

"Yoochun took her for a walk." I replied, mixing the ingredients. "Take over." I said to Heechul, handing him the spoon. I looked at Eric. "Don't worry, she's just fine."

"I'm not worried." He said smiling brightly. "So, Yoochun took her you say?"


Yoochun's P.O.V.


Marshy ran back to me, tennis ball in .

"Good girl." I grinned, taking the ball and throwing it again. I watched her run after it and a minute later she was running back to me again. I kneeled down, caressing her head and looking into her eyes. "Hey there, beauty." I smiled as she my hand. "You know I haven't had such a fun time in a while." I continued.

I sighed. It was funny how being with this dog gave me comfort. Marshy made me laugh, made me happy. Maybe because she reminded me of Eric. She was my link to Eric. I have to stop thinking about him.

"You're just like your owner." I said to her. She titled her head, looking at me. I chuckled. "Adorable."

I stood up and we started walking back home. I needed to talk to someone.

"You know, Marshy, I'm in love with your daddy." I chuckled at my choice of words. I sounded like Eric. "Too bad I have to pretend like I don't care. I have to do it for my brother, you know." I continued, sadly kicking a rock that got into my way. Marshy barked. "What do you say? I don't have to do it? Oh, but I do."

I sighed again. "He's my brother. And he likes Eric too. Family comes first you know... although I'd give everything to hold him. Even just for a moment." I said glancing at Marshy, who was walking beside me. What a pair we were... "So, I'm lying to Eric. I'm avoiding him and pretending like I don't want to have anything with him." I paused. "Why are you hanging out with me, I'm too depressive to keep you company." I laughed as we reached the house.

"Okay, you can't tell Eric anything I just said to you." I stopped to look down at her. She barked again. "It's a secret. You promised." I smiled and opened the door to let her into the house.


Eric's P.O.V.


"There you are." I smiled, looking down at Marshy, who happily barked and jumped up at me. I hugged my dog and she sat down, against my leg as I looked over at Yoochun.

"You don't mind? I took her for a walk." Yoochun asked taking off his jacket.

"Jaejoong told me." I replied. "Of course I don't mind. I'm happy you guys are getting along." Yoochun smiled walking over and patting Marshy's head.

"Great." He replied looking at me. "So, what did guys plan for us today?" he asked walking further into the house. "And where is everybody anyway?"

"Hyesung sent Minwoo and Dongwan to buy some things he needs for dinner, Yunho and Junjin are somewhere in the house, Jaejoong, Heechul and Donghae are in the kitchen and Junsu and Changmin are still sleeping." I replied.

"Of course." Yoochun said. Changmin and Junsu always wake up last.

My love walked into the kitchen and I followed.

"Oh, you came back." Donghae said smiling and putting the pen down.

"Who told you to stop?" Heechul asked looking at his boyfriend.

"You're a beast." Donghae glared back at him, then pouted and started writing again.

"Did you have fun?" Jae turned to look at Yoochun and then Marshy, who was peeking into the kitchen, knowing she's not allowed to enter.

"Yeah, we had a great time." Yoochun grinned beautifully and I smiled as well, glancing at my Marshy and mouthing 'good girl'. She waved her tail and turned to go for a nap in the corner. "I could easily get used to living with her. She's such an angel." I was so proud and happy.

"I see you got new best friend." Jae sighed, pretending to be hurt and turned back to his cake. Yoochun laughed and walked over to him, hugging him from behind.

"Jealous?" he asked. I knew I was. Jae got a hug that I could only dream about.

"Go away and hug your Marshy." Jae replied, trying to suppress laughter.

"Oh, I will." Yoochun laughed, releasing Jae.

"She's taking a nap." I said.

"So, Chunnie can't disturb your princess?" Jae asked. "You're such a dork when it comes to that dog." He laughed.

"He's such a dork period." Heechul corrected and I pouted.

"Why don't you hug Eric instead?" Donghae said suddenly. Jae stopped what he was doing and looked back at us, then at Donghae. Heechul stayed silent and I looked at Yoochun, who seemed to be frozen to the spot. "What? It's the same as hugging his dog."

Donghae laughed at his lame joke. Heechul joined him and Jae looked like he tried to laugh too. Yoochun glanced away and I just stood there. Feeling like an idiot.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"Yunho..." he knocked on the door and walked in without waiting for my response.

"Yeah?" I asked glancing up to look at him. I put away the script instantly.

"Can we talk? I didn't interrupt you?"

"No, no, it's okay. Of course we can talk." I smiled, patting the bed, motioning to him to sit down.

"Thanks." He said walking over and sitting down. I waited for him to start talking. "I know that we agreed that I won't talk about... him..."

"About Eric." I interrupted. "You can say his name, he's my best friend. And it's not that I said that you couldn't talk about him, I just..."

"Yeah, alright, you know what I mean." He cut me off. I decided to keep quiet and hear what he had to say. "I just have to say something. I... I don't know what to do with myself anymore." He said looking down. I felt my heart sink, watching him like this. He paused and I waited patiently.

"He talked to me. He... rejected me." I listened in shock. How come Eric didn't tell me anything? "Well, it's not like we talked about me liking him or anything. Actually, he wasn't even aware of what he was doing to me with that talk." So, he said something else. "He told me he loves Yoochun." Junjin finally spit it out and looked down.

I didn't know what to say. I understood why Jin used word 'he' though. He wasn't able to say Eric's name after what happened. It must've hurt him too much to do so. Afterall, he found out that his crush is in love with none other then his own brother.

"He loves Yoochun!" he yelled suddenly, startling me. "Yunho, I... I don't know what to do now." He looked at me.

"I don't think you can do anything." I sighed. "You'll just have to accept it. I hate for telling you this, especially since I know you don't need to be told, you know it already. And I know it hurts and you'd like to change it somehow, but you just have to accept it."

"I don't know what to do with myself. It just hurts so much." He whispered. He looked like he was gonna start crying any moment now. I quickly pulled him into my arms, muffling his sob with my chest. "I don't want to give up... I don't want to accept it..." he cried, holding onto me.

I rubbed his back silently, letting him cry it all out. It took something like this to hold him in my arms. I kept asking myself: where the hell do I fit in?


Junsu's P.O.V.


Cold woke me up. I kept having weird, pointless dreams that either upset me either made me even more tired. I was sick of it, sick of this feeling that surrounded me. I was so... lonely.

I looked around me. It must have been pretty late, but I couldn't care less. Finally, I glanced at the pillows on my left side and further, at Changmin. He was sleeping quite peacefully, facing me. He was so... beautiful.

I bit my lip and sat up, then carefully leaned over the pillows, closer to Minnie. I smiled as my face inched closer to his and, before I could stop myself, my lips landed on his. I tasted him for a brief moment, but then he stirred and I quickly moved away.

I jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom. Again. Another round of cold showers.


Changmin's P.O.V.


"It's New Years Eve! It's New Years Eve!" Eric half-sang, half-yelled and I was sure the whole house was preparing to kill him in the next half an hour. It happened every year in dorms, why would this be any different? Just because we were his friends? I was sure it won't help him this time.

"Hyung, will you please stop it?" I begged for millionth time that evening.

"Minnie, you're so... urgh... fine, then, you're majoring singing, you sing!" he replied finally.

"I'm not gonna sing." I laughed.

"See? I gave you the opportunity to outshine me, but you refused. Coward!" he mocked me. Who's the coward now? I smirked, we never finished that game.

Eric started yelling again and I quickly stood up, not being able to take it anymore. As I exited the living room I ran into Yunho.

"Save us all." I said to him and proceeded to the kitchen.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


"Eric, I think that was enough." I could hear Yunho talking to his best friend in a 'You just made appa extremely angry' way. I chuckled and walked into the living room. Eric was sitting next to the Christmas tree, pouting at Yunho, who was standing not so far away from him. Yunho crossed his arms in an attempt to look scarier. I watched their staring competition for a couple of moments, before they both burst out laughing.

"You guys will never change." I shook my head laughing as well.

"Oh, Sungie, why would we change?" Yunho asked looking at me. "We're perfect as it is."

"Conceited too." I joked back.

"But you love us for that!" Eric added grinning.

"You're right." I nodded. "Dinner is ready boys." I added and smiled as both of them raced to the dining room. I shook my head, suddenly feeling like umma. Scary.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


"Thanks Hyesung, dinner was great!" Changmin said smiling brightly at Sungie.

"Thanks Minnie." He replied as we busied ourselves to clean up the mess as quickly as possible. "I actually have something up my sleeve."

"You mean, I have." Jae looked at him and Hyesung chuckled.

"You're right."

"I wouldn't call it 'having something up your sleeve'. Most of us already know what it is." Dongwan rolled his eyes and the rest laughed.

"You guys are no fun." Jae and Sungie pouted at the same time, causing us to laugh even harder. "See if you get something now."

"Awww..." Eric said, nudging Yunho, who tried to stop laughing, but it didn't turn out well.

"Sungie hyung, Jae hyung, ignore them! I was a good boy, I deserve it!" Min said innocently. I admired the boy's ability to contain his laughter.

"Good boy... yeah right..." Junsu scoffed and the rest of the guys looked at each other, smirking devilishly.

"Is there a time when you're not hungry, Min?" I asked looking at the tall boy in front of me.

"Let me think about it... no." Changmin replied, grinning, then turned back to Jaejoong. "So, am I getting it?"

"Oh, you'll get it." Heechul replied and the sound of laughter filled the kitchen all over again.

"You ! I want that cake!" Changmin spat and Jae raised his perfectly shaped eyebrow at him.

"And look at his figure..." Hyesung said to me. "How does he make it?"

"Let's ask Junsu." I said. Guys snickered at that and Junsu threw me a dirty look.

Finally, all the dirty dishes were washed and Jaejoong took the cake out of the fridge. As he and Heechul cut it for us, we went to the living room. Dongwan and Junjin went to get drinks for us and I went to put some music on. I sat down just in time for the cake. Jae, Heechul, Jin and Wannie returned. Everything was ready.

"Okay, let's get this party started!" Heechul smiled raising his glass.

We ate the cake, then stood up to dance. The party got heated as the music filled our beings and the alcohol started kicking in. After about three hours of drinking and dancing, we finally decided to take a break.

"Alright, what are we gonna do now?" Dongwan asked. "Anyone has an idea?"

"We could always talk." Eric said.

"And hear your lame jokes. No thanks." Yunho replied. "Besides, we talk all the time... let's..."

"Let's play a game!" Changmin cut him off.

"Ooh, that could be interesting." I nodded looking at my friends.

"Okay, but what?" Sungie asked. We all shut up, thinking.

"How about... This is gonna sound lame, but since we don't have anything better to do..." Donghae started.

"Oh god... just say it!" We groaned.

"How about... truth AND dare?"