Chapter 27

The Art Of Love []

Eric's P.O.V.


Dongwan and I ran into the hallway just in time to see Marshmallow on top of... Yoochun? We stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do. Marshy Yoochun's face happily and he was laughing and trying to get her off of him. I could hear the rest of our friends come behind us and look at the scene.

"Eric... do something. It's your dog." Dongwan finally said, nudging me slightly.

"Marshy!" I called finally and stepped closer, grabbing my dog and pulling her off Yoochun. She barked happily and obediently sat down next to my leg. I stepped forward again and helped Yoochun stand up. "Yoochunah, I'm so sorry."

"Thanks." He replied standing up, but didn't pay attention to me. "Don't apologize, she's adorable!" he said smiling broadly and kneeled down in front of Marshmallow, caressing her head and back. If she was a cat she'd purr, that's how contented she looked.

I watched the two of them smiling brightly. Yoochun focused on her, he started playing with her right there, forgetting about all of us. He liked her. And my baby enjoyed the attention he was giving to her so much, she was melting. He had the same effect on her like he had on me. I was so proud of my dog at that moment. She managed to do something I wasn't capable of. She managed to enchant Yoochun.

A couple of minutes passed as all of us watched them, but then Junsu broke the silence.

"Well, guys, welcome!" he smiled and, for the first time I noticed JunJin still standing next to the door. Looking at me.


Junjin's P.O.V.


Eric finally noticed me and gave a small smile. I smiled back the best I could. Yoochun was the centre of the attention again. Eric's attention. It hurt me to see him buying my love's attention with love he was giving to his dog. Especially since I wasn't the one who'd pay attention to animals, who'd play with them and just act like I cared. Yoochun didn't need to act and that annoyed me even more.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


I chuckled, finally getting up and looking at Eric.

"So, this is Marshmallow?" I said although I already knew the answer. JaeJoong told me everything about Eric's dog and how much he loved her.

"Yeah, that's my girl." Eric replied looking down at her affectionately. "Sorry, she got you all dirty. I don't know what got into her, she's usually shy around new people."

"Eric." I said looking at him. "Stop apologizing. And it doesn't matter if she got me slightly dirty, I enjoyed playing with her. She's such a beautiful dog." I said smiling down at adorable animal, who was looking up at me, waving her tail. I chuckled again and looked up at the rest of the guys.

"Hey." I said smiling and they all laughed at my dorkiness. Dongwan walked over to Junjin and helped him with our bags.

"You guys must be hungry." Changmin said quickly. "We already started eating."

"Alright, we'll be there in a minute." I replied and turned to Junsu to ask about the bathroom. I glanced at Eric and Marshmallow one last time before going to make myself ready for dinner.


Yunho's P.O.V.


I stood behind Eric, watching the whole scene. But unlike the others, I was looking at JunJin. He was struggling to hide his reaction to all that was happening, but I could tell he was extremely jealous of his brother.

What a sick love triangle... Park brothers and my best friend. Where do I fit in that whole drama?


Jaejoong's P.O.V.


The rest of the evening passed by pleasantly. I kept looking at Minwoo for some reason though. I was so obvious that he noticed and came over to sit next to me.

"You're making this so much easier for me." He said smiling.

"Drop it Minwoo." I replied, not looking at him.

"You were watching me today." He smirked again, reaching over to move my hair out of my eyes and I moved away to avoid the contact.

"Out of curiosity. I thought you were afraid of dogs." I replied simply.

"Marshy is my friend." Minwoo replied leaning against the couch we were sitting on. "She understands me better then most of the people around me." He said quietly, his tone again getting serious. So unlike Lee Minwoo. I have to stop letting him make me change my opinion about him. He paused. "Sometimes I prefer spending time with one dog that truly loves me and appreciates the time I'm giving her, then with people who could turn and stab your back."

"You don't trust people?"

"It's funny you're asking me that." Minwoo replied. "You out of all people, you, who's so careful."

"I trust people." I replied.

"No, you don't." he said half-laughing. "You're so afraid of getting hurt that you don't let anyone approach you." I listened to him with wide eyes. "Did he hurt you that much?" His words were suddenly so sharp, getting straight to the point. I glanced at Yunho, surprised to see him watching us intently.

"No." I replied looking down. I didn't know why I kept going on with this conversation. I rarely talked to Minwoo. Even when we were all friends, spending so much time together. Even then, when we talked it was something totally irrelevant. This was the first time our conversation was this serious. And topic so... tricky.

"So, it's me then?" he sighed. "I'm the one you don't trust." I stayed silent. "See JaeJoong? We're not that different afterall." He paused again. "Sometimes you have to take the risk to get what you want. Or to make things better. To live. Getting hurt is part of living too." He finished getting up. "I'm tired guys, I'm going to bed." His words traveled to my ears, but I didn't register them anymore.

Getting hurt is part of living to. Should I take the risk?


Hyesung's P.O.V.


The day was finally over. I was so tired, I couldn't wait to go to bed.

Dongwan and I finally made up. More or less. Enough for him not to stay in the living room, but sleep with me instead.


Flashback

I broke down. I didn't want anything from him anymore, I didn't want him to touch me, to call me, to comfort me. I didn't need anything from Dongwan. Or that's what I wanted to believe in. I cried so hard I finally gave in, letting him bring me to his arms.

He was trying to calm me down, repeating my name and rubbing my back in a soothing manner, but I was acting like a spoiled brat I am. Finally he lifted me up and brought me inside and upstairs to his bed who was supposed to be mine during this winter break. Just mine. I cried harder.

"Sungie, please, please tell me what's wrong." He said pushing my hair from my face and brushing my tears away. It was pointless as new tears replaced them as soon as his hands moved away. "Stop crying and talk to me. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for... everything..." he said hugging me again.

"Wannie..." I sobbed, but started to calm down, knowing that I had to tell him something. "Dongwan..."

He released me and looked at me, waiting for that explanation.

"I should be sorry." I said looking down as I wiped the rest of my tears. "I... I was so selfish." I said, knowing it was truth. This was it. I'll have to accept it even though it hurts. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you simply because I couldn't say it myself." I continued. "I'm pushing you away... because I don't know what else to do... Ever since Minwoo and I broke up you've been there for me more then usual. You've been taking care of me and it's just not fair to you. It's not fair to me either." I said. He was looking at me, still confused.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you must have someone by your side. I'm too attached to you, I'm burdening you and I'm not helping myself." I let it all out.

"Hyesung..." he started. "You're not burdening me, I have you and I'm happy because of that."

"But... You won't be there for me forever and I don't want to... I already need you too much." I cried.

"Who said I'll ever leave you?" he chuckled. "Don't cry, silly. You're so... I can't believe this. I need you too, what would I do without you?"

"But..." I still fought, not wanting to believe it. "But you'll have someone who'll make you happy, you already need that someone."

"Stop." He said finally and hugged me again. "You already make me so happy. I don't need anyone else."

End of Flashback


He calmed me down. I changed into my pajamas and got into the bed, thinking about it all.

"Are you okay now?" Wannie interrupted my thoughts as he pulled the covers and got in the bed as well. I nodded and he opened his arms. I snuggled into him, closing my eyes.

Let's not change this, Sungie. Just... relax and forget about it. Tomorrow is another day.


Changmin's P.O.V.


"So, this is the bed." I smirked looking at the big bed in front of me. I'll be able to sleep in it. Of course I will. With Kim Junsu.

"Yep." He nodded not looking at me, but taking his clothes off. I nodded as well, taking some stuff out of my bag.

By the time I was done with unpacking he came back from the bathroom. It was my turn to shower and change. As I stepped back into the room he was already in the bed. I sighed and walked up to him. I pulled the covers.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, turning away from him. "Whoever told you not to sleep in pajamas?"

"It's my room and my bed." He replied. "I'm used to sleep in nothing but boxers. If you don't like it there's always floor."

I looked down. Cold floor. Not good option.

"Move." I simply said and he rolled to the other side of the bed. I slipped in silently. "If you try something..."

"Don't think so high of yourself. For a change." He muttered.

"I'm not thinking high of myself, you just... We both know what kind of a bastard you are." I replied looking at him.

"Who are you calling bastard, jerk?"

"You. It's the truth."

"Why you..."

"We both know what happened... numerous times." I cut him off.

"Again, you're taking credits for that..."

"Of course." I smirked and he sat up, glaring at me.

"What now? You're saying it's not truth?" I asked after a couple of moments of staring at each other.

"Of course it's not."

"Yeah right." I scoffed.

"It's not!" he was getting angry. I chuckled.

"I can always prove you wrong."

"Yeah right." It was his turn to scoff.

"Are you daring me to do it?" I asked.

"You just can't resist me." He said. "You want to touch this y body of mine."

"y body, my @ss."

"You said it yourself."

"No, that was you." I replied. "I have a proof for that too." I said pointing to my cell phone, resting next to the bed. He blushed and sink back onto the bed.

"Bastard..." he muttered.

"But you want me." I replied laying down as well and turning my back to him. He didn't reply. I smiled, satisfied with myself.

Silence. He's taking too long for a comeback.

"Junsu?" I turned around. He was facing me, already asleep. I smiled again, watching him. He looked like an angel. Key word is 'looked'. God knows he is not one.

I my lips and reached to touch his cheek, but stopped myself.

How am I gonna fall asleep now?