Chapter 45

The Art Of Love []

Jaejoong's P.O.V.


As soon as those words left my mouth I knew I made a terrible mistake. I watched him look at me with such a hurt expression on his face and I felt like I just hurt myself more then I could ever him. I have no idea why I said it, I guess I just wanted to distance myself from him. I couldn't even remember the reason for it anymore.

He didn't say anything, just slowly shook his head and stepped back, then quickly went away and out of the club.

"Minwoo!" I called, moving after him, going out as well and trying to catch up to him.

"Leave me alone." He replied quietly, but I didn't let him go like that. I had to do something.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way." I said, slightly desperately. That made him turn around.

"Yes you did. You wouldn't have said it otherwise." He said firmly, looking at me. "And you're right. I kept lying to myself. I let myself believe you felt the same."

"Minwoo..." I tried again, but still didn't bring myself to say it. Is it that hard?

"Yeah, so... you were obviously right. I guess I needed to hear it..." he said, hurt evident in both his voice and the way he looked at me. When did I become the bad guy here? It made me angry. He was the jerk, not I.

"Yeah, well... I shouldn't have said it like that... but you never managed to make me trust you." I said back.

"What?" Minwoo looked at me in shock. "I didn't make you trust me? Are you listening to yourself? I've been running after you for months, I've been trying to show you I'm not the person you and everyone else see me as. I tried everything Jaejoong, I seriously can't think of anything else to do to make you trust me - as you nicely put it." He finished sarcastically. I remained silent as he waited for some sort of a reply.

"You know..." he started again, sighing slightly. "I'm seriously starting to think this all is just not worth it." He shook his head in disappointment and backed away from me once again, brushing it all with his hand before he turned around again and started walking back to the dorms.

It's not worth it? I'm not worth you?


Hyesung's P.O.V.


I was lying down on my bed. It was already near midnight and I knew I had to get up early, but I didn't feel like sleeping at all. Thoughts invaded my mind and for the first time in months I wasn't thinking just about my relationship with Dongwan. I was thinking about all of our friends and it made me feel ashamed about how selfish I was this whole year. Thinking only about myself, doing my business and not paying attention to anyone. It hurt to think that I wasn't a good friend to them.

But what bugged me the most was the fact that our little group of friends seemed... kind of lost. More or less. What happened to us really? It seemed like Yunho and Junjin... and of course, Heechul and Donghae were the only one who had found some sort of happiness. At least they had each other. The rest of us had each other, but that wasn't enough, it was clear most of us, if not all were absolutely miserable. In some way or another we hoped for a lot of things this year, but the end of the year is driving closer and this depressive thought is crawling into my mind, this question - will we accomplish something? Anything at all?

I know it might be the fact that I'm all cold and alone for the most of my time, especially in the evenings, especially now. I know maybe that's the reason for my pessimistic mood, but can anyone blame me?

Yoochun and Eric, Jaejoong and Minwoo, Changmin and Junsu... and I. It's like... it's exactly like Junsu said tonight - are we slow or just playing stupid? You'd think that being a college student, a grown-up will help you comprehend some things, help you mature. But what happened to us?

I still couldn't believe what Junsu told me today. I didn't want to accept it, I still can't. Changmin to place a bet on turning Junsu gay? Alright, maybe he could've done that. But to go that far, to pretend like that? That's just too much, impossible. I knew Minnie that much, he wouldn't be able to do that. And I know the way he played with Junsu - yes played, in the beginning, but then I also remember the way he watched him, he acted around him later. And I know that boy loved Su. As much as Su loved him, if not more.

Of course, when I said all that to Junsu he didn't want to believe me. I understand him, if I were in the same situation I wouldn't either. And that makes me think... Love is blind, heart takes over common sense - when it comes to trust and believing the person we love heart's afraid it'll eventually break. We don't like changes, we don't like risks. And there's nothing you could do about it... until the time comes when you simply can't take it anymore.

We're neither slow nor playing stupid. We're simply in love.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


I sighed as I walked into my and Hyesung's room and put my bag down. I looked up then and smiled, surprised to see Hyesung still up.

"Hey. You're still awake?" I said, walking to the bathroom and washing my hands, then grabbing my clothes.

"Yeah, I can't sleep." He replied and I looked back at him.

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Nah... go, take a shower, then I'll tell you." He gave me a small smile and I nodded, going to bathroom and quickly washing myself. As I went back Hyesung smiled and motioned for me to come over to him.

"Now tell me." I smiled as I laid down next to him.

"I missed you." He simply said, snuggling into me, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"I'm sorry Sungie... I'm sick of apologizing, but I'm truly sorry." I started.

"Don't apologize, just... tell me you missed me too." He said quietly and I smiled.

"I missed you too, I do every day." I replied softly, kissing his forehead and looking down at him. I could see him smile as his facial expression changed into a much calmer one.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


That's all I needed... maybe we'll get what we're looking for afterall.


Eric's P.O.V.


"Come on... are you sure they're there?" Yoochun asked me as he held my hand, tugging my arm slightly in the direction of my room. I could only stare at him and follow.

"They should be." I nodded, watching him in awe as he happily moved further towards it, finally stopping in front of it and looking back at me before knocking on the door.

"It's my room, you know... I don't need to knock..." I replied.

"Oh yeah..." he laughed, pushing the door open and stepping in, pulling me with him.

"Guys..." Yunho said and I could see a shirtless Junjin sitting on his lap.

"Ah hyung..." Yoochun made a face, looking away. "Yunho is fully covered, right?" he whispered to me.

"He is." I whispered back, nodding slightly. "Why are we whispering?" he shrugged and I looked back at the couple in front of us, groaning as I noticed something else. "Eww guys, that's my bed."

"What? Hyung that's disgusting." Yoochun looked back at his brother.

"He's saying 'eww'?" Junjin laughed, looking at my best friend who just nodded and laughed as well. "That's so gay."

"You're the one to talk." I responded.

"Yeah! Manw.hore." Yoochun added, then chuckled, blushing slightly. "I mean... you used to be." Junjin just shot him a look.

"I believe you had something to tell us." Yunho cut in, looking at me with a knowing smirk.

"How did you know?" I asked back, but Yoochun nudged me.

"We're together... that's a rare sight." He explained and I nodded.

"It was until now." I corrected.

"Does that mean... ?" Yunho wiggled his eyebrows playfully and chuckled as Junjin jumped off him - well, it was about time - and ran towards us to hug us.

"Hyung... your shirt first... please." Yoochun quickly said, putting his hands in front of us both and Junjin obediently nodded and started searching for his shirt as the rest of us snickered.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I went out of the bathroom and took one last look at the mirror, examining my outfit. I glanced over at Changmin who seemed to be so deep into what he's been reading. I shrugged, grabbing my jacket and opening the door to step out.

"I'm going. Bye." I called, glancing at him one more time before I closed the door behind me.


Changmin's P.O.V.


"Bye." I said quietly as the door closed, then looked up from my book. He went out again. I knew how the night will end and I just couldn’t take it anymore.

I stood up and walked up to the closet, picking out something to wear, then went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

If he can do it, I can too.