Chapter 20- Afraid of another broken heart

A new love can heal an old one

"Daehyunssi where is ShinHye?" SooRim asked him.

"She didn't come to school today. Maybe shes sick." He answered.

"Oh jeongmal? Oppa lets go visit ShinHye! Daehyun you should come too!" She told him.

"Neh I'll meet you guys there," he agreed. SooRim got on the back of DaeJung's bike.

"Oh hyung!" DaeJung waved to YongHwa. He was walking to his car. "Did you hear? ShinHye is sick today we're going to visit her."

"You should go too!" SooRim encouraged him.

"Maybe later," he told them. He will see her to confront her about that fight they had yesterday. But first he'll need to get her a present.

"SooRim, DaeJung thank you guys for visiting." She smiled seeing her friends.

"Feel better ShinHye," DaeJung told her.

"Hwaiting ShinHye!" SooRim fist pumped the air. She woke up this morning with a high fever, the regular flu. Yesterday she stayed out in the rain crying from the fight.

"ShinHye someone is here to see you," she smiled bringing in YongHwa. SooRim and DaeJung dashed out of her bedroom immediately.

"Omma-" ShinHye called but her mom closed the door.

"How are you feeling?" He asked holding a necklace box behind his back.

"Get out," she told him.

"Look I know you're lying about yesterday. I don't know why but maybe you can explain it-"

"Get out! I wasn't lying about yesterday or now! You're making me feel even worse." She coughed into her napkin.

"Fine I'll leave you alone," he kept the present actually giving up for good. She is the first girl he wanted to stay faithful too. The first girl to truly make him care.

Later on Daehyun came over serving her chicken noodle soup and giving her a beautiful charm bracelet. Her mom, Jimmy, and friends knew something was wrong. But stayed by her side supporting her no matter what her decision was. But as the days went by ShinHye became more sad and to herself. Slowly slipping back into the school obsessed chick. YongHwa never stopped thinking about her, never stopped loving her, but he stopped trying to get her to look his way. Even Daehyun saw how unhappy she was.

"Are you alright?" He asked her one school day.

"Neh, waeyo?" She didn't take her eyes off her study notes.

"You seem down," he tells her.

"Mianhe if I'm crushing mood," she kept focusing on her notes.

"I just want you to be happy ShinHye," Daehyun got up leaving the library. He knew what to do but he didn't like it. He met with YongHwa at YakiNiku.

"What do you want?" He asked regretting showing up.

"Look ShinHye isn't happy," he began.

"It's not my fault you can't satisfy your girlfriend. Why does this concern me?" He asked.

"Because she loves you, not me." Daehyun admitted.

"Ahni you're her boyfriend. I'm nothing to her and she's nothing to me." He got up leaving the restaurant. Daehyun followed after him.

"Gojimal! She's everything to you. You're everything to her. I couldn't bear seeing it but its true. Without you she's become indifferent. I don't see her smiling anymore. I love her but I'm not the one who has her heart. Please be true to your feelings and go to her. I just want her to be happy again," he begged him.

YongHwa listened to every word then left without saying one.

"Yah! Let's go to the mall I heard theres a big sale going on!" SooRim whined.

"We have to study," ShinHye refused.

"On what? All final exams are over! You just want to keep yourself focused on this so that you don't have to think about him!" SooRim stuck her tongue out at her. Slamming her bedroom door. She was right though.

"ShinHye! Daehyun is here to see you," her mom called out to her. They spoke outside.

"I'm handing you over to him," he came clean.

"Eh?"

"You're not happy with me are you? Don't lie because I can tell." He kept staring up at the clouds.

"Daehyunssi," she looked at him.

"I want you to be happy just remember that," he repeated before he left. She didn't understand when he said he's handing her over to him. Before he drove away he added, "go to YakiNiku at five o clock. ShinHyessi, a new love heals an old one."

"He broke up with me," she said to herself. She lifted her arm checking the time on her watch. 4:15 PM. "I better hurry," she rushed getting ready. She didn't know why but she had this feeling that she needed to be there. Munja Wasseon! Munja Wasseon!

Dress nice when you get there! Her friend SooRim texted her.

"How does she know I'm going somewhere?" She asked herself. Ignoring her friend's text she picked a regular T shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. Basically casual wear. She ran downstairs missing the city bus. "How am I going to get there now?"

"Need a lift!" DaeJung on his bike appeared.

"DaeJungssi," she was surprised. He dropped her off at the restaurant with not a minute to lose. Getting in the restaurant was empty. Except for one person who sat alone. She walked toward his table seeing YongHwa dressed in a tuxedo.

"Why are you dressed so plain?" He asked.

"YongHwa?" She started to cry.

"Yah! Stop crying!" He got up wiping her tears.

"But I told you to stop following me," she still said that.

"I'm never going to stop ShinHye. No matter what you say." He looked her straight in her eyes.

"Nappeun seki! Player! Unfaithful!" She hit him over and over.

"Ugh geuman!" He grabbed her wrists. "Is that what you're afraid of? Because of what I was? You're different to me than all those other girls."

"Wae?" She asked.

"Because I never said this to those girls before," he pulled her into his embrace. "Saranghae," he told her in her ear. She kept crying but now they were good tears. Her arms wrapped around his waist like before. He fist pumped in the air, "now its your turn."

"Neo michyeoseo! (You're crazy!) Why should I say it? Don't you already know?" She smiled, something she didn't do in a long time. He pulled away from her to share a kiss. When this time they don't have regrets. Anything to be sad about, nothing holding them back.

"Nappeun seki, saranghaeyo." She confesses.

Yay! They're together now! Well you can guess the rest, ShinHye pigged out eating most of the meat from the restaurant. The end <3 Kamsahamnida for reading my first fanfic remember to comment on it! Tell me how you liked it and yups I'll try to come up with more stories! I'll go sleep now! Good night!