Chapter 10-Why am I feeling this way?

A new love can heal an old one

ShinHye POV

"It will only be a moment," I ripped his hold off me. His eyes tempted me to stay right there with him. I have a feeling that this girl. She is the one who broke his heart. We're all here with our past looking us in the eye. I have to know why Daehyun wants to talk to me. I'm not entirely over him. I'll be honest to myself about that. No matter how much I tell myself what he did to me. I need to talk to him. Maybe talking to him will make me stop liking him. I have to test this out. I look at YongHwa seeing him glare at his ex. "You need to talk to her," I told him. I know it seemed rude to leave him there. But he can take care of himself right? Hes always breaking the hearts of girls. Maybe this time instead of her leaving him. He'll leave her. I want him to leave her.

"So you guys went on a date today," Daehyun spoke. We sat in front of the mall on a bench.

"Ahni not exactly," I answered. It was a pretend date but it would sound stupid telling him that. In fact it sounds stupid now.

"So you guys aren't together then?" He asked anxiously.

"Why do you care?" I stood up for myself. Against this guy who mattered most.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you think I mean? You left me there when I poured my heart out to you!" I referred back to that time. I stood up facing him. Oh great now I might cry. I turn around in case I might. No way did I want him to see me that way. "I told you I loved you, and you left like that. When I finally decided to let you know how I felt about you. For a long time." Now it hurts. I'm letting myself hurt again. Because of this guy? "So why do you care?" I asked one more time.

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me. His head resting on my head. "I'm sorry," he apologized. The tears came as I tried to resist him. He held me tighter making sure I wouldn't break free. "I was stupid back then. I was blind back then. Nan ajigdobabo." (I'm still a fool) He confesses.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying I was blind to not see you. I was wrong to leave you there. When instead I should have been holding on to you, like now." He kept pulling me in. If only I heard these words before. I wouldn't have experienced horrible pain. Pain caused by him. Is he just telling me what he thinks I want to hear? He let go of me turning me around. He wiped my tears as I stared at him. "Will you give me that chance?"

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. A thought occured to me. "What about your girlfriend?" I stepped back in disbelief.

"I was planning to break up with her today," he answered. Is he serious about that? Possibly for me? "Its okay if you don't believe me right now. I'll wait for your answer I should go drop her off," he began to walk away.

"I will!" I call out. He turned around. "I will give you a chance," I answered.

End of POV

Meanwhile YongHwa and his ex were having their own discussion...

"YongHwa are you really going out with that girl? Shes not your type," his ex spoke. They sat down on the opposite side of the building from ShinHye.

"What do you know about my type?" He asked.

"Because I'm your type," she answered.

"Hah! Was my type," he stood up facing away from her. "How could you use me like that?" He decided to look back on the past for once. He needed to know if she ever felt the same. Could it all really be for nothing.

"At first I just wanted to use you. But as we got closer I really did fall for you." She confesses.

"But you told me all you really wanted was to pass. Not this."

"Only because I knew I wouldn't be good for you. A girl like me with someone as great as you. I'd only bring you down," she admits. He turned around walking towards her.

"You loved me back then and you lied." He looked her straight in her eyes. This way he could tell if she were lying. That way he could tell if anyone lied.

"Yes I lied. I didn't want to hurt you," she went on.

"But you did and I guess you got hurt yourself," he looked down taking her hand.

"Will you take me back?" She dared to ask.

"What about your boyfriend?" He stepped back.

"I've been planning to let him down easy today," she admits.

"I guess we can try again," he felt glad to get back with his first love. But there was a bad aftertaste. A different feeling nagged him on the back of his neck.  

Later on ShinHye and YongHwa met at his car. Daehyun took his ex back home. YongHwa brought them to a park where the view of the stars in the sky shone brightest.

They sat on his car's hood gazing at the stars. Normally Shinhye would want to be home now. Checking her homework and everything. But not tonight, she felt uncertain if she decided right.

"Lets stop seeing each other," Yonghwa says out loud.