Chapter 11- So Close and still So Far

A new love can heal an old one

ShinHye POV

"Lets stop seeing each other," he says. Why does the night sky feel darker now?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't want to confuse Lee Young and that is what you wanted," he made it feel like a breakup. Maybe thats what this was.

By the way! Lee Young is his ex and well... now his girlfriend... but yea... Sorry I never mention her name I just thought she wasn't really important to truly mention but yea...

"I'm breaking up with you," he really did treat this as a breakup. I couldn't believe but it really is. I guess we are breaking up. It felt like there was something after all. I felt cold, not from the wind. I felt cold inside, my heart. It hurts again. More than the pain from Daehyun. "Get prepared for moments like this," he said.

"What?"

"This is a simulation. This is what it would be like when someone breaks up with you." Thats what this is. I didn't like experiencing this pain. I guess having YongHwa here for me after all is good. This way I'll be stronger. "I would never break up with you. We weren't ever together in the first place, earlier was just an act." He had to make the pain worse.

"Right of course it was just an act."  I needed to be strong.

"About earlier though, I do mean it. I'll stop following you. I don't want to confuse Lee Young," he finally admits he stalked me. But why do I feel sad that hes stopping it? "So this will be the last time we'll meet like this," he added.

"If we pass each other on school or in class we'll act as strangers," I requested. I needed to do this. That way I won't get hurt. I can't believe I felt attracted to this guy. A complete opposite. But the only person who agreed on not wanting love.

"Fine I'll take you home now," he agreed. This is it huh.

End Of POV

Next Day! School Day!

"Hey there," Daehyun put his arm around ShinHye. At first she felt really awkward, very shy. But she thought this is what couples do right?

"Hi," she responded back. They walked through the school hallways heading for her locker. As they got closer another couple walked toward them. YongHwa held hands with Lee Young. She smiled happily up at his face. But he kept his eyes on ShinHye. ShinHye kept his eyes on him as well, while Daehyun smiled down at her. As they pass by each other they look forward on. With regret in their hearts. But they couldn't feel that way. No way did they want to decieve who they're with now. They didn't want to believe that they possibly fell for each other.

"Yonghwa oppa what are you thinking about?" Lee Young asked him. Ever since she got him back she felt on top. She knew the way ShinHye looked at him. Truthfully she loved him but now its obssessive, that only she can have him. Over the years she heard about him becoming a player. Her thought was only I can hold his heart.

"ShinHye what are you thinking about?" Daehyun really did care about her now. Seeing her with another guy he felt rage. Over the years he knew she never went out with anyone, only cared about her school work. His thought was only she can love me.

"Oh its nothing," ShinHye and YongHwa tell their partner. During lunch neither ShinHye or YongHwa felt hungry.

"You want some?" Daehyun offers his food to her. Something YongHwa wouldn't do. Instead he'd mooch off of her plate, while she'll hit his hand. ShinHye shook her head looking down at her feet. Across from them on another round table. YongHwa stared down at his rice.

"Oppa aren't you hungry?" LeeYoung asked. He shook his head at her. Lee Young looked across at ShinHye seeing how sad she seemed. "Here open your mouth aah," she fed him. ShinHye looked up at them, noticing how happy they seemed. I should be happy too. She thought to herself.

"Oppa I'd like some food now," ShinHye rested her head on his arm.

"Really? Alright here you go, open wide aah." Daehyun fed her. YongHwa looked up irritated. What exactly is she trying to do now? Make yourself cute huh? YongHwa thought to himself. Then he had a flashback of her eating like a pig. He smirked staring at her.

"Only I know what a messy eater you are," he said out loud.

"Oppa I'm not a messy eater," LeeYoung told him.

"Mianhe I didn't mean you," he told her. A week passed by and it was time to turn in their powerpoint and baby doll.

YongHwa POV

I looked over to ShinHye watching her take out the doll. She looked serious, dead serious. Could this assignment mean that much to her?

"Okay give me your flashdrive and baby doll." Our teacher took our work away. "This will be graded over the weekend I hope you enjoyed your marriage." She smiled.

"Yeah the honeymoon went great," I joked out loud. That got the class riled up. Especially those girls who adored me but hated me for being taken. I looked at ShinHye to see if she'll hit me or glare. Nothing. Nothing about her changed. After class I walked over to her locker to say hi. I don't know why I just... I guess I want to know why shes upset. Maybe with me. "Hey ShinHye," I leaned on the locker next to hers. No response, dead silence. She continues stuffing books in her locker. "Hi I'm right here," I smiled. Shes not even sharing eye contact with me. She began to leave but I grabbed her arm. "Whats up with you?" She looked down with a blank expression.

"Let me go," she asked in a small but strong tone.

"I just want to talk to you," I said letting her go. I leaned back on the locker expecting her to leave.

"Wae? I don't know who you are," she stated. A flashback ran through my head. We agreed to see each other as strangers, nothing more.

"Come on I didn't really mean that," I tried to change it. I didn't like not being able to talk to her. The regular cheerful hungry ShinHye I know. This isn't her. She walked away ignoring anything else I had to say. But she came back getting one more book out of her locker. She actually looked at me this time. "Yeah," I said.

"You should get out of the way you're leaning on her locker," she pointed at this pissed off chick. She was HUGE! No way would I want to mess with her.

"Jesonghabnida," I apologize turning around to see ShinHye leaving the building. We're so close and still so far.

End Of POV