Chapter 19- It Meant Nothing

A new love can heal an old one

"Guess who?" Her vision darkened with someone's hands over her face. She thought about his voice his too familiar voice. She took off his hands then smiled.

"Daehyunssi," she turned around guessing right.

"ShinHye I thought I'd see you here," they stood in the library. She was searching for a good manga to read. Though she'd come here almost everyday to read manga, she only read one series. The series Daehyun introduced to her. He brought out a cute stuffed bear wearing a blue polka dot dress and a sky blue bow.

"Oh shes so cute! Kamsahamnida Daehyun," she thanked him hugging the bear tightly. They sat down at a table with a stack of manga books. "You keep giving me things I feel bad for not getting you something," she told him.

"But you did give me something," he replied.

"Eh?"

"Just you being here with me. That's all I need from you. Even if it sounds corny," he took her hand. She wanted to love him because of his kindness. Shes doing her best to love him. Yesterday was the best day she ever had. But it would be the only time she allowed herself. From now on she'll ignore YongHwa. No way did she want to give her heart to a player.

"I'll be here with you," she linked fingers with him. Daehyun walked her home carrying her books. "First time you didn't go there to study," he mentions.

"Oh that's the old me," she answered. He placed the books on the ground for a moment. Now placing his hands on her shoulders ready to kiss her.

YongHwa headed for ShinHye's home to take her out again like yesterday. He wanted everday to be like yesterday. Minus the kid of course. Daehyun just inches away from her lips she looks down quickly. "Alright its fine." Hes patient. Instead he kissed her on her forehead for just a moment. But during that moment YongHwa watches in his car. He planned to park in her driveway to get her but passed on seeing the entire scene. "Have a good day," he waved goodbye. ShinHye took her plastic bag full of manga books then headed upstairs.

"Damn it I'm jealous again. Why does she- ugh!" YongHwa pulled over to the curb. He gripped his steering wheel tightly thinking of how to get those two separated. Daehyun walked past his car not noticing him. "Asswhole," he insults him.

"ShinHye!" Jimmy ran to her side.

"You staying for the night again Jimmy?" She asked carrying him.

"Neh! ShinHye who is that guy you were with?" He watched through the window.

"Oh he is my boyfriend Daehyun," she answered. He shook his head.

"Ahni hyung is your boyfriend." He disagreed.

"He's just a friend now," she set him down on the couch with his stuffed bear. He played with her stuffed bear that Daehyun gave her. "More like a memory actually," she added.

"But hyung likes you a lot," he told her.

"Maybe now but later I'll be like a memory. I don't want that to happen so that's why its good to be friends right now. You don't forget friends do you Jimmy."

"Neh! You don't! Just like Winnie the Pooh and his friends!" He put his stuffed animals all together. She rubbed his back then headed to her room. Checking her phone for any new messages there was none. She wanted him to text her. Better to call her so she'll hear his voice. But she shook her head getting rid of these desires. The stuffed pig YongHwa won her rested on her pillows. She held it facing its snout at her.

"Yah! Don't chase after me if you're not faithful! Nappeun seki," she pointed at it. She poked the snout then squished it. A pig for a pig. He told her. "Baboya," she fell asleep hugging his gift to her. Rather than Daehyun's gift.

After School

"ShinHye where is your boyfriend?" SooRim caught up to her with DaeJung on her side.

"Daehyun has a LEO club meeting so I'm heading home," she answered.

"Do you want to come with us we're going to get a bite to eat," DaeJung invited her.

"Kamsaheyo but no thank you I'm not hungry," she rejected them.

"Liar you're always hungry," YongHwa came from behind. She turned around startled by his voice. "Would you go if I came along?" He asked. She would but refused to.

"Ahni," she answered.

"Wae? Don't want them to see the pig you are?" He asked.

"Ahni I have homework," she walked past him. He followed her like a lost puppy. SooRim and DaeJung went on to McDonalds. Knowing they'll be fine on their own. "Don't follow me," she turned around warning him.

"Yah why are we back to this? I thought we were you know... together now," he put his hand on her arm. She flicked it away from her.

"Ahni I already have a boyfriend," she answered.

"That you don't even love back," he told her.

"I do love him back," she fought against herself.

"No you don't you love me. I know you do!"

"When did I say I loved you? I never spoke these words to you."

"You kissed me!" 

"Because I felt sorry for you! Constantly following me around I gave you what you wanted. It meant nothing, all of it! Now leave me alone." She began to walk away but held on to her. Looking her straight into her eyes. "What?"

"You're lying! I know you're lying! What about yesterday!?"

"Let me go!" She broke free from him. She wanted to cry but not in front of him. "To me yesterday was nothing. I don't love you. I never did," she left him shattered. As she did herself actually forcing herself to do this. Turning around the corner at her apartment building she broke down. Her back hit the wall, she slid down hugging her kness on the ground. She cried for him now.

YongHwa stayed frozen, cold inside. He couldn't believe her words. No way could he let it end like this. He knows she lied to him. Looking into her eyes he can tell.