Chapter 12-Detention

A new love can heal an old one

Texting in class

ShinHye

YongHwa

This is so boring

How do you have my number?

Your parents gave it to me :)

Delete it.

Why should I?

Leave me alone, for good please.

I don't want to.

"ShinHye! YongHwa! Are yout texting in my class?" Their teacher glared at the two. In this class they sat far apart. Before they sat right next to each other, because he requested it. But ShinHye requested a different seat to keept to her promise with him. "I'm apalled at you ShinHye!"

"Jesonghabnida seonsaeng," she apologized. They ended up in detention together after school. Their punishment was to clean the classroom. Vacuum, clean the chalk board, sweep up, scrape all gum under the desk, etc. They were not to leave until the room looked spotless.

"This is all your fault," YongHwa accused her.

"My fault? You were the one texting me during class!" She glared at him. Something he actually longed for. He smiled pointing at her. "Give me your phone," she held out her hand.

"Wae?" He placed it in her hand. She immediately searched his contacts looking for her number to delete. "Yah! Give that back!" They fought over his phone. He hugged her from behind trying to tickle her into letting it go.

"Geuman! Ha ha ha!" She kept laughing but she held on to it.

"Not until you give it back!" He continued. As soon as she composed herself she found her contact. Her default picture was her pigging out in McDonalds.

"Yah! What is this?!" She showed him the picture.

"What? Its you eating! Now give it back!" She deleted it by the push of the button. Then tossed it to him satisfied. "Damn it, give me your phone."

"No! Look stop talking to me. We don't know each other," she fixed her shirt then got back to erasing the chalkboards. After they went outside to clean the erasers.

Like how people do it in shows, when you smack the two erasers together and theres like chalk dust in the air.

YongHwa watched her smacking it away from her face. He went closer to her smacking it right at her face.

"Yah! Neo juggo sip-eo? (you want to die?)" She smacked some right in his face. They chased each other getting covered in chalk dust. In every chore they did he managed to get closer to her. He'd always mess with her on a task making her laugh. He liked her when she smiled. Her smile brought the best of him.

"Here you go," YongHwa handed the key to the classroom to the janitor.

"You two worked very hard," he smiled locking up the classroom.

"Kamsahamnida," they both bow.

"I'll drive you home," he offered her.

"Ahni I live just a few blocks from here," she rejected. He didn't want to push her any more. It seems like she really wanted to stop seeing him. As she walked home alone he from a fair distance followed her. She didn't go inside yet, she stayed outside leaning on the wall. She thought to herself that because of him she experienced detention. For the first time though it went pretty fun.