Chapter 15- It Hurts

A new love can heal an old one

"ShinHye that was the best date ever! I finally have a boyfriend!" Soo Rim ambushed her at her locker. She kept her eyes open to see if DaeJung were near.

"That's good to hear," she told her friend as she grabbed her text book.

"Oh yea so where were you last night? You just ditched Daehyun there," she had to ask. ShinHye breathed in deeply then sighed. "Is something wrong?"

"No nothings wrong," she closed her locker door flashing a smile.

"You're lying," Soo Rim pointed at her. Her best friend can tell if shes faking her smile. "Are you alright? For you to be like this."

"I'm fine just let me be please," ShinHye pleaded her. Soo Rim understood when to back off. Suddenly her eye sight darkened, someone wraps their hands around her eyes.

"Guess who!" DaeJung asked.

"Who else does that?" Soo Rim turned around giving him a hello kiss. ShinHye looked at the two remembering how she'd do the same to Daehyun. That time he never returned her love. She'd always long for him to feel the same. Now that he does she feels indifferent. She's confused of her feelings for anyone now.

As soon as she turned around Daehyun handed her a rose. "Daehyunssi," she became surprised.

"Anyong ShinHye," he smiled.

"Kamsahamnida," she smiled putting the rose up to her nose. She loved flowers the floral scent was light. Not strong and heavy like perfume. "What is this for?" She asked.

"I suspected you were sad about something so I hope this will cheer you up," he patted her head. She shook her head with her fake smile.

"I'm not upset! I'm very happy! Especially now that you're here," shes glad he couldn't tell if she lied like Soo Rim.

"I'm glad to hear that, I want you to be happy." The more sincere he acted the more hurt she felt. Why can't she be with him? She wants to love him, like she did before. Although now she struggles that way. Throughout the school day ShinHye for once didn't care. If the teacher called on her for not paying attention she wouldn't worry. All she wanted to do that day was sit down and think. She believed if she thought about Daehyun she'll be able to love him.

They met after school right out front. They sat on the bench with shade from an old tree. "What are you doing?" Daehyun asked her. She stared intensely at him hoping to find him cute in anyway. She knew he was good looking but maybe seeing him in a certain light... She moved around to keep staring at him. "Is it something on my face?" He started to wipe his lips. That struck a nerve. Staring at his lips. A flashback from the date played in her mind. When Daehyun tried to plant one on her but failed.

"I forgot something in my locker I'll be back!" She quickly hustled back into the school hallways. She didn't forget anything. "Maybe if I kissed him then I'll fall for him!" She thought out loud. She repeatedly smacked her forehead for making her look like a total idiot in front of her boyfriend.

Lee Young walked around the corner about to head into YongHwa's classroom. He was fast asleep drooling on his desk. "Yah! Wake up!" She kicked his chair.

"Huh? Oh Lee Young, you're here?" He got up putting on his backpack. He had to turn in a late assignment to his teacher. Lee Young waits by the door for him. She notices ShinHye lost in thought as she continues to leave the hallways. A lightbulb turns on above her head. As she grows red horns and a devil tail. "Kaja!" YongHwa stretches. ShinHye smacked her head once more approaching the couple.

"Oppa," Lee Young smiles making sure ShinHye notices. YongHwa turns his head facing Lee Young.

"What is i-" they share in a deep kiss out of nowhere. YongHwa is unaware of  ShinHye standing there watching them. He stands there uresponsive as Lee Young tries her best for him to kiss her back. His eyes stay closed giving the look he is kissing her back. ShinHye watches the two shattered.

ShinHye's POV

Why can't I move? I don't want to be here right now. Huh? I place my hand over my chest. What is this feeling? It hurts. My heart is hurting again. But why? I shouldn't be here when hes kissing her. Nappeun seki. You took away my first kiss without hesitation. Now you're kissing her. As if last night didn't mean anything to you. Wait a minute. ShinHye you babo! Lee Young is his girlfriend! Why should you be jealous? Walk away right now. Right now before-

"ShinHye! We didn't see you there!" Lee Young smiles at me as if we're friends. Oh wait we are friends right? YongHwa looks straight at me as if I'm a ghost. I couldn't take it anymore. I simply run past them actually crying. Why am I crying? I can't cry because of him! He loves her! What's so wrong with that? "Oh we'll see you later then!"

Daehyun waited out for me with two ice cream cones now. "Daehyunssi," I wiped my eyes but tears kept coming.

"ShinHye what's wrong?" He asked. I walk closer to him. Inch by inch slowly into his embrace.

"It hurts," I choke out the words. He wraps his arms around me doing his best to hold the ice cream cones.

End Of POV

"Oh we'll see you later then!" Lee Young waved goodbye to her. She looked up at YongHwa linking arms with him.

"What was that?" He asked.

"What?"

"Why did you kiss me out of the blue?" He asked her. He couldn't believe ShinHye watched that.

"What do you mean why? We're boyfriend and girlfriend after all oppa. You're mine," she wrapped her arms around him. He felt uncomfortable being around her now.

"Uh look its not me, its you. I'm sorry but I don't want to be your boyfriend any longer," he let her down easy.

"What?! How could you say that?" She was shocked. Last time she had him wrapped around her finger now shes barely holding on to him. "Stop joking around oppa," she tried to brush it off. Again she held on to his arm. He pushed her away.

"I'm serious I want to break up. Don't you feel awkward about this? Mianhe Lee Young but I'm tired of you," he walked away.

"Nappeun seki!" She stomped the floor. Quickly she thought of a way to make him stop. "You like her don't you?" He actually stopped. She didn't like the idea of talking about her to make him stay. In fact Lee Young began despising ShinHye. What is so great about her? Why does everyone like her? Shes a ing nerd! She thought to herself. "That's right, you like ShinHye am I wrong? That's why you're breaking up with me!"

He turns around, "who I like from now on is none of your business." He answers turning back around to leave. He figured the type of person Lee Young is now. After being with her for a while he got down her type. If he told her yes she would definitely hurt ShinHye. But too late, she knows.

As soon as YongHwa left the building he saw them. Daehyun held ShinHye in his arms also holding two ice cream cones.

YongHwa POV

Damn! He has her and he has ice cream? How am I going to get to her now? Shes already in a relationship with that guy. I stare at them unable to move. I'm not usually like this. I really don't like this feeling. I pat my chest in shock of my feelings. For the first time in my life. I'm jealous. I've been in a lot of relationships but never have I actually cared. I look up seeing Daehyun look at me. He kept a gaze at me as if he thinks I'm intimidated by him. Which I am. They're hugging passionately for petes sake! Daehyun breaks off the hug then hands her an ice cream.

"Don't cry anymore," he tells her. He looks back at me one last time. Then as he looks back at ShinHye he leans in closer. H-Hes kissing her. Nappeun seki! I couldn't tell if she kissed him back. Hell of course she did! She loves him, not me. Maybe its better that way. After they break off Daehyun smiles as if he accomplished a long waited mission. Asswhole. He looked at me to make sure I was watching. You're no different than Lee Young you jerk. Fine you want to play it that way? We'll play it that way.

End of POV